Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10nate View Post
    Thanks for the additional recommendations. I'll give them a look and see if they are for me.

For BRPD, should it be read in publication order? Comixology is offering each of the volumes at $4.99 - $5.99 an issue. After looking at the offerings, they have the omnibus editions that cover all 14 volumes for $6.99 and the one for $12.99 which will save a ton of money. However, the omnibus editions are out of publication order. The second book includes volumes 4, 12, and 5. Should I read it in that order or read it through the order it was published.

EDIT: Whoops. Just saw that Angilasman posted about reading it in publication order.

Meh, it's a principal that should mostly be followed, but that 12th volume was a series of one-shot flashbacks following individual team members as they worked to stop the threat that they were dealing with around the time of original volumes 4 and 5.

... Man, I'm making things sound a lot more complicated than it should! Publication order is a general rule for the Hellboy Universe, but if Dark Horse fudges that order in a single collection it's gonna make sense.

The Claw of Justice!

All of the Hellboy titles are great. I would recommend Lobster Johnson in particular. Also, Usagi Yojimbo is awesome. I would definitely recommend that.