Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    Exactly. This is what Uncanny Inhumans #0 is addressing at the beginning with Black Bolt.
    since he's the one who detonated a bioweapon onto an innocent population, the authorities of the world should be hunting him down and prosecuting him.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    since he's the one who detonated a bioweapon onto an innocent population, the authorities of the world should be hunting him down and prosecuting him.
    I think as far as outsiders know, it was collateral damage from defeating Thanos in Infinity, although I could be wrong.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkaraBrae View Post
    I've been crawling through this thread looking for something that struck me as reasonable for pages and jeez, finally...

I only edged into reading Marvel ongoing titles because Nightcrawler was Not Dead, and then ended up really enjoying Storm's solo, Magneto's solo, and Ms. Marvel. Now that it's cancelled, I'm reading Amazing X-Men like a lukewarm cup of coffee that tastes gross now but you've got to finish it because, ugh, you paid for it

but tbh the history that the X-books are toting now will always keep me from feeling really invested (Remender's UXF was a surprising exception-- old hat for you guys, exciting new material for me). So when I read this interview I don't give a **** about all of this blah blah about the Inhumans, I just see that JEFF LEMIRE is writing Nightcrawler ("WOULDN'T GIVE HIM UP", HE SAYS) and Old Man Logan and Storm. My brain pretty much stops there because 1) Lemire's Animal Man was fuckn awesome. AWESOME. 2) I'm reading Trillium and loving it just as much. This guy can write. And this guy will be writing three of my favorite characters.

That's ... really enough to get me pumped for this title.
    Didn't know Lemire did Animal Man -- I'll definitely check out his take on the X-Men then.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-13-2015 at 10:52 AM.

I think as far as outsiders know, it was collateral damage from defeating Thanos in Infinity, although I could be wrong.
    very heroic of him to remain silent while people suffer and die. he should come forward and surrender if only for the sake of his poor wife.

Niffleheim

very heroic of him to remain silent while people suffer and die. he should come forward and surrender if only for the sake of his poor wife.
    His poor wife lol! He bartered his son (to save his life) to Kang the Conqueror without even telling his wife. Black Bolt does every thing in silence and damn the consequence.

Exactly. This is what Uncanny Inhumans #0 is addressing at the beginning with Black Bolt.
    I should have been more specific that the human elements that have exploited the Inhumans have been the scientific and criminal organisations and the mercenaries they have hired. Up to now, maybe i missed it, I have yet to see any ordinary ppl discriminating or exploiting the Inhumans.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

It's the reason why he is in self-imposed exile and abdicated the Attilian throne to Medusa. It's also a larger societal story about how much is one independent country responsible for their actions that affect another, such as the lack of environmental guidelines in China contributing to smog and pollution in the Western US.

The bigger plot hole is why he and Maximus decided to create the Terrigen Bomb. In Infinity it was this huge super-secret plan that Black Bolt was complacent in working with Maximus, but at the start of Inhumans it was just accepted that it happened without trying to understand why it happened. At first I thought it was about creating a force to combat the incursions, but now it just kind of happened without explanation about reasoning.

It's the reason why he is in self-imposed exile and abdicated the Attilian throne to Medusa. It's also a larger societal story about how much is one independent country responsible for their actions that affect another, such as the lack of environmental guidelines in China contributing to smog and pollution in the Western US.
    fleeing justice while his wife has to sit in the hudson river in a ruined city is not the mark of a great man. if magneto's forces are going after the inhumans as an act of retribution, then he has a responsibility to come forward.

Niffleheim

fleeing justice while his wife has to sit in the hudson river in a ruined city is not the mark of a great man. if magneto's forces are going after the inhumans as an act of retribution, then he has a responsibility to come forward.
    Magneto and Black Bolt think their kinds come first above all else. I don't think there will be a middle ground when it comes to these two. So dont expect anyone to take any responsibility.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Well, his name is not Scott Summers, or he isnt even a X-men, or at least a mutant; so i dont think that anyone is going to care enough to show up at his door.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, his name is not Scott Summers, or he isnt even a X-men, or at least a mutant; so i dont think that anyone is going to care enough to show up at his door.
    You mean we won't see him gagged and shackled in some hi-tech visiting room while a continuous flow of Inhumans come to lecture him and yell "Damn you Boltagon!"?
    Such a good story... Why can't the Inhuman writers copy that one?
    Last edited by Lutecius; 07-13-2015 at 01:01 PM.

fleeing prison into the arms of his girlfriend and Magneto is not the mark of a great man. but then, Scott Summers hasn't been a great man for quite awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    fleeing prison into the arms of his girlfriend and Magneto is not the mark of a great man. but then, Scott Summers hasn't been a great man for quite awhile now.
    So apparently Cyclops is an #%&&%#&/% for summoning and "almost destroying" the planet with the malevolent cosmic destroyer known as the Phoenix, but is totally okay that Black Bolt uses the terrigen bomb that could kill a lot of people (and a lot of mutants too).

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    You mean we won't see him gagged and shackled in some hi-tech visiting room while a continuous flow of Inhumans come to lecture him and yell "Damn you Boltagon!"?
    Such a good story... Why can't the Inhuman writers copy that one?
    Nope, you only get punished if your name is Scott Summers, or at least if you are a mutant.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 07-13-2015 at 01:15 PM.

the point is Complex-ers are calling for the head of Black Bolt when Cyclops recently did far worse.

i don't know what cyclops has to do with black bolt unleashing a biological weapon on planet earth, but sure thing.

the point is Complex-ers are calling for the head of Black Bolt when Cyclops recently did far worse.
    Well, given that terrigen mist is toxic to mutant, but who cares about what happens to the mutants ?; not even Marvel cares.

And how the terrigen bomb is better than the Phoenix ?.