View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Catwoman?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Julie Newmar (Batman TV series)

27 33.75%
  • Eartha Kitt (Batman TV series)

9 11.25%
  • Camren Bicondova (Gotham)

1 1.25%
  • Michelle Pfeiffer (Batman Returns)

38 47.50%
  • Adrienne Barbeau (Batman Animated Series)

8 10.00%
  • Anne Hathaway (Dark Knight Rises)

17 21.25%
  • Grey DeLisle (Arkham series and Injustice)

7 8.75%
  • Other (Please list)

3 3.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Newmar, Hathaway, Pfeiffer, Kravitz, Kitt, Lili Simmons (Gotham finale). I haven't heard Barbeau's performance in a long time, but I'm sure she would also make my list.

I had to vote for Pfeiffer.

Batman Returns is my favorite Bat movie, with her performance as a psychologically unhinged Catwoman being my favorite. Considering what people win Oscars for these days, it’s a shame that she didn’t even get a nom for her work. She played crazy just as good as Joaquin and Heath.

But Eartha Kitt will always be in my heart too.

Odd to have a poll this old.

I had to go with Hathaway. She had some good scenes and no one disagreed with the idea that she would be Bruce's significant other at the end of the best superhero trilogy ever.
    Pfeiffer definitely elevated a weak part, but this is dragged down by an origin that's stupid and sloppy, as well as the ridiculousness of men not recognizing her beauty in the first half-hour.
    Berry's take is not well-regarded.
    Kravitz was fine, but not that impressive.
    Newmar was as anyone could be in ridiculous circumstances. Kitt came close.
    Catwoman was fine in the animated series, but she didn't strike me as an all-time voice performance, like Conroy's Batman, Hamill's Joker, Arlene Sorkin's Harley Quinn or Dana Delaney's Lois Lane.
    I haven't seen Gotham or played the video games
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I wouldn't call it a "bad" writing choice. That's a value judgement I'm not willing to make. I'm not really into pass or fail criticism anyway and prefer analysis instead. It seems to me it's a Burton writing choice--although Daniel Waters wrote the screenplay. If you look at all of Tim Burton's movies, this is the kind of thing that happens--it even happens with other characters in the same movie. It's how the Tim Burton universe works and might actually have some deeper meaning. In this universe, it's not a choice, it's fatal irony. The characters are bound by forces beyond their choosing to become what they are. The only thing they can choose is to make the best of it.
    You're just overexplaining that my opinion is of course subjective. I just didn't feel a need to go into detail. I think we all understand we all have our own reasons for our subjective reactions. And yes, I'm willing to make value judgements in my own response to things because I'm expressing my own opinion and not trying to declare any kind of final judgement. (which I understand you might think I'm doing more since a lot of people online seem to act as though their opinion is how it is)

For me, it was Julie Newmar. Just such a sensuous, cat-like portrayal. I know we are decades into the era of women as ass kickers who can throw down with even the toughest male opponent and I'm not even going to pretend I don't like that fantasy. But Newmar's Catwoman was all trickery and seduction, which made the cat motif even better.

Other actresses included that as part of their performance but it just didn't feel the same. I have no idea why Pfeiffer's Catwoman didn't "catch my fancy" more but she did. I really like who Anne Hathaway seems to be in real life but there just wasn't anything "Catwoman" about her performance and, in fact, she was never even called Catwoman except in the closing credits.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    Michelle Pfeiffer all the way! Love me some Eartha Kitt though. Rrrrrrr (tongue roll/purr)
    Same but reversed!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    You're just overexplaining that my opinion is of course subjective. I just didn't feel a need to go into detail. I think we all understand we all have our own reasons for our subjective reactions. And yes, I'm willing to make value judgements in my own response to things because I'm expressing my own opinion and not trying to declare any kind of final judgement. (which I understand you might think I'm doing more since a lot of people online seem to act as though their opinion is how it is)
    Sorry about that. I realize that I did over explain, yet if I don't over explain, one may take offense. So to avoid any offense, I had to provide an abundance of context. But in providing context I managed to insult regardless. So what to do? Best to say nothing, I suppose. My apologies for speaking out of turn.

lee meriwether for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Sorry about that. I realize that I did over explain, yet if I don't over explain, one may take offense. So to avoid any offense, I had to provide an abundance of context. But in providing context I managed to insult regardless. So what to do? Best to say nothing, I suppose. My apologies for speaking out of turn.
    No harm, no foul. I was just explaining myself as well and might've been a bit defensive so I appreciate your explanation - all good.

Boisterously Confused

Pfeiffer is my fav. Still, Hathaway hooked me from the moment she did that transformation from mousey little caterer to smooth catburgler when caught by Bales's Bruce Wayne in TDR.

Astonishing Member

What about Zoe Kravitz? She isn't listed and no one noticed?

I liked Zoe best. A close second is Michelle Pfeiffer. The rest leave me cold. Anne Hathaway was just boring.

They're all good. We've been pretty lucky in that regard.

If I have to, I guess I go with Grey DeLisle because Arkham Catwoman feels the closest to the modern comic version (even if the fanservice is dialed up to eleven).

I don’t care about a comics-accurate Selina as I’m not a huge fan of Batman’s corner of the world, but I did love Pfeiffer in Returns.

The strange behaviors she displayed (licking herself, eating a live bird…heck just being a vigilante is weird, though we love our heroes) I just always attributed to the trauma she had experienced, but I did always wonder if a bit of mysticism was implied with all the cats nibbling at her body after she fell.

Of course, Halle Berry’s Catwoman movie made the connection, but the two aren’t necessarily canon with one another.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    What about Zoe Kravitz? She isn't listed and no one noticed?
    This thread was created in 2015.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    This thread was created in 2015.
    Ouch...