Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Hope that the ANAD Johnny Storm is the one SW Sue sentenced to becoming the sun.

As for Reed and Sue, I think that the SW Sue will cross over, but have no relationship with Reed.
    YES! YES! YES!
    Please-please-please marvel comics make it so!
    To me, it would be so awesome if the counterpart of 616 Johnny Storm lived on but despises his sister the counterpart of 616 Sue.
    Please let 616 Reed Richards live on post SW and let him and the counterpart of 616 Sue comfort eachother while they are mourning their loved ones ;
    616 Reed mourning 616 Sue, 616 Valeria, 616 Franklin, 616 Johnny and 616 Ben Grimm
    Counterpart of 616 Sue mourning her children : the counterparts of 616 Valeria and 616 Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I wish they'd give her a chance but with how Marvel seems to be going, It will be lucky if she is even alive in the new universe.
    I know what you mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Issue 4 of the recent Shield comic
    Attachment 24467
    Awesome, thanks! Still need to read this series...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    This is an important topic for all Fantastic Four fans. I wish I had some answers, but I do not. Anyone's guess is as good as mine.
    I've read Fantastic Four my whole life. They're my favorite superhero team, hands-down, and unless we keeping making noise about them Marvel will just stop publishing these - ahem - fantastic characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    This is an important topic for all Fantastic Four fans. I wish I had some answers, but I do not. Anyone's guess is as good as mine.
    I think the absence of Reed, Doom, Sue and the kids in ANAD Marvel is a clue that Reed and Doom are taking part in something integral with the end of Secret Wars. Looks like something big is in the works for Marvel's first family in regards the end of this story. I can see Doom and the Richards family (Reed, Sue, Val and Franklin) being though of as dead for a while only to be resurrected in an ANADFF #1 where Ben and Johnny return to the major leagues.

Bad feeling. All the FF are being killed off to make way for a version the company will own the rights to and can use to make movies.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

In the SHIELD series, each issue has pretty much featured a different hero. Kamala, Spider-Man, Sue, Scarlet Witch, Dr. Strange, etc. I don't think that means anything necessarily. She was working with SHIELD undercover when the conflict between Steve's Avengers and the Illuminati reached its climax, so that leads more credence to the SHIELD connection than her appearance in the SHIELD book, although considering she eventually blew her cover and they found out her allegiance was still with Reed, that's kind of doubtful, too (though not impossible). Also, considering the new book is called Agents of SHIELD, I think there's a good possibility it will be featuring a lot of MCU characters like Quake, Mockingbird, and Winter Soldier. But I can't honestly offer a more likely possibility than SHIELD right off hand. I think it's likely they will pop up in something we haven't even considered yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tahhat View Post
    Bad feeling. All the FF are being killed off to make way for a version the company will own the rights to and can use to make movies.
    I think you're on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10nate View Post
    My thoughts are that both Reed and Doom will die at the end of Secret Wars in an effort to restore the universe. As for Sue, I don't know what they would do with her. Logically, they would have her run the Future Foundation.
    I would love a book with this premise. Sue front and center mentoring/nuturing Franklin, Val and the FF kids, possibly searching for Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    they used susan in SHIELD, perhaps they'll be sending her there if they don't kill her off.
    Also not a bad idea, as long as she isn't lost in the mix of the ensemble.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    I just wish the separation had been executed for the good of the characters and the franchise rather than for the sake of incredibly petty ownership reasons. Also, I feel like that Fantastic Four "family troubles" has been too common a theme in recent years: first the departure of Reed and Sue post-Civil-War, then in the wake of Johnny Storm's death during Hickman's tenure. Both of those F4 break-ups were handled well, though. This break-up was particularly forced IMO.

BUT, I digress.

I have been DYING for a Sue-solo-book! I feel like she's one of Marvel's best characters and that under the right pen she could really thrive and come into her own.
    Who would you like to see writing Sue?
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I think the absence of Reed, Doom, Sue and the kids in ANAD Marvel is a clue that Reed and Doom are taking part in something integral with the end of Secret Wars. Looks like something big is in the works for Marvel's first family in regards the end of this story. I can see Doom and the Richards family (Reed, Sue, Val and Franklin) being though of as dead for a while only to be resurrected in an ANADFF #1 where Ben and Johnny return to the major leagues.
    Yes, I definitely agree that the lack of any information at this point is probably due to their central part in the Secret Wars title. Any announcement at this point would probably be too much of a spoiler. It's their integral involvement in the series that gives me hope that there will be an FF book of some sort after the event, despite concerns about the Marvel/Fox movie ownership fight.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Is Franklin in Secret Wars?

Hes an all powerful mutant (The Complex), whos not in the FF movie (because of obvious reasons), I am worry.

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    I would like Mark Waid to return to the character; I feel like he understood the F4 characters in a way that no other F4 writer had in a long time. He's got a great humor about his writing, he knows how to breathe life into his characters, and he's hands-down a great storyteller, especially in solo settings.

Alternatively, looking at the more recent crop of new writers, I think G. Willow Wilson might do Sue justice. I'm not as crazy about Ms. Marvel as everyone else seems to be, but I can't deny that Wilson has talent and I think she has a knack for giving characters a unique "spark," if that makes sense.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    I would love a book with this premise. Sue front and center mentoring/nuturing Franklin, Val and the FF kids, possibly searching for Reed.

Also not a bad idea, as long as she isn't lost in the mix of the ensemble.

Stan Lee is my choice to write Sue, if such were possible.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tahhat View Post
    You might be right. However, I do not believe that Marvel can have the film rights to a new FF, just if they are the same characters from an Alternate Universe. I think that an FF composed of entirely new characters is what would be needed to secure the film rights.

Exactly my thinking. Close but not close enough to get in trouble with copyright conflicts. Hopefully not something lame like a Robert Richards, Sara Storm, her kids Frank and Valerie. Like I said just a bad feeling.

They'll become Ms. Marvel's next door neighbours who help her learn to balance being a superhero and having a relatively normal life.

Gotta hitch them there Fox movie properties to stuff Marvel owns outright.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'