Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Maybe marvel should have let Fraction still write the the first 3-6 issues so as not to lose momentum (and Mad's already finished issues). I mean, how bad could it have been? They could have always put anther writer on it later and changed the course. I'm really not arguing for Fraction here, but for the book itself. I like the Inhumans and I don't want this to fail, there's real potential here and the editorial is effing it up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Maybe marvel should have let Fraction still write the the first 3-6 issues so as not to lose momentum (and Mad's already finished issues). I mean, how bad could it have been? They could have always put anther writer on it later and changed the course. I'm really not arguing for Fraction here, but for the book itself. I like the Inhumans and I don't want this to fail, there's real potential here and the editorial is effing it up.
    For all we know his concept could have been waaaaay different.
    I'd like to at least know a rough outline or something.

Hail to the Queen baby.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Astonishing Member

Haven't read issue 2 yet, but do we know if Crystal (and Luna) will appear down the line?

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Fraction should have been given carte blanche with his vision for the title.

He pretty much jumpstarted Marvel's relevance (and stemmed the tide of the slow slog through increasingly- mediocre megaevents) with his indie-stylized Hawkeye. He deserves no less.

God forbid he wasn't scripting from the perspective of future easy to film, reducible Hollywood blockbuster pap.
    Wasn't it the movies Iron Man and Whedon's Avengers, in which did that.

BANNED

Fraction should have been given carte blanche with his vision for the title.

He pretty much jumpstarted Marvel's relevance (and stemmed the tide of the slow slog through increasingly- mediocre megaevents) with his indie-stylized Hawkeye. He deserves no less.

God forbid he wasn't scripting from the perspective of future easy to film, reducible Hollywood blockbuster pap.
    No creator - not even Jack Kirby - has ever had carte blanche at Marvel (or DC, for that matter). To suggest that Fraction has somehow earned that privilege (based on Hawkeye, no less - an excellent book but not one to earn him free reign) is idiotic. Here's a wild idea - maybe his vision for Inhuman just wasn't that great. For what it's worth I do like what Soule is doing and it's probably best that he was able to start clean without having to carry on another creator's storyline.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 05-29-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I like the Inhumans and I don't want this to fail, there's real potential here and the editorial is effing it up.
    Soule isn't a big name writer yet, so I doubt he's particularly expensive. DC has him on Swamp Thing even though it's a comparatively low seller (despite being very, very good). So, if they pair him with a decent but inexpensive artist, I don't see why Marvel couldn't keep Inhuman around even with lowish sales.

They really just need a comic to draw plotlines from for some movies. Marvel's already shown that the success of a comic book film is not necessarily dependent on the previous sales of the comic. The general audience doesn't much care about that.

I hope they keep it going. I expect Soule to do great things with the setup he's been given here.
    You will need a miracle to defeat us, mutant! You are severely outnumbered!
    My brother's the one who cares about numbers.
    THUNK
    I'm the one who believes in miracles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Light View Post
    Soule isn't a big name writer yet, so I doubt he's particularly expensive. DC has him on Swamp Thing even though it's a comparatively low seller (despite being very, very good). So, if they pair him with a decent but inexpensive artist, I don't see why Marvel couldn't keep Inhuman around even with lowish sales.

They really just need a comic to draw plotlines from for some movies. Marvel's already shown that the success of a comic book film is not necessarily dependent on the previous sales of the comic. The general audience doesn't much care about that.

I hope they keep it going. I expect Soule to do great things with the setup he's been given here.
    I hope you're write. Soule seems to be the type of writer who likes to seed things for long-term storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I hope you're write. Soule seems to be the type of writer who likes to seed things for long-term storytelling.
    Well at this point you need to tell a double layer story. You need to introduce many characters (and reintroduce as well) and form a society with it's heroes and villains. You can have the bad guys come from within and outside the Island. I hope to see both.
    There is a blank canvas here to create a whole country. It will be interesting to see if Namor, Panther, and Doom try to make alliances with the Inhumans like Cap does in this issue.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    No creator - not even Jack Kirby - has ever had carte blanche at Marvel (or DC, for that matter). To suggest that Fraction has somehow earned that privilege (based on Hawkeye, no less - an excellent book but not one to earn him free reign) is idiotic. Here's a wild idea - maybe his vision for Inhuman just wasn't that great. For what it's worth I do like what Soule is doing and it's probably best that he was able to start clean without having to carry on another creator's storyline.
    What are you talking about? Bendis has had carte blanche at the House of Ideas for years.
    Last edited by Park Slope Pixie; 05-29-2014 at 03:51 PM.

BANNED

What are you talking about? Bendis has had carte blanche at the House of Ideas for years.
    We can play the hypothetical game all day, but what happened happened.

And just because Bendis has more clout means what exactly? That others should as well?
    It should also be noted that despite his clout his Moon Knight was cancelled and AoU pushed back by a year.
    Bendis just manages the bigger properties for one reason... he tends to pull in big numbers.
    Last edited by Alvarez; 05-29-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Loved this issue! Medusa was AMAZING, but I've always been a big fan. Sad to see the delays and lackluster sales, hopefully Stegman, a regular schedule and Marvel's continued push make this book a hit.

Living for an Inhumans movie.

Does anyone know if Mad will be able to rotate back in?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Does anyone know if Mad will be able to rotate back in?
    Who knows.
    Joe Mad rarely ever works for that long on a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Who knows.
    Joe Mad rarely ever works for that long on a title.
    Well I just have to hope for the best then
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider