Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Reed and Sue post-Secret-Wars

Since Marvel so conspicuously split up their First Family in the name of the Almighty Dollar, it appears that Ben and Johnny will be shoehorned into Marvel's newest (and somewhat forced) poster children, the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Inhumans. (In case you couldn't tell, yes I am bitter. )

Anyhow, that still leaves the fates of Reed and Sue open to speculation, and given their central roles in Secret Wars I imagine their post-event status is something worthy of discussion.

Any theories, now that we're halfway through this event?

My thoughts are that both Reed and Doom will die at the end of Secret Wars in an effort to restore the universe. As for Sue, I don't know what they would do with her. Logically, they would have her run the Future Foundation.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Well, there was the teaser of Reed and Sue mourning. Could they be mourning Franklin? Valeria? Doom? All three?
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Well, there was the teaser of Reed and Sue mourning. Could they be mourning Franklin? Valeria? Doom? All three?
    What teaser is that? I didn't see any of the teasers post Secret Wars featuring Reed or Sue.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I haven't seen that either! Do share!

Not so much a teaser really, just a possible spoiler. Still technically just a rumour though.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/...wars-spoilers/
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

they used susan in SHIELD, perhaps they'll be sending her there if they don't kill her off.

Temporarily separating the F4 is good for them. It gives a different dynamic and the opportunity to bring in new fans when they eventually reunite.

My preference is for Sue to have a solo book, but I won't hold my breath. As long as she is an active member in any book, and not replaced by a alternate counterpart (especially Ultimate Sue) then I am happy.

I don't know what I want for Reed.

BANNED

Given Franklin's powers and Valeria smarts, I can see them scarficing their lives with Sue and Reed trying to save them and Doom, who is also trying to save Valeria, to reverse it all.

Besides when have we ever met another version of Valeria outside of a few What If stories ?

Plus,it would make some sense for Johnny and Ben to be away from the FF for a while given their unique situation to it all. Plus, Secret Wars could 'revise" Johnny and Ben's origins a bit and excluding Reed and Sue out of the Multiverse.

At lease that is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Temporarily separating the F4 is good for them. It gives a different dynamic and the opportunity to bring in new fans when they eventually reunite.
    You might be right. I just wish the separation had been executed for the good of the characters and the franchise rather than for the sake of incredibly petty ownership reasons. Also, I feel like that Fantastic Four "family troubles" has been too common a theme in recent years: first the departure of Reed and Sue post-Civil-War, then in the wake of Johnny Storm's death during Hickman's tenure. Both of those F4 break-ups were handled well, though. This break-up was particularly forced IMO.

BUT, I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    My preference is for Sue to have a solo book, but I won't hold my breath.
    I have been DYING for a Sue-solo-book! I feel like she's one of Marvel's best characters and that under the right pen she could really thrive and come into her own.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    they used susan in SHIELD, perhaps they'll be sending her there if they don't kill her off.
    Which issue?

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    I have been DYING for a Sue-solo-book! I feel like she's one of Marvel's best characters and that under the right pen she could really thrive and come into her own.
    I wish they'd give her a chance but with how Marvel seems to be going, It will be lucky if she is even alive in the new universe.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Which issue?
    Issue 4 of the recent Shield comic

4484173-shield2014004_dc11-0.jpg
    Last edited by Crimz; 07-09-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Besides when have we ever met another version of Valeria outside of a few What If stories ?

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

This is an important topic for all Fantastic Four fans. I wish I had some answers, but I do not. Anyone's guess is as good as mine.

BANNED

Hope that the ANAD Johnny Storm is the one SW Sue sentenced to becoming the sun.

As for Reed and Sue, I think that the SW Sue will cross over, but have no relationship with Reed.