Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fifolet View Post
    Now you're just trolling. AvX was an x-event years in the making hijacked by the avengers. Get your facts straight.
    Lol no

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Wrong, the X-men books were selling more than Avengers at that point. Uncanny X-men featuring the Extinction Team was Marvel's best selling book. Look at the sales for the month before the event, February 2012:

Uncanny X-Men 6 $3.99 Marvel 59,834
    Uncanny X-Men 7 $3.99 Marvel 59,200
    Wolverine And X-Men 5 $3.99 Marvel 55,788
    Wolverine And X-Men 6 $3.99 Marvel 55,341

New Avengers 21 $3.99 Marvel 54,105
    Avengers 22 $3.99 Marvel 52,683
    Avengers 23 $3.99 Marvel 52,222
    New Avengers 22 $3.99 Marvel 51,235
    Uncanny X-Force 21 $3.99 Marvel 50,654

Source
    Such disparity between those figures!

What you fail to mention however is that Avengers was consistently outselling X-Men books all of 2011 until a) Wolverine and the X-Men #1 and b) Uncanny was relaunched with a new #1. 2010 was more of the same, and in 2009 you never saw an X-book higher than an Avengers one. I mean, I thought it was public knowledge that basically since New Avengers launched, the Avengers brand generally came to relegate the X-books to second banana in terms of team franchises. Just sayin'!
    Last edited by Zeitgeist; 07-10-2015 at 02:55 PM.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

It's interesting that Cullen Bunn claims Sabertooth will be the good guy on the UNCANNY X-MEN team. Granted, his Magneto hasn't exactly been the soul of kindness and light, but I guess that's a big hint that the Sabertooth which spills out of 'Secret Wars' is going to be similar to the Inverted one we saw in UNCANNY AVENGERS. Though I really wish Psylocke could get away from this characterization as someone who's seemingly addicted to violence and murder. The "Bigger threats..." tag line makes me curious to learn what they'll be going up against.

I like Beast being on the UNCANNY INHUMANS team; he's one of my favourite X-Men, and the one who seems the most inclined to branch out and interact with the rest of the Marvel Universe. If Soule is building to a confrontation between mutants and inhumans -- as seems to be the case -- it will be interesting to see what choices Beast makes. Though I do agree with the sentiment that I'd prefer ostensibly heroic characters fight actual threats as opposed to squabbling amongst themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PiercedMonk View Post
    It's interesting that Cullen Bunn claims Sabertooth will be the good guy on the UNCANNY X-MEN team. Granted, his Magneto hasn't exactly been the soul of kindness and light, but I guess that's a big hint that the Sabertooth which spills out of 'Secret Wars' is going to be similar to the Inverted one we saw in UNCANNY AVENGERS. Though I really wish Psylocke could get away from this characterization as someone who's seemingly addicted to violence and murder. The "Bigger threats..." tag line makes me curious to learn what they'll be going up against.

I like Beast being on the UNCANNY INHUMANS team; he's one of my favourite X-Men, and the one who seems the most inclined to branch out and interact with the rest of the Marvel Universe. If Soule is building to a confrontation between mutants and inhumans -- as seems to be the case -- it will be interesting to see what choices Beast makes. Though I do agree with the sentiment that I'd prefer ostensibly heroic characters fight actual threats as opposed to squabbling amongst themselves.
    Maybe Apocalypse and his horsemen, or SHIELD.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Lol no

What you fail to mention however is that Avengers was consistently outselling X-Men books all of 2011 until a) Wolverine and the X-Men #1 and b) Uncanny was relaunched with a new #1. 2010 was more of the same, and in 2009 you never saw an X-book higher than an Avengers one. I mean, I thought it was public knowledge that basically since New Avengers launched, the Avengers brand generally came to relegate the X-books to second banana in terms of team franchises. Just sayin'!
    Well, that's the same range that people uses to justify that Uncanny Avengers is much popular than Uncanny X-men.........................

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Maybe Apocalypse and his horsemen, or SHIELD.
    Apocalypse was my first guess, too. Handled well, he's pretty much the scariest of the X-Men's regular stable of villains. I'm kinda hoping for a left turn, though. Something new, or someone we haven't seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by DuskHarlekin View Post
    I think it is a insecurity thing with the X-Brand. It really hasn't been good for a long time so people need to point fingers and have been for 14+ years. I have never seen the people on the X-Boards happy.
    Waaay too true.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fn Man View Post
    I truly don't think this is going to work out for the Inhumans. So what Marvel will do when they cancel the title is take the characters and force them into the X-Books, so we can have this argument again next year.

In response to Avengers being on the same playing field as the X-Men..... they only became relevant with the help of Spider-Man and Wolverine.
    Why would they cancel anything? Inhuman and Attilan Rising have been pretty far from the cancellation line which is surprising considering the first's problems.
    If you mean for the ''fight'' AvX proved that not matter how awful the story is people will buy it anyway especially if fans wars are involved.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Lol no

You said the X-men was a fading franchise, however it's a fact they were selling more than the Avengers when AvX happened. That's not up to discussion. And those were not #1s, so you can't say it's only because of the first issue.

Likewise, it's a fact that the Bendis' Avengers books were a success (of course in no small part because of Wolverine), however the sales were already clearly in decline after Dark Reign ended because Bendis clearly was just waiting until Age of Ultron to leave, but it kept being delayed.

After Bendis left, and even with the movies and Marvel continuing to promote the Avengers at the X-men, the X-men have been beating the Avengers books (when there aren't #1s or crossovers involved). The fact it's usually not that wide of margin is irrelevant to the point, which is that you're hopelessly wrong saying it's a fading franchise when it's outperforming Marvel's favorite one, even if it's by a small margin (which undoubtedly would be bigger if they were equally promoted).

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, that's the same range that people uses to justify that Uncanny Avengers is much popular than Uncanny X-men.........................
    Which isn't, BTW. After a good start due to heavy promotion, the book quickly became an afterthought, passed both by the X-men books and Hickman's Avengers ones.
    Last edited by Joe Acro; 07-12-2015 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Insult

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Well lets see....my FF collection goes back to FF #39 and I read that the year after it was printed Traded comics with a next door neighbor
    that was a cool idea
    Last edited by steve2275; 07-11-2015 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    Yes, Rachel would have been so much better than Jeen
    I wonder who took Nate Grey's place. Old Man Logan, since both are from alternate universes? I'm not a big fan of either of them but I would have preferred Nate too. I wouldn't have swapped any of the other guys, though.
    It was Bunn who mentioned a team idea with Nate and Rachel. Presumably they were skipped because he didn't feel they'd fit in with his darker, Magneto-focused team.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    That's the story where Apokalips turned a bunch of Inhumans into his slaves... pretty forced and ridiculous if you ask me.
    Nothing forced about the storyline. Apocalypse was simply in the market for a new fortress and decided to take Attilan. I'm not sure if he even bothered enslaving many Inhumans - he didn't really consider them worth his time.

I think Cable would've been a better fit with Magneto's UXM team than Nate Grey or Rachel personally. Wonder why he wasn't an option? Perhaps the rumors of a new Cable/Deadpool series will turn out to be true?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    You can keep sucking up to everything Breevort & co say, but it doesn't change the fact that you are wrong. You said the X-men was a fading franchise, however it's a fact they were selling more than the Avengers when AvX happened. That's not up to discussion. And those were not #1s, so you can't say it's only because of the first issue.
    Yeah, for a full 3-4 months, whereas before that the Avengers line was consistently ahead of the X-Men line for most of the prior couple of years. Also facts.

That's like pointing out the one game the Clippers had a win and ignoring the streak of 4 losses that came before it.
    Last edited by Zeitgeist; 07-11-2015 at 10:52 AM.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, for a full 3-4 months, whereas before that the Avengers line was consistently ahead of the X-Men line for most of the prior couple of years. Also facts.

That's like pointing out the one game the Clippers had a win and ignoring the streak of 4 losses that came before it.
    Again irrelevant to the point: you said the X-men franchise was fading, and you were wrong. And you're also ignoring the fact that the X-men franchise continue to perform as well if not better than the Avengers one afterwards. All this just because you can't admit you're wrong? Is that because you have to believe anything Disney middle-management tells you since they're figures of authority, or it's just a pride thing?

I'm surprised no one noticed how Psylocke was lumped together as a "villain" for example, with Sabertooth being officially the good guy in UXM. And apparently, no writer is interested into Rogue and Gambit anymore, which is a bit chuckling.
    Good to know that Crystal will be back in some form btw.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I'm surprised no one noticed how Psylocke was lumped together as a "villain" for example, with Sabertooth being officially the good guy in UXM. And apparently, no writer is interested into Rogue and Gambit anymore, which is a bit chuckling.
    Good to know that Crystal will be back in some form btw.
    I'm looking forward to seeing Crystal's return also. I think a lot of things are up in the air pending the outcome of Hickman's Secret Wars. We've already been teased a final confrontation with Reed and Doom for the cover of issue #8 and the placement of Ben and Johnny in other titles. Marvel and DC are shaking up things and it's not the first time. I think in the long run it may help get fresh horses on things. I'm surprised Hickman hasn't burned out working on his long game while at Marvel and some writers probably need to step back for a while and work on other things.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-11-2015 at 01:07 PM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Not one mention of what happened to the X-School, or X-kids. It's literally like a step backwards.

Honestly, Marvel should just have a new mandate that X-kids shouldn't be created by authors anymore, seeing as nothing will be done with them anyways.
    The sad thing is that the only interesting things in recent memory were with the X-Kids. Wolverine died with nothing interesting. Storm had a series wherein nothing interesting happened. There was another series that was leading to Wolverine being resurrected, but nothing interesting happened there, either. And none of the main books did anything interesting.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 07-11-2015 at 01:01 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier