Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    AvX was giving X-men some charity. X-men hadn't been the more popular brand in years. hth
    Now you're just trolling. AvX was an x-event years in the making hijacked by the avengers. Get your facts straight.
    Pull list:
    "Your signature cannot be longer than 500 characters excluding BB code markup."

Quote Originally Posted by Fifolet View Post
    Now you're just trolling. AvX was an x-event years in the making hijacked by the avengers. Get your facts straight.
    It really is a culmination of both franchises though, on some level -- or is it just the connection to Wanda?
    I mean, my initial thought was "Yeah, I mean this goes way back to Messiah Complex!"
    But then I thought, "Well, Messiah Complex wouldn't have happened if House of M hadn't happened... and House of M wouldn't have happened without Disassembled?"

I'd still say that AvX is really more heavily X-focused, given the amount of storylines leading to it focused around Hope and around mutant extinction etc.

Yeah, I answered my own little self-argument I think.
    X event with special guest stars: The Avengers.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    QFT. I don't see why posters are denying this when this goes at least as far back as the 1970s and 1980s. I guess some have that recency syndrome of the younger generations, just because you weren't born when it happened doesn't mean it ain't true.
    I've read all those stories a long time ago, quite possibly before you did. I am not the one saying there's no link between mutants and Inhumans, MARVEL IS when they retconned Quicksilver and Wanda into Inhumans and not Magneto's children.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post

AvX was giving X-men some charity. X-men hadn't been the more popular brand in years. hth
    Wrong, the X-men books were selling more than Avengers at that point. Uncanny X-men featuring the Extinction Team was Marvel's best selling book. Look at the sales for the month before the event, February 2012:

Uncanny X-Men 6 $3.99 Marvel 59,834
    Uncanny X-Men 7 $3.99 Marvel 59,200
    Wolverine And X-Men 5 $3.99 Marvel 55,788
    Wolverine And X-Men 6 $3.99 Marvel 55,341

New Avengers 21 $3.99 Marvel 54,105
    Avengers 22 $3.99 Marvel 52,683
    Avengers 23 $3.99 Marvel 52,222
    New Avengers 22 $3.99 Marvel 51,235
    Uncanny X-Force 21 $3.99 Marvel 50,654

Source

Even Uncanny X-force was selling on a par with Avengers books.

And the Hope story was a X-men storyline years in the making hijacked by the Avengers office.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    \
    And the Hope story was a X-men storyline years in the making hijacked by the Avengers office.
    correct. avx was an event that was handled by the avengers office of editors. in fact, there's an avx podcast put up by cbr at the time where nick lowe (editor of the x-men books at the time) is heard complaining about the editors not listening to his advice during the event.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I've read all those stories a long time ago, quite possibly before you did.
    Well lets see....my FF collection goes back to FF #39 and I read that the year after it was printed Traded comics with a next door neighbor
    I am not the one saying there's no link between mutants and Inhumans, MARVEL IS when they retconned Quicksilver and Wanda into Inhumans and not Magneto's children.
    I guess I'm going to have to dig up that panel from an old Avengers comic written by Stan Lee where Wanda and Pietro are worrying about their powers being inconsistent and them possibly not being mutants. That they were at Wundagore mountain from birth makes it very easy to say there was HE tinkering going on. So even back then their status as mutants were suspect. Their original parents were Bob and Wanda Frank before it was retconned so anything about their past is suspect at this point.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-10-2015 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    "One of my rosters at one time had Rachel Grey and Nate Grey on it because I love both those characters."

Aww... So close.
    Yes, Rachel would have been so much better than Jeen
    I wonder who took Nate Grey's place. Old Man Logan, since both are from alternate universes? I'm not a big fan of either of them but I would have preferred Nate too. I wouldn't have swapped any of the other guys, though.

Quote Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
    I suspect its a tricky position. They want to use X-men to prop up Inhumans. Make X-men look bad in whatever fashion, fans revolt, Marvel are the bad guys. Make Inhumans look bad and no one cares about them, the property doesn't grow. Thus rather than just telling a story as you would expect, due to ulterior motives and unique circumstances they have to tapdance around it so everyone looks wonderful.
    No. What actually happens is fans bitch online but buy it anyway. It worked with AvX. It will work with Inhuman vs X-men. Also prepare for more mutants being exiled to Inhuman titles.

I've read all those stories a long time ago, quite possibly before you did. I am not the one saying there's no link between mutants and Inhumans, MARVEL IS when they retconned Quicksilver and Wanda into Inhumans and not Magneto's children.

Wrong, the X-men books were selling more than Avengers at that point. Uncanny X-men featuring the Extinction Team was Marvel's best selling book. Look at the sales for the month before the event, February 2012:

Uncanny X-Men 6 $3.99 Marvel 59,834
    Uncanny X-Men 7 $3.99 Marvel 59,200
    Wolverine And X-Men 5 $3.99 Marvel 55,788
    Wolverine And X-Men 6 $3.99 Marvel 55,341

New Avengers 21 $3.99 Marvel 54,105
    Avengers 22 $3.99 Marvel 52,683
    Avengers 23 $3.99 Marvel 52,222
    New Avengers 22 $3.99 Marvel 51,235
    Uncanny X-Force 21 $3.99 Marvel 50,654

Source

Even Uncanny X-force was selling on a par with Avengers books.

And you can also watch the sales for the entire year.

Avengers and X Men were equivalent during the year 2012.
    Some months X Men beats Avengers, some other months Avengers beats X Men, and even some were they were even.

We can do sales chart about the whole year but looking at the entire year and it is meh, at the end DC was the most popular.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Pietro and Wanda have not been retconned as Inhumans. They were normal humans experimented on by the High Evolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    Pietro and Wanda have not been retconned as Inhumans. They were normal humans experimented on by the High Evolutionary.
    And they keep a door open that can go everywhere. Even going back to mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    And they keep a door open that can go everywhere. Even going back to mutant.
    Not until Fox return the movie rights to Disney. Right now Wanda and Pietro can consider themselves "unmutated" or to keep in topic "Inmutants"
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    That's the story where Apokalips turned a bunch of Inhumans into his slaves... pretty forced and ridiculous if you ask me.

Can someone speak about the actual panel ?

I go first.
    It was really uneventful.

Quote Originally Posted by Humberto Ramos
    The one I love the most is Colossus, because we gave him a beard and a hipster hairdo. I love it
    Ugh. It reminds me that Remender loved Havok too. With friends like this...

The hairdo I can live with. But the beard...

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    And you can also watch the sales for the entire year.

Avengers and X Men were equivalent during the year 2012.
    Some months X Men beats Avengers, some other months Avengers beats X Men, and even some were they were even.

We can do sales chart about the whole year but looking at the entire year and it is meh, at the end DC was the most popular.
    Either way AvX wasn't "giving X-men charity" by any stretch of the imagination and it definitely was a long-running X-Men storyline being hijacked by the Avengers office.
    Last edited by Lutecius; 07-12-2015 at 06:18 AM.

I truly don't think this is going to work out for the Inhumans. So what Marvel will do when they cancel the title is take the characters and force them into the X-Books, so we can have this argument again next year.

In response to Avengers being on the same playing field as the X-Men..... they only became relevant with the help of Spider-Man and Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    On paper the ideas are very similar, it's in execution that the titles clearly deviate. None of the naysayers look past the paper phase though.
    Well, let see how different are they after Secret Wars.