Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Didn't he do some work on the Green Lantern film?

Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

ehhhh I'd rather have Johns on a Superman script!

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Please be Court of Owls. They are perfect for an older, seasoned Batman.
    Nah, he's not going to adapt something his biggest internal rival wrote.

I've been saying it for years.ClayFace.

I'll settle for Edward Norton as Mr. Freeze.

Maybe hush.

I'm mixed on this. I do think directing is Affleck's strongest quality but I am just not a fan of his acting. I haven't really liked him in anything, and I highly doubt his portrayal of Bruce Wayne will be an exception.

With that said, I hope this Batman film steers away from all the other Batman film concepts, and does something new and fresh. I would love to see the whole Batman family incorporated in this film (Dick, Barbara, Jason, Tim, Kate, ext.) and not just center on Batman. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Leto returning as the Joker for this project!

Amazing Member

Great news! Affleck is an awesome director and Johns' writing (tv and comic wise) has gotten way better lately. Looking forward to this!
    "So we stole a painting. So we turned a policeman into a toilet. Worse things happen every day in El Salvador." - Mr. Nobody, Doom Patrol Vol 2 #29

Well if Affleck can show that he can play a good Batman in Dawn of Justice, I'm all for this. But I would really rather see WB develop other heroes besides Batman. He has more movies than almost any other comic book character whereas a character like Wonder Woman has none. I'm sure it would be a great cash grab and that's usually the only reason a studio needs to pursue a movie, but I'm among those who are tired of seeing WB try endlessly to make another Dark Knight.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

All-New Member

What scares me about this is that, IIRC, Geoff Johns thought that the Green Lantern movie was fantastic.

Spectacular Member BertoFlyingFox's Avatar

As many expected when news first broke of Affleck playing Batman in BvS, now he gets to star and direct just like he wanted.

This kinda has me stoked. Affleck is a good director and with Johns co-writing it could make for a much more dynamic Batman that's never really been put on screen. We could finally see him doing actual detective work or fighting different enemies like Killer Croc and Clayface. As long as David S. Goyer isnt announced as another co-writer, I'm eager to hear more about this than any other DC movie in production.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BertoFlyingFox View Post
    As many expected when news first broke of Affleck playing Batman in BvS, now he gets to star and direct just like he wanted.

This kinda has me stoked. Affleck is a good director and with Johns co-writing it could make for a much more dynamic Batman that's never really been put on screen. We could finally see him doing actual detective work or fighting different enemies like Killer Croc and Clayface. As long as David S. Goyer isnt announced as another co-writer, I'm eager to hear more about this than any other DC movie in production.
    Precisely what I want to see.

I want to see the really fantastic villains that we haven't seen. We've seen a really "realistic" batman for the last decade, now let's see one that's very true to the comic books.

I want Black Mask, Clayface, Killer Croc, Man-Bat, The Court of Owls, Ra's Al Ghul and the Lazarus pit

We did get Ra's and Talia in the Nolan films, although the supernatural element was of course absent.

Killer Croc is in the new Suicide Squad movie, although not quite as giant and monstrous as some of his comic book incarnations (Which sometimes seem to take more inspiration from Spider-Man's Lizard).

Fantastic Member Iluvitloud1976's Avatar

Cool news & I guess the long running rumors were all true. Very eager to see Batfleck in action. Bale was fine but after 3 movies it's great to see someone else tackle the character. Really hope Affleck doesn't use the "Bale Growl". It was fine in Batman Begins but after that it got incredibly silly. I've got full confidence with Snyder & Affleck. Affleck was great as Matt Murdock/DD though obviously the same can't be said for that mark steven johnson trainwreck celluloid disaster.
    ".......he's wrong, we're not wearing costumes" -Leonardo, 1984

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Didn't he do some work on the Green Lantern film?
    There's a movie to leave off your resume.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Well if Affleck can show that he can play a good Batman in Dawn of Justice, I'm all for this. But I would really rather see WB develop other heroes besides Batman. He has more movies than almost any other comic book character whereas a character like Wonder Woman has none. I'm sure it would be a great cash grab and that's usually the only reason a studio needs to pursue a movie, but I'm among those who are tired of seeing WB try endlessly to make another Dark Knight.
    But... they are doing other characters...

FINALLY a comics guy gets the chance to write a superhero movie! Hopefully this opens up doors to other comic book people getting a shot at it in the future. Johns is probably more suited to grander, more epic stuff than what a Batman story usually entails (he'd be perfect for that Justice League film, for example), but that might be Afflecks contribution.