Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I'm surprised no one noticed how Psylocke was lumped together as a "villain" for example, with Sabertooth being officially the good guy in UXM. And apparently, no writer is interested into Rogue and Gambit anymore, which is a bit chuckling.
    Good to know that Crystal will be back in some form btw.
    Well, that's obvious, Sabertooth is the only one that has been an Avengers in that group, so of course he is the good guy; after all, we all learned in AvX that the X-men are a evil cult of psychos that worship a malevolent and extremely destructive cosmic forcé.

Quote Originally Posted by CCSlim View Post
    I hope they keep the X-men and Inhumans linked for as long as possible just so I can continue to watch X-Fans throw tantrums for no reason at all.

More entertaining than Uncanny X-men atleast
    Im totally calling that is going to be revealed that Medusa is actually Jean Grey posing as Medusa; or that we are going to meet the child from the future of Cyclops and Crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    You can't steal what you already own.
    Marvel is not stealing Marvel.

And yes Marvel wants to make people buying the first issue of Extraodinary X Men also following Inhuman books. It is the point of a shared universe. Interaction between franchises to make you buy both. The X Men are not stealing the terrigene mist,do not worry, the Inhumans still have it.

Inhumans and X Men are both super powered because of DNA.
    Hulk, the FF, and spiderman because of radioactivity.
    There is no stealing. The current inhuman books have a very different approach than the X Men of their stories.
    Well, i wouldnt hate crossover so much if Marvel stopped using the X-men as the villains.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    It's still DNA, it just lies latent until the T-Gen (so kind of both). In Inhuman this year Inferno's sister (herself not an Inhuman) was exposed to the mists at least 6 months pregnant and gave birth to a baby already transformed.

The point still stands, the X-Men do not own the concepts of genetic powers or of struggling to coexist with humans.
    Really, since when they struggle to coexist with the normal humans ?.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, that's obvious, Sabertooth is the only one that has been an Avengers in that group, so of course he is the good guy; after all, we all learned in AvX that the X-men are a evil cult of psychos that worship a malevolent and extremely destructive cosmic forcé.

Im totally calling that is going to be revealed that Medusa is actually Jean Grey posing as Medusa; or that we are going to meet the child from the future of Cyclops and Crystal.

Well, i wouldnt hate crossover so much if Marvel stopped using the X-men as the villains.

1. We really need to pair off Johnny Storm and Cyclops to get them both out of each sides hair.

2. Since their city landed in the river next to New York, but especially since an evil purple man unleashed rage monkey pox on Jersey City after mentally broadcasting his Inhuman heritage. But the fact that you have to ask should tell you how downplayed that supposedly "stolen" element is.

1. We really need to pair off Johnny Storm and Cyclops to get them both out of each sides hair.

2. Since their city landed in the river next to New York, but especially since an evil purple man unleashed rage monkey pox on Jersey City after mentally broadcasting his Inhuman heritage. But the fact that you have to ask should tell you how downplayed that supposedly "stolen" element is.
    Well, i admit that my memory is not very good, but i dont remember being the one that was complaining about stolen elements.

All-New Member

Default First Inhuman in Marvel Heroes 2015

I just thought I would let Inhuman fans know there is an open competition to get the first Inhuman into Marvel Heroes. Marvel Heroes is a Diablo-style Action RPG MMO where you can play your favourite Marvel Heroes in a number of backgrounds.

Right now there is a vote on to add a new hero and Ms. Marvel Kamala Khan is one of the options but is not doing very well: http://ow.ly/PvzrV

If you like MMO's or Action RPG's or you just want to see Kamala in her first AAA title please register and vote and pass on to whomever you know.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    The handbooks have the early Inhumans isolating themselves from normal humans because of their backwardness and distrust of the latter towards the former, before the Great Cataclysm and the invention of Terrigenesis.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The handbooks have the early Inhumans isolating themselves from normal humans because of their backwardness and distrust of the latter towards the former, before the Great Cataclysm and the invention of Terrigenesis.
    There were those other Inhumans called the Hidden Ones that were exploited by the Nazis also.

It's still DNA, it just lies latent until the T-Gen (so kind of both). In Inhuman this year Inferno's sister (herself not an Inhuman) was exposed to the mists at least 6 months pregnant and gave birth to a baby already transformed.

The point still stands, the X-Men do not own the concepts of genetic powers or of struggling to coexist with humans.
    If Inhumanity is a latent genetic trait, how can Inferno and his sister not both be Inhuman? Is she a half-sibling or adopted?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    If Inhumanity is a latent genetic trait, how can Inferno and his sister not both be Inhuman? Is she a half-sibling or adopted?
    Her being 6 months pregnant when the cloud hit their home rendered her own Inhuman gene inert for its duration and transferred the T-Gen to the baby instead, as I understand it.

Spectacular Member DuskHarlekin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    If the brand has not been good for a long time that says alot about other brands because the X-line is still a consistent top seller. Perhaps that is why Marvel chooses to have the X-men cross over with so many of the characters that they are trying to push more. Recently the X-men have had crossovers, events, and guest appearances with The Avengers, GOTG, Ms.Marvel, Nova and the Inhumans, just to name a few. That hardly sounds like a brand that hasn't been good for a long time. Perhaps the many events and crossovers are why some X-fans are not happy.
    Well if we look at sales as the measure of whats good the best selling book this year is Star Wars, last year was Spider-Man, the year before that was the Walking Dead same as the one before that, 2011 Justice League, 2010 Avengers, 2009 Spider-Man, 2008 Secret Invasion, 2007 Captain America, 2006 Civil War, 2005 Batman and Robin, 2004 Superman, 2003 Batman, 2002 The Ultimates, 2001 DK2, 2000 oh look a X-Men book. So 15 years ago X-Men where the bomb, you are not happy currently with the direction, and it's crossovers fault. I might have been wrong in my previous post with these new details.
    Last edited by DuskHarlekin; 07-12-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    As someone who started out collecting X-Books as a teenager said books are where my loyalties lie. But I have to admit that reading more and more Avengers stories via Marvel Unlimited over the past few days has broadened my perspective considerably. I was never a big fan of the whole "AvX" concept whether it was in the comics or in the fandom and now that I see up close what writers like Hickman have done with characters like Roberto and Sam I am even more open to these kinds of crossovers in the future.

In the same way that Claremont was able to add new dimensions to Carol Danvers (and likewise Rogue) via "crossing" over these franchises, I think it all comes down to the storytelling. That said, I won't judge the new direction until I see it in action. And to be fair, Marvel has done a good job of steering the franchise in the direction that many fans wanted post-AvX -- Storm is back in a position of leadership, Wolverine's presence has been reduced, and many of the major X-Characters received solo shots over the past year or so.

Realistically, most X-Fans know what is happening -- Marvel is promoting their money-makers (The Avengers) to increase their bottom line, which is understandable in any business, including comics. But that doesn't mean that the X-Books won't be equally good -- if not even better in the future -- depending on the talent and the direction in which they decide to move in the future.

Personally, I'm looking forward to a new direction for the X-Books and I'd be hard pressed to criticize the progress that has been made since AvX, which is why I'm probably a lot more positive on these new changes than others.
    I've been crawling through this thread looking for something that struck me as reasonable for pages and jeez, finally...

I only edged into reading Marvel ongoing titles because Nightcrawler was Not Dead, and then ended up really enjoying Storm's solo, Magneto's solo, and Ms. Marvel. Now that it's cancelled, I'm reading Amazing X-Men like a lukewarm cup of coffee that tastes gross now but you've got to finish it because, ugh, you paid for it

but tbh the history that the X-books are toting now will always keep me from feeling really invested (Remender's UXF was a surprising exception-- old hat for you guys, exciting new material for me). So when I read this interview I don't give a shit about all of this blah blah about the Inhumans, I just see that JEFF LEMIRE is writing Nightcrawler ("WOULDN'T GIVE HIM UP", HE SAYS) and Old Man Logan and Storm. My brain pretty much stops there because 1) Lemire's Animal Man was fuckn awesome. AWESOME. 2) I'm reading Trillium and loving it just as much. This guy can write. And this guy will be writing three of my favorite characters.

That's ... really enough to get me pumped for this title.
    “You know how it is: as soon as you decide to forget something, your brain comes to the conclusion that it's the most fascinating thing in the world.” -- Jane Yolen, probably not talking about superhero comics

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    It was Bunn who mentioned a team idea with Nate and Rachel. Presumably they were skipped because he didn't feel they'd fit in with his darker, Magneto-focused team.
    Ah, thanks. Yes, the dynamic would have been weird. I still wish we had Rachel (or Frost or any other telepath, really) instead of Teen Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    Why does there only have to be one group of persecuted genetically altered heroes? sounds narrow minded. I see the similarities but it just doesn't rankle my feathers as it does some others. Marvel is diversifying their offerings in an attempt to prevent putting all their eggs in one x-basket. It's sound business decision and as a long time Inhuman and X-men fan I fully support it. Honestly, the x-men have fallen off in terms of popularity and storytelling. they are old dry boring and both core books are directionless and full of meandering stories that amount to nothing. the x-chise will never be killed off, in the growth-share matrix, the x-chise is a dog. Marvel is looking for a new cash cow and one it is hoping for is the Inhumans.
    So the X-men have fallen off in terms of popularity and storytelling... but instead of giving them a new, not "boring" direction, Marvel puts them through another Decimation story, ties them to a less popular franchise and gives said franchise an angle that looks awfully like the old X-men premise?

How is that "diversifying their offer" and not "putting all their eggs in the same basket"? I never completely bought into the Complex thing but this just doesn't make sense as a business decision unless you take the movie rights into account.

And, yes, the X-Men could have done without the line-wide Decimation theme that lasted for a whole decade... or the payoff to the Phoenix storyline being ruined in an crossover written by the Avengers office... or gimmicks like Schism or an all-female ongoing (both of which could have been good if done in a more organic way)... or Bendis being given two books that would lead nowhere (predictably so, for one of them).

Those were bad editorial choices and had nothing to do with the franchise being dry (if new stories can be written about a solo character like Spider-Man after all these years...)

Quote Originally Posted by DuskHarlekin View Post
    Well if we look at sales as the measure of whats good the best selling book this year is Star Wars, last year was Spider-Man, the year before that was the Walking Dead same as the one before that, 2011 Justice League, 2010 Avengers, 2009 Spider-Man, 2008 Secret Invasion, 2007 Captain America, 2006 Civil War, 2005 Batman and Robin, 2004 Superman, 2003 Batman, 2002 The Ultimates, 2001 DK2, 2000 oh look a X-Men book. So 15 years ago X-Men where the bomb, you are not happy currently with the direction, and it's crossovers fault. I might have been wrong in my previous post with these new details.
    Those are the best-selling individual issues for each year (and include non-Marvel titles that are irrelevant to this discussion). I wouldn't say the x-books have been good in the last years but they still reached the top of monthly Marvel sales (or even Comic sales) many times. That's being "a consistent top seller".
    While they are probably not the top-seller anymore, they’re still in the same category as the Avengers and definitely above Inhumans and the likes.
    Last edited by Lutecius; 07-13-2015 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    NuHumans are also not bred pure like Inhumans, and then even Inhumans traditionally went through extensive genetic testing to see if it was safe to enter the terrigen chambers. Inferno's mom died while in the cocoon phase because while the genetic markers were there to begin the terrigenesis, they weren't complete enough to carry through the transformation.

As for Inferno and his sister and niece, it could be explained as the Inhuman genetic markers are recessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    Inferno's mom died while in the cocoon phase because while the genetic markers were there to begin the terrigenesis, they weren't complete enough to carry through the transformation.
    So what you are saying is releasing the mists over the earth could have potentially killed loads of people?

Niffleheim

It did kill loads of ppl who weren't strong enough to go thru terrigenesis and it also left a lot of them helpless while they were metamorphosing. While they are in their cacoon state is when the exlpoitation by human and alien organisation takes place.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    It did kill loads of ppl who weren't strong enough to go thru terrigenesis and it also left a lot of them helpless while they were metamorphosing. While they are in their cacoon state is when the exlpoitation by human and alien organisation takes place.
    Exactly. This is what Uncanny Inhumans #0 is addressing at the beginning with Black Bolt.