Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Gotham's" Cameron Monaghan Drops Biggest Joker Tease Yet

In a black-and-white photo on his Instagram, Monaghan looks eerily like the Joker with a pale face and a wide, creepy smile.

Full article here.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

please cancel this show.
    it's hideous and offensive for any Batman, DC or comics fan
    thank you
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

All-New Member

oh wow! young joker looks almost as kewl as young darth vader! this should be as epic as the phantom menace, minus all that boring darth maul lightsaber action!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Isn't this dhwo supposed to be about Gothan before the Bat rogues showed up?

Also: Showing the Joker's origin is the ultimate sin of Batman. This show FAILS!!!!!!!
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

The apparent reveal from the first season was easily the best part of that season so this is good news IMHO. I don't mind if Gotham's Joker has a back story as it's already taken various liberties with the source material (Ed Nygma working for the police force, plus one key death at the end of last season). We had a Jack Napier version of the Joker once and it didn't hurt the character, so I'm fine with a Jerome version of the Joker. Looking forward to season 2. Season one gradually phased out what wasn't working and recurring guests that clicked have been upgraded to regulars so I'm optimistic for a solid season two.

Why do people hate this show so much, especially Jerome as Joker? It's not like the films / comics / tv shows ever subscribed to the same history / story when it comes to Batman or his rogues, it's an elseworld's story.

Fantastic Member

This kid absolutely nailed the role as a young pre-Joker. And yeah, it's a departure from comic canon, although it's hard to beat the show up over that since comic Joker famously lacks a consistent backstory.

I'm a lifelong fan of Batman in his various media incarnations. After recently going back to read a bunch of old comics, I can safely say that the Gotham TV show is NOT terribly written compared to a great many comics from the past. There have been some classic comics that I would proudly show to anyone willing to give the medium a try, but also tons of badly written pulp. Anyone who argues otherwise has his fanboy blinders on.

Gotham season 1 was a ratings success and was renewed because it was one of FOX's few bright spots last season. Millions of people kept coming back for more, and Batman is such a widely known property that you can hardly accuse the audience of knowing "nothing" about the characters. As always, it's the vocal minority on the internet who keep saying that it's absolutely awful.

While it's far from the best show on TV, Gotham is still a fun watch, and Monaghan did great in his episode. Looking forward to more of him in season 2.

I don't actually watch the show at all, but my friend who does said that I needed to watch the part where they hint that he's the Joker. I watched it on YouTube and I have to say, I was very impressed. Kid is pretty good. As my friend described it, probably the best combo of Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger's Joker portrayal.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Needs a Damaged tattoo on his forehead.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    please cancel this show.
    it's hideous and offensive for any Batman, DC or comics fan
    thank you
    please speak for yourself making it seem like you are entitled represent or you'r appointed to act or speak for all Batman DC or comic fan's is hideous and offensive thank you.
    Last edited by choptop; 07-08-2015 at 08:48 PM.

No Red Hood?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    No Red Hood?
    Maybe they tie him in with the Red Hood storyline from season one. The hood gets passed on to him and all the 'power' that comes with it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Isn't this dhwo supposed to be about Gothan before the Bat rogues showed up?

Also: Showing the Joker's origin is the ultimate sin of Batman. This show FAILS!!!!!!!
    the comics and film have shown some of his origin in the past so its no big deal

Was hoping this kid would return. He's definitely got the creepy smile and creepy laugh down. If he does end up playing the pre-cursor to the Joker, I think he'll do just fine.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.