View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Catwoman?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Julie Newmar (Batman TV series)

27 33.75%
  • Eartha Kitt (Batman TV series)

9 11.25%
  • Camren Bicondova (Gotham)

1 1.25%
  • Michelle Pfeiffer (Batman Returns)

38 47.50%
  • Adrienne Barbeau (Batman Animated Series)

8 10.00%
  • Anne Hathaway (Dark Knight Rises)

17 21.25%
  • Grey DeLisle (Arkham series and Injustice)

7 8.75%
  • Other (Please list)

3 3.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Who gave your favorite media portrayal as Catwoman?

Ever since the 1960's, everyone's favorite villainess Selina Kyle (AKA Catwoman) has been featured nearly everywhere including films, tv series, and video games. However, each of these portrayals were all uniquely different from each other. Which of these portrayals was your favorite of the anti-heroine? (I did not include Halle Berry, since it is not only universally hated but she also doesn't even play Selina Kyle)

I personally loved Eartha Kitt (Despite how dreadful the show was) and Grey Delisle, whose voice I always hear when I read Selina in the books.

Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 07-09-2015 at 09:24 PM.

Incredible Member

My first choice is Julie Newmar, so very feline and so perfect. My third choice, Anne Hathaway, was clearly doing an homage to her even though it might have been a subconscious one as she claimed Hedy Lamarr as her inspiration. My second choice is Michelle Pfeiffer, a performance that was just SO much wicked fun.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Michelle Pfeiffer all the way! Love me some Eartha Kitt though. Rrrrrrr (tongue roll/purr)

Grey Griffin.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

I cheated and voted for four Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Anne Hathaway.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Fantastic Member

Michelle Pfeiffer OWNED that role!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Julie Newmar, hands down! The first, and the best! RAWR!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Newmar and Kitt were Catwomen of their time and were subsequently restricted from being the kick-ass character that Catwoman eventually became. And the idea of Catwoman having henchmen to fight her battles whilst she just stands at the sidelines hissing and scratching the air... That's not for me.

Pfeiffer's Catwoman was good, but again was too much of a deviation from who I think Selina should be. The whole shy, quiet woman turning semi-homicidal after a near death experience and ultimately being defined by the two key men in her life pretty much takes away most of her agency.

Gotham Catwoman isn't Catwoman yet. And I quit watching after about 3 episodes anyway.

The Animated and Arkham Catwomen have probably been the most accurately 'comic-book', but I just don't really remember much about them from watching the show back in the day or playing the game(s).

With all that mind, I'd have to go with Hathway as the closest to my 'ideal' Catwoman. Not so much in terms of her performance (Although I did enjoy it), but moreso in terms of Selina's personality.

Yeah if by favourite you mean the one that cranked my engine the most then Pfeiffer. She isn't normally my type, a little too skinny, but in that outfit with those eyes... Wowza!

Additionally, Batman Returns is sorely underrated.

BANNED

Eartha Kitt played Catwoman on a dreadful show?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

I don't think you shoulf have included Pfeiffer the character she played was not Catwoman....
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Retired

It isn't even close. Julie Newmar all the way. On a wonderful show.

Lee Meriwether should have been on the list, since she played Catwoman in BATMAN THE MOVIE (1966) and certainly that's bigger than some of the others that were put on the poll. I tend to think of Eartha Kitt as not playing Selina Kyle, but another woman who has usurped Kyle in the role of Catwoman. By that token, Halle Berry should be on the poll, as she played a Catwoman in a major motion picture.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I don't think you shoulf have included Pfeiffer the character she played was not Catwoman....
    Just looked on Google, IMDB, and Wikipedia...and yeah, turns out it was Catwoman. Are you mixing her up with Danny DeVito and Christopher Walken? They played villains in the movie who weren't Catwoman.

Ultimate Member

Michelle Pfeiffer easily.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Actually her Catwoman was a pretty close adaptation of some versions of the character. Pre-Crisis Selina was much more like Pfeiffer's version than post-Crisis was, and post-Crisis was still fairly fresh at the time of the film's release. Some of her Golden Age origins included being an airline stewardess who's repressed Catwoman personality came out after a head injury in a plane crash, and another included revenging herself on her abusive husband. The Max Shreck thing sounds like a combination of those two ideas.

Anyway, I voted for Pfeiffer. She is still queen.