Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PiercedMonk View Post
    Actually, Doom 2099 was the real Doom. Otherwise, you're correct.
    Really. My mistake. I had forgotten this fact. But I'd really like if the Marvel Comics did anything toward the Marvel Universe 2099

Oh, absolutely. Me too. I like S-Man well enough, but I'd really like to see more of the X-Men -- Meanstreak and Krystalin will always be some of my favourites -- and I loved the world of 2099.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    Exactly! Marvel 2099 characters although they use the same names of known characters from Marvel Comics has nothing to do with these characters being completely different heroes and villains. Even Doom 2099 is not the same character that alternative versions of Doctor Doom but a completely different character from the other versions of the Multiverse. Particularly I would like very much the case among the titles of All-New All-Different Marvel exist one dedicated to the Marvel 2099 who worked these characters but unfortunately there is not I who decide but the Marvel Comics.
    There was that other Doctor Strange from SW Journal, who was bitten by vampires, I think, and only existed as a ghost attached to a Punisher and then after Logan killed that Punisher, the Dr Strange ghost attached to Logan. I don't think the 616 Dr Strange detected the ghost on Logan, when Logan visited 616 Strange, later.

There is also another Dr Strange in Inferno, but he seems to have been defeated by Darkchilde just recently. It's odd that Strange has variations around Battleworld, but Doom hasn't.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-17-2015 at 05:49 AM.

BANNED

I really like that after Secret Wars that Marvel Comics took a title in which to work the characters in the Marvel Universe 2099 as in Avengers 2099, Defenders 2099, Spider-Man 2099, Punisher 2099, Ghost Rider 2099 and X-Men 2099 that all these characters might be in the same title with a shared universe for all of them but unfortunately I think it is not in the plans of Marvel Comics the contrary would have been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by PiercedMonk View Post
    - The book opens with the Avengers and the Defenders facing off. The dude both teams are after, Martin Hargood, takes off and runs into Roman and Valkyrie and is subdued.

- Hercules takes a shine to Valkyrie and starts hitting on her, much to the displeasure of Roman because apparently she's "[his] woman," and the two start fighting. Silver Surfer breaks things up, and everyone heads to Alchemax to question Hargood. Strange has reservations, but agrees after Captain America guarantees her team's safety.
    Is this the traditional Defenders Valkyrie, or a new 2099 version? Does she reciprocate before she gets tired of men fighting over her? Are her and Roman actually in a relationship, or is he just trying to call dibs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    I really like that after Secret Wars that Marvel Comics took a title in which to work the characters in the Marvel Universe 2099 as in Avengers 2099, Defenders 2099, Spider-Man 2099, Punisher 2099, Ghost Rider 2099 and X-Men 2099 that all these characters might be in the same title with a shared universe for all of them but unfortunately I think it is not in the plans of Marvel Comics the contrary would have been announced.
    Well to be fair, it didn't work out too well in 2099: World of Tomorrow, where they basically killed off everyone but S-Man and some X-Men before it even started.

I'm disapointed Ghost Rider 2099 wasn't part of the defenders. Does he make an appearance in the Ghost Racers comic? Somehow I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Is this the traditional Defenders Valkyrie, or a new 2099 version?
    It's not entirely clear. She's wearing a uniform very similar to her FEARLESS DEFENDERS costume, and her sword looks the same, and her name is Brunnhilde. However, it seems like she and Hercules -- who also very much resembles is modern era look -- have never actually met.

Personally I think not having two Immortal characters who were around for the "Age of Heroes" not recognise one another is a missed opportunity, but ah well. Silver Surfer also doesn't seem to be familiar with Hercules.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Does she reciprocate before she gets tired of men fighting over her? Are her and Roman actually in a relationship, or is he just trying to call dibs?
    There's only one panel of Hercules introducing himself to her before Roman steps in and claims her as "his woman," which she is immediately not impressed with. Later she does confirm that she and Roman are in a relationship, but she has zero interest in Hercules and Roman competing for her, whether it's via physical combat or a drinking contest.

BANNED

It would be very interesting to imagine other titles of super-heroes and super-villains who could receive versions of the Marvel Universe 2099, X-Factor 2099, X-Force 2099, Guardians of the Galaxy 2099, Inhumans 2099, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants 2099, Masters of Evil 2099, Thunderbolts 2099 among countless possibilities.