Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Still one of my favourite titles. Then again I don't read much these days.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    That's another thing I liked, Soule's restraint on not giving us what would have been a pointless fight had Guy/Atrocitus fought. Their is a time and place for that and with a possibly seriously injured comrade and other unknown reds out there (so we have 4 down (The Judge, the big guy Atrocitus got a ring from, Kara, and Klarn), is it 5 more to go?) their are more things at play here and of course the people of the planet. The declaration of war is enough and its all going to build and build from here.

The Judge is going to be interesting going forward and can't wait until she "judges" Guy. It'll definitely be a big character moment for him confronting his thoughts from the beginning of Soule's run regarding his place and maybe touch on his relationship with Ice. Certainly going to be a good moment to look out for. Supergirl's time certainly seems to be winding down a bit, but that's expected I think. This was always supposed to be a "phase" for her (isn't she supposed to join JLU or did that scrapped?) and I do wonder once her time ends how Guy will feel afterwards. From Guy's perspective on the one hand as powerful as she is she is still Superman's cousin so that is always on the back of Guy's head if anything happened to her, but on the other it could lead to a very interesting moment once Kara stops being a red and Guy, even Bleez given their building relationship, connects with that.
    Agreed. Soule is one of the few writers who wouldn't give you a mindless fight there. Even though it's leading to war, both sides made a smart tactical withdrawal and it builds the tension. Part of why he is such a good writer. I'll be sad to see Supergirl go. This is the best she has been portrayed in the New 52 imho. She has made mistakes, but is trying to do the right thing and is learning from it. I wish Soule wrote her book too
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 05-29-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    What would be a good issue to start with Red Lanterns?
    I would say #1 so you can appreciate the storm that comes after the calm.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    Didn't get my copy yet as I was told it didn't ship until next week. However, I'm really liking the Red Lantern book now. I just picked it up when Supergirl joined the team, but I'm seriously considering sticking with it after she leaves the team & also picking up all the previous issues before she joined. It's a great book & all the characters seem to be interesting. I hope the sales for it pick up.
    Great that you are sticking with the book and getting past issues. I truly believe it's a good book.

Never been a fan of green lanterns. Red Lanterns is up my alley. I think Atrocitus brings a different and good aspect on cosmic affairs. Man, Atrocitus should have been playable in Injustice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    (so we have 4 down (The Judge, the big guy Atrocitus got a ring from, Kara, and Klarn), is it 5 more to go?)
    I think there's six more out there. I'm pretty sure Atrocitus launched ten new rings in Red Lanterns #21, and the death of Ratchet released one more, making a total of 11. As you said, four have been found, so that leaves seven to go.

My comic book store got this in today at last, so I picked it up. I think over-all Red Lanterns #31 was a great issue. The only negative things I have to say about the issue were that the ending seemed a bit unclear with The Judge. I know she said she needed to hear both sides, but I had expected her to use her power to judge Guy like she did with Atrocitus & Supergirl & then make up her mind for who she would follow, but at the end Atrocitus just leaves and she goes with Guy's group.

Also, I think Supergirl is starting to finally grow as a character from her former rage filled self, she did have some well intended ideas with getting the blood from the ship (infact Zox's brief appearence in the issues was once again excellent!) and then trying to set it on fire in order to stop the vortex but as it turned out, both of those just helped Atrocitus But she is trying to think first at least. And I think Bleez litterally slapping some sense into her and telling her to "grow up" is a very big character moment for her. And just from reading it, she is becoming a team player which is also a good thing.

The only other thing I didn't like was the meeting with Atrocitus and the Red's was a little anti-climactic in that as a new reader of Red Lanterns I felt the build up to Atrocitus should have got more of a show down than him just saying he has a captured Red he'll kill if they don't let him escape. Oh well, there is always next time!