Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC: Inhumans & Mutants Collide In All-New, All-Different Marvel

Axel Alonso, Charles Soule, Cullen Bunn, Jeff Lemire and Humberto Ramos reveal what's in store for Marvel's uncanny characters post-"Secret Wars."

Full article here.

BANNED

how sad they had to lump the inhumans in with the x-men for this panel feel bad for soule, just look at the june numbers teh inhumans secret war books was one of the lowest selling of the secret war tie ins....wouldnt suprise me if marvel paid people in hte crowd to ask inhuman questions to try and create buzz

Let the X-men doomsaying paranoia restart.

BANNED

Two questions about Inhumans so far and both of them were asking about characters that don't appear in the Inhumans books. Plus a third question about Johnny Storm. Hilarious.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Magik is a very erratic character, it's very difficult to "get her wrong" and she's always popular with readers. So consequently, writers would die for her.

Spectacular Member

Finally, Marvel answers the age-old question: really, what the hell is the difference between Inhumans and mutants? It's pretty obvious Marvel isn't ending X-Men. There's too much money in it for them and they announced, what, five? six? new titles for ANADM? They also have a pretty substantial chunk of Secret Wars titles including the only Infinite Comic tie-in.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

So to make uncanny x-men not just another x-rated they didn't use nate and racheal? I guess I can see that. It would have been cool for another team book with a third cast like racheal gambit rogue angel, etc
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by bishop88 View Post
    how sad they had to lump the inhumans in with the x-men for this panel feel bad for soule, just look at the june numbers teh inhumans secret war books was one of the lowest selling of the secret war tie ins....wouldnt suprise me if marvel paid people in hte crowd to ask inhuman questions to try and create buzz
    The inhumans never were that interesting to begin with.

Spectacular Member DuskHarlekin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bishop88 View Post
    Quantity Rank Dollar Rank
    59 ------------ 49 ---------- INHUMANS ATTILAN RISING #2

It was beat by 35 issue 1s and 2s.

It out sold Red Hood/Arsenal #1, Inferno #2 (an X-Book), Constantine the Hellblazer #1, 1602 Witch Hunter Angela #1, Armor Wars #2, Martian Manhunter #1, Dr. Fate #1, Bizarro #1, Bat-Mite #1, Korvac Saga #1, Ghost Racers #1, Doomed #1, Midnighter #1, Justice League 3001 #1, All Star Section 8 #1, Omega Men #1, Wonder Woman Annual #1, Secret Wars Journal #2, Ant-Man Larger Than Life #1 and Prez #1.

I don't think that looks all that bad for the Inhumans.
    Last edited by DuskHarlekin; 07-09-2015 at 05:29 PM.

BANNED

Not one mention of what happened to the X-School, or X-kids. It's literally like a step backwards.

Honestly, Marvel should just have a new mandate that X-kids shouldn't be created by authors anymore, seeing as nothing will be done with them anyways.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Not one mention of what happened to the X-School, or X-kids. It's literally like a step backwards.

Honestly, Marvel should just have a new mandate that X-kids shouldn't be created by authors anymore, seeing as nothing will be done with them anyways.
    You want them to reveal the ending of Secret Wars before it comes out in stores?

Quote Originally Posted by DuskHarlekin View Post
    Quantity Rank Dollar Rank
    59 ------------ 49 ---------- INHUMANS ATTILAN RISING #2

It was beat by 35 issue 1s and 2s.

It out sold Red Hood/Arsenal #1, Inferno #2 (an X-Book), Constantine the Hellblazer #1, 1602 Witch Hunter Angela #1, Armor Wars #2, Martian Manhunter #1, Dr. Fate #1, Bizarro #1, Bat-Mite #1, Korvac Saga #1, Ghost Racers #1, Doomed #1, Midnighter #1, Justice League 3001 #1, All Star Section 8 #1, Omega Men #1, Wonder Woman Annual #1, Secret Wars Journal #2, Ant-Man Larger Than Life #1 and Prez #1.

I don't think that looks all that bad for the Inhumans.
    I'll never understand the negative attitudes toward the Inhumans. It's pretty clear that they aren't replacing the X-men. The only have one book, two if you count Karnak. Inhumans is a consistently well written book and Attilan Rising has been a fun read as well. Is it really impossible for people to imagine a world were we can like the Inhumans and the X-men.

>Nice to hear more of the creators talk about their love for and approach to the X-Men. I'm looking forward to October's X-relaunch.
    >We almost had a Rachel and X-Man book? Would have been perfect with Cable, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Past View Post
    Is it really impossible for people to imagine a world were we can like the Inhumans and the X-men.
    Marvel have cannibalized the FF and the X-Men to continue their corporate-mandated Inhumans push, from using the previously X-related 'Uncanny' moniker to dragging Cyclops and Beast and Johnny Storm into the Inhumans fold. Now the fate of mutants and Inhumans has been intertwined. If the Inhumans are so great, why do they need to be tied to the X-franchise going forward? I think Black Bolt et al are awesome but making the X-franchise almost entirely about responding to the terrigen mists and mutant/Inhuman relations? No. Just no. Let the Inhumans sink or swim on the strength of the characters and the writer and artist, not the strength of whatever other Fox movie franchises Marvel can throw into the mix.
    Last edited by nx01a; 07-09-2015 at 05:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Past View Post
    I'll never understand the negative attitudes toward the Inhumans. It's pretty clear that they aren't replacing the X-men. The only have one book, two if you count Karnak. Inhumans is a consistently well written book and Attilan Rising has been a fun read as well. Is it really impossible for people to imagine a world were we can like the Inhumans and the X-men.
    Because it's hard to accept that zeitgist has been moving away from the X-Men for quite some time. Yeah, it's not just the movie rights. Be honest and take a look at sales of the X-Books over the last couple of years, outside of UXM and ANXM, they weren't exactly high sellers. Even alleged cash cow Wolverine wasn't a big seller in the lead up to his death.

Also glad to see Marvel continues to abuse the word "new" by starring literally the oldest characters in the franchise in ANXM.

As for Inhumans: Hey, it's been doing something new and interesting with the characters. *tips hat*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    You want them to reveal the ending of Secret Wars before it comes out in stores?
    You honestly think that Marvel cares enough about the non-ANXM mutant kids to even give them a third of a panel of any significance in this event?

Lol.