Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Now, this is silly. But really, answer me honestly: do you really think all the changes done in the books have nothing to do with movies and corporate mandates? Really? And do you HONESTLY think we would be seeing mutants being dragged into Inhumans storylines if Marvel had the movie rights for the X-men (or didn't have for the Inhumans)?
    Everybody says "dragged in" like it's the secret phrase that pays this thread. :P

Honestly? I don't know. The powers that be like the Inhumans anyway. I would certainly hope that we got an Inhumans push on this parallel earth where Marvel has the rights to make X-Men movies. I probably wouldn't be a comic book reader on that earth though, as all of my favorite movies like Captain America 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy wouldn't exist, and Kamala Kahn wouldn't exist

X-Men fans wouldn't notice too much of a difference though. There would still be a half dozen stagnant X-titles that no one liked but everyone read out of spite or obligation.

Except of course that Marvel retconned the first 3 stories due to movie rights and now they have nothing to do with mutants.
    I'd take the whole movie rights thing a lot more seriously if they actually retconned the twins to match their MCU counterparts.
    Last edited by ImprobableQuestion; 07-10-2015 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. I hate that I can't completely ignore the Inhumans now, since they'll be tied into the X-books. But I can choose not to buy their titles. And Marvel is keeping Old Man Logan around too, so I'm a happy camper.
    Agreed, I think Old Man Logan in 616 will be really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Agreed, I think Old Man Logan in 616 will be really cool!
    Well, not 616, but you get my drift

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    No but there is a new Magneto statue coming out by Kotobukiya. This was just reported about a week ago.
    So production hasn't completely stopped on products featuring the X-Men.

Attachment 24508
    you may not have been following this particular news beat at the time.

but if you had, you would know that when they announced that x-men licenses were pulled, the production company also noted that there were a few pieces and items that were simply too far along in production to cancel or pull back.

this is documented in the complex timeline, which you can find on the OP of the complex thread on the x-men boards.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    you may not have been following this particular news beat at the time.

but if you had, you would know that when they announced that x-men licenses were pulled, the production company also noted that there were a few pieces and items that were simply too far along in production to cancel or pull back.

this is documented in the complex timeline, which you can find on the OP of the complex thread on the x-men boards.
    I have no intention of ever reading that thread. Do you know for sure when this statue was in the design phase because if what you say is true Marvel could have halted it then. I think I've seen some new Mini Mates with X characters too. Old Man Logan is in the latest SW version.

i can't help you if you don't want to review the source material. these statues have been in the design phase for many months now. preview casts of them were up well-before the licensing pull was announced on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    What next ? X-Men vs Midnight Sons? X-Men vs Web Warriors ? X-Men vs Fantastic Four?
    Sorry, I'll decline.
    I'd rather see the X-Men fighting villains for once, rather than every other corners of the MU.
    They are supposed to stand for peaceful coexistence after all.
    If Soule and Lemire stray away from that, I'm all for it.
    I'd like to see all the marvel heroes fighting villains, but it's occurring to me, there's been precious little of that in recent years.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i can't help you if you don't want to review the source material. these statues have been in the design phase for many months now. preview casts of them were up well-before the licensing pull was announced on facebook.
    I don't take that thread as a source of anything since there is an obvious biased there and I'll do my on searching, thank you.
    How about the new T shirts then? There's not much planning involved in that since you can get a Blackhawks championship T shirt within hours of the completion of the Stanley Cup. I recently saw some new X men shirts up on the Superhero Stuff website and WeLoveFine.

tshirts are also detailed on the complex timeline. suit yourself, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of DC View Post
    Can I be a bit blunt for a moment: How would you know the direction they're going when you admit to only occasionally reading it?

I know this'll stir up a hornets nest, but most people who rag on it seem to also be people who haven't read it. Are there similarities between Mutants and Inhumans? Of course! Because when broken down to their base premise: they're the same book. Break down JL and Avengers, they're the same.

People keep ragging that Inhuman is moving them to be same as X-Men. As someone whose read 1-14, the annual and UI #0: Not Really...

Okay, yes, there are some aspects, but again, these two franchises always had similarities. But really, it's been more about balance of power between factions (Attilan, Orrolon, Enilux, and Kang coming up) with the new inhumans serving as audience eyes in this (of course, their arcs involve dealing with their new powers b/c of course).

This wasn't meant as an attack, Fifolet, you just popped this train of thought in my head.
    It's fine, i don't mind an healthy discussion.

Just because i don't buy a book doesn't mean i can't pick it up on my LCS and read most of it, or at least enough to notice the lack of elements that made that group of characters memorable to me in the first place. I'll admit i could be wrong. Reading that way it's hardly the same as reading in the comfort of one's home with more time.

I don't agree about Inhumans and X-men being the same book however. The social themes (realistic or not is besides the point) are, or were different. One (X-Men) is about social discrimination and persecution of minorities, the other (Inhumans) was about social conformity or rigid social stratification. I'll concede both have to deal with forms of discrimination, but different aspects of it. And of course not all the stories have to be about those issues, but ultimately those are the elements that made the respective books unique. Otherwise you're right, it's just a bunch of guys in spandex fighting other guys in spandex.

Have you read the older Inhuman stories and series? Do you see that theme running in the current inhuman titles? I don't want to be negative about the inhumans at all. Like i said in my post, i'm a fan of the characters. Just last week i read the Uncanny Inhumans #0 and it looked great and interesting. Seeing Black Bolt giving away his son to Kang was intriguing, and i almost took the issue home with me, but i still didn't see that element that made them unique. And of course knowing that the X-Men are now being set up to being pimped to the inhumans after the negative experience of the last couple of years with the avengers, you'll understand my resistance in supporting such a book or books.
    Last edited by Fifolet; 07-10-2015 at 08:54 AM.
    Pull list:
    "Your signature cannot be longer than 500 characters excluding BB code markup."

Not supporting a book is different than being against it.

The X Men books of the last few years are not really about discrimination neither.

The Inhuman serie has not been about social stratification but it was not about a X Men theme in particular. It was more about the destruction of their old society and rebuilding a new one. It makes sense for an inhuman story.
    This subject has been approach in X Books with stories about Genosha for instance, but it is not a X Men only subject if that exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifolet View Post
    Very wrong. Inhumans have had some wonderful stories in the past and have a really interesting concept around them, which unfortunately seems to have been abandoned in favor of mimicking others.
    I have a lot of their FF issues in collected format, the 88 GN, the 1998, 2000 and 2003 series, their secret invasion tie-ins, Son of M, War of Kings and Realm of Kings. I'm a fan. However, I have yet to buy a single issue of their new books despite browsing them occasionally. Hell, Soule and McNiven alone would be enough to make me want to try a book, but the direction Marvel is taking these characters? No thanks. It's a pity really. MU was a richer place before this change. I just hope the upcoming movie will focus on the spirit and core theme of the Inhumans of old instead of making them the 'mutants' of the MCU. I will be very disappointed if that turns out to be the case.

Yeah, reading that interview was kind sad. X-Men have been the push up bra of the MU for the last couple of years and it's getting tiresome. First the avengers and now the inhumans? I'm already bored at another couple of years of X-Men playing the villains role to make the other side look good.
    I'm a mutant lover but I used to like the inhumans, is like the last years that I began to get tired of them, specially Medusa, she used to be my favorite and now I don't like her at all...

I loved they were a closed society with their onw rules... but now they want they be the new mutants, and this is an insult for the mutants and inhumans!!!

In my case, I mostly only read comics with X-men (except All New X-Men, I don't like very much the O5 and the drama queen of Jean) and Spriderman...

A-force catch my attention... but the since a long time the Avengers are not interesting (except the movies), Hulk, one of my favorites, lost a lot of his shinning for me... only the mutants still raise flames in me (and Deadpool and Spiderman too)...

I loved the idea of the Jean Grey school... and the big difference with the Charles Xavier school (the original and the new one)... I loved this broken Cyclops (I used to hate him before, I love this version better), I loved this "pacifist" Wolverine and the idea that his school accepted anyone that was different... they had their own alien, experiment and vampire!!!

For me the X-Men is a big family (also X-force), they give a family feeling, not like the Avengers, and any other team... mutants are like the orphans of humankind, you see they don't create teams, they create families and that is something I don't want they lose...

I don't have problems that some mutants go to the inhumans, like Beast, I think it will be interesting... but I don't want the mutants be replaced and I don't want the inhumans essence be changed to be the new mutants!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    Pietro and Crystal marriage...
    Luna...
    Son of M...
    And maybe the Illuminati stuff.
    Not sure I'd call a handful of times, over several decades, "more than they've ever been". This is just an excuse to push the InHumans on a fanbase that doesn't want them...

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Marvel have cannibalized the FF and the X-Men to continue their corporate-mandated Inhumans push
    Translation: Marvel are making a novel effort to push a new brand that I believe is at the expense of the one I like.

from using the previously X-related 'Uncanny' moniker
    And X-men used Spider-Man's "Amazing" prefix. Is this the equivalent of "shots fired" now?

to dragging Cyclops and Beast and Johnny Storm into the Inhumans fold.
    Beast is one of the most bitched about characters on any X-Men related topic. I'm sure he's going to be dearly missed.
    Also does that mean Guardians is cannibalizing the FF also by putting The Thing onto their team? Because I think the FF could use the boost personally tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    They've been using the X-Men's popularity to boost other franchises for a while now, just look at AvX.
    AvX was giving X-men some charity. X-men hadn't been the more popular brand in years. hth
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

At this point a popular brand is one which got a movie in the previous 6 months.

The inhuman does have any movie but X Men is so 2014.