Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Or David Liss?
    Great pic my friend. Liss is a damn good writer.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    Can...can they get Nic Pizzolatto? That would be incredible.
    THIS. Oh my god. THIS.

Also, I'd like Justin Jordan to write Moon Knight. Among my reasons he said this -

3871481-untitled.jpg

Call me convinced.

Ed Brubaker
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

BANNED

Definitely David Liss.

Spurrier or Brubaker.

I love Waid but I feel like he has enough on his plate right now.

Waid could be good, he has a knack for the street level badasses. Hopeless might be good as well. Not Kot, NEVER Kot

Did Brian wood get this book canceled yet?

David liss is my pick.

No but he's working towards it.

Two issues in to the new creative team, I still really like this book. The new art was a bit of a shock at first, but I think Smallwood really hit his stride in #8. And the one and done thing was very cool, but I'm actually appreciating the introduction of of a continuing story-line.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk_Guy View Post
    Two issues in to the new creative team, I still really like this book. The new art was a bit of a shock at first, but I think Smallwood really hit his stride in #8. And the one and done thing was very cool, but I'm actually appreciating the introduction of of a continuing story-line.
    What does the new art look like? I hated the art on the previous run. I thought the book was excellent in spite of it

I do like the continuing story-line. Other than that, don't you find Smallwood's fight scenes dull and a little stiff looking? I also don't like how Brian Wood's flatly ignoring Ellis's nice tidy up of Marc Spector's psyche/origin? What gives? He's back to switching though personalities rapidfire like he did in Bendis's stupid run.. All that cool stuff about Khonshu giving Marc Spector brain damage because of it's shifting aspects. All gone. In favour of Spector just having multiple personalities that he cycles through during his missions? Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    What does the new art look like? I hated the art on the previous run. I thought the book was excellent in spite of it
    Here's a good example: http://13thdimension.com/wp-content/...009_col_sm.jpg

I prefer Shalvey, especially when Moon Knight is in his suit, but I think Smallwood's stuff is really solid and he's doing cool things with the panel layout.

Here's a good example: http://13thdimension.com/wp-content/...009_col_sm.jpg

I prefer Shalvey, especially when Moon Knight is in his suit, but I think Smallwood's stuff is really solid and he's doing cool things with the panel layout.
    I can see your point. I don't care for either artist

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedBaron View Post
    I do like the continuing story-line. Other than that, don't you find Smallwood's fight scenes dull and a little stiff looking? I also don't like how Brian Wood's flatly ignoring Ellis's nice tidy up of Marc Spector's psyche/origin? What gives? He's back to switching though personalities rapidfire like he did in Bendis's stupid run.. All that cool stuff about Khonshu giving Marc Spector brain damage because of it's shifting aspects. All gone. In favour of Spector just having multiple personalities that he cycles through during his missions? Lame.
    Yes, the art, even though I've gotten used to it, is a step down. Especially when comparing it to the mind-bending stuff in #4 or the giant action sequence in #5.

Ellis' approach to the DID was so great, but my understanding was that even though the personalities were only due to Marc's brain trying to apply identities to the shifting aspects of Khonshu, he would still have those different identities just like he always has (he just knows the reason why he's like that now).

My biggest gripe so far with Wood's run, is why Moon Knight had his doctor speak to Detective Flint when he knew his doctor might be something else (after the end of issue #7). It seemed contrived to get Detective Flint to betray him. (Also, why in the world was he "Mr. Night" instead of "Mr. Knight" at the end of #7?)

So yeah, you're right, it's not as good... but I still enjoy the series and I'm interested to see where the arc is going.

Yes, the art, even though I've gotten used to it, is a step down. Especially when comparing it to the mind-bending stuff in #4 or the giant action sequence in #5.

Ellis' approach to the DID was so great, but my understanding was that even though the personalities were only due to Marc's brain trying to apply identities to the shifting aspects of Khonshu, he would still have those different identities just like he always has (he just knows the reason why he's like that now).

My biggest gripe so far with Wood's run, is why Moon Knight had his doctor speak to Detective Flint when he knew his doctor might be something else (after the end of issue #7). It seemed contrived to get Detective Flint to betray him. (Also, why in the world was he "Mr. Night" instead of "Mr. Knight" at the end of #7?)

So yeah, you're right, it's not as good... but I still enjoy the series and I'm interested to see where the arc is going.
    Yeah, I saw 'Mr Night' at least once in #8 too? No idea what it's about. I actually like your reasoning for the overt personality shifts in #8. Makes the whole thing more palatable. I also agree on changing the dynamic between MK and Flint in such a way, this early on is dumb. That being said, I like how the shrink is a bad guy now. She did seem a bit too manically gleeful about Spector's condition back in #1 to be on the up and up. I'm intrigued to see where Wood is going with this.