View Poll Results: What do you think of Queen Clea?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love her! One of my favorite villains ever!

11 39.29%
  • I like her in a few select appearances, but she could be better.

10 35.71%
  • I don't like Queen Clea, she's a rubbish supervillain.

3 10.71%
  • Who's Queen Clea?

4 14.29%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    If we are looking for reasons for Clea to come into conflict with Diana, why keep going back to the old "wanting to take over Atlantis" thing? Why not have her tired of ruling under the sea and have her attempt to take over Themyscira for a change?
    I would love for a competent creative team to bring in Clea (as well as a few other villains that need to be dusted off and put to good use) but it looks like it's not going to happen for a while.
    I like your idea for a storyline.
    I could see her wanting to use the island as a base of operation.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

The image released today for the Aquaman film shows the Seven Kings, and there's a female character among them. Could we be seeing a Queen Clea cameo?

The whole take over sea can be a secondary storyline. Why can't Clea have a relationship with the Amazons? That her people and the Amazons bonded. She wants Hippolyta's girdle and staff due to the power they hold

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The image released today for the Aquaman film shows the Seven Kings, and there's a female character among them. Could we be seeing a Queen Clea cameo?
    I sure hope so. If they're basing the concept off Johns' Seven Seas concept, then it should be fairly likely.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with her. Will they just keep her contained in Aquaman's world? Will she show up in Wonder Woman 3? We already know there was a war between the Amazons and the Atlanteans at some point. Perhaps Clea (or an ancestor of hers) was heavily involved in that war?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I'd love to find out, in a high-stakes Watchmen styled WW story, that Clea has existed for millions of years, ..like before mankind crawled out of the seas. Perhaps, the Atlantean woman, whom Diana battled in the 1940s, was just one of many Earthlings that she possessed, for a while. Maybe, she's not even a humanoid life-form, but, a sentient, extra-dimensional substance, who has controlled several WW characters, over the years - men, Amazons, supervillains. I would love to find out that she had crawled into Veronica or Circe, also.

Maybe, that head-dress on Clea's head is some kind of husk ..for the real Clea.

Yeah...Clea's been toiling, behind the scenes, for eons. Setting up the pieces to do some apocalyptic thing that only Diana can stop. THAT might get my attention.

Clea's always been a little dull, as is. Can't someone do something interesting with her? I think she needs a fresh coat of paint and a nasty wrinkle underneath to be truly interesting.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-16-2018 at 02:54 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

How would you write her?

I'd still keep her as the Queen of Venturia, one of the seven (or more) city-states of the Atlantean nation(s). As a matriarchal culture, there would be some males in the city, but far more females. I'd make them a little more Spartan in their outlook in terms governance and culture that polarizes them with Theymscira's governance and culture.

Once Theymscira is revealed and accessible to the world again, I want to start again with what Perez and Jimenez started in terms of cultural exchange (and possibly clashes) with the outside world. I'd set up the culture and rule Clea has created and maintained for years as alternative to the Amazons, which the Amazons and Venturians each trying to influence the world outside their nations - Patriarch's World and dry land.

Of course, my Clea would have some ulterior motives, despite posing a bit as a savior. To me she's charismatic, yet stern, and a born manipulator, with a penchant for magical weapons that increase her power and influence (trident, etc.)

Longer term, I see her developing a rapport with Black Adam, Queen Bee, Count Vertigo, Black Fire, Minister Blizzard, Siren, Grodd, etc. and other royalty and leaders of "super" nations or city states and creating a "super" evil NATO like organization to look after their interests and exert control on Earth and possibly intergalactically.

There could be an alliance between Clea and Ocean Master to combine empires, does Orm have a love interest?, Clea could be a rival to Mera.

In the DCEU she could be apart of Luthor's group as a connection between WW and Aquaman's movies.

Why not have Clea be the ruler of Venturia but it's actually the Black Sea. Also, why not have Clea and her people already know the Amazons? That Venturians and the Amazons are working together to guard a powerful monster and weapon?

To be honest, the idea of sunken cities in the Mediterranean or Black Sea are very on-the-nose. It not only works but makes sense.

But yeah I could see Luthor recruiting her as a way to counter Aquaman or WW.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    To be honest, the idea of sunken cities in the Mediterranean or Black Sea are very on-the-nose. It not only works but makes sense.

But yeah I could see Luthor recruiting her as a way to counter Aquaman or WW.
    I'd love to see that marhawkman. I'd like to see more capable supervillainesses match wits and strategies with Luthor, instead of just taking orders from him.

(I get a little tired of Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne, and Michael Holt being touted as the three smartest people in the DCU, with no love for the ladies. Not saying Clea should be the smartest, but shown as more than capable and not just hanging out to take his direction.)

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'd love to see that marhawkman. I'd like to see more capable supervillainesses match wits and strategies with Luthor, instead of just taking orders from him.

(I get a little tired of Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne, and Michael Holt being touted as the three smartest people in the DCU, with no love for the ladies. Not saying Clea should be the smartest, but shown as more than capable and not just hanging out to take his direction.)
    Yeah, I wouldn't like to see Clea take orders from Luthor, or anyone else, really. She's a ruler and a leader in her own right.

But yeah, I don't see Clea having any big role whatsoever in the DCEU, but a nice nod to the character in Aquaman would be enough to reignite my excitement for the movie universe. If she does appear, the most I could see them doing for her is showing her with the other kings at some point.

Why not also make Clea a bit of Eco-terrorist not on the scale of Poison Ivy rather the fact how important the sea is for humans and how terrible it is for her people. I wonder in Marston's her kingdom was very important and that's why she tried to take over the neighboring kingdom. So what if it's was rebellion part of Clea's kingdom and the Amazons get invovled.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Why not also make Clea a bit of Eco-terrorist not on the scale of Poison Ivy rather the fact how important the sea is for humans and how terrible it is for her people. I wonder in Marston's her kingdom was very important and that's why she tried to take over the neighboring kingdom. So what if it's was rebellion part of Clea's kingdom and the Amazons get involved.
    That IS a recurring theme in DC's Atlanteans. They don't like how Humans keep polluting the oceans.
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

Yeah I always get a kick out of team books where the villains actually act as a TEAM and don't do the boss/lackey routine.

Why not Hippoltya and Clea have close ties? I mean if we have Clea be in the Black Sea and she is Queen of the Black why not have the two Queen be friends? Or at least one thought they were friends.