Thread: Textless Cover?

All-New Member

Question Textless Cover?

Hi all!

First of all, I am new to this forum. I couldn't find anything about this through a search, so I apologize if my question has already been answered here before.

Alright, so I am collecting Daredevil comics. I want all of them. Not just all #s but also all the alternate covers.

Through my research, I found that almost all of the Vol 4 comics have textless alternate covers (as seen here; click the Alternate Covers-link). However, I have never stumbled upon any textless covers on eBay or anywhere else.

So my question is:
    Are there really any comics with a textless cover or is it artwork for like a poster or something?
    If there are comics with textless covers, where is it possible to get my hands on them? Where/How/When are they released?

Thanks in advance!

I believe it's the artwork initially released with the solicitations and such. You can often find a lot of images with textless art on the internet prior to the release of the issues.

Daredevil #17
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 07-17-2015 at 07:44 AM.

There may be an exception that I'm forgetting, but it's usually just promotional. The cover art is more striking without the trade dress, but you can't really sell it like that.

All-New Member

Then it is exactly as I thought; "just" artwork and not a comic book without the text. Thanks guys for confirming my suspicion