• X-Men Anime

3 6.12%
  • Wolverine

0 0%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Rank the X-Men TV shows.

• Pryde of the X-Men with: Kitty Pryde, Professor X, Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Wolverine, and Dazzler

X-Men TAS with Beast, Cyclops, Gambit, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Professor X, Rogue, Storm, Wolverine + a ton of guest stars.

X-Men Evolution with Professor Xavier, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde, Rogue, Iceman and Beast (and legally free in Marvel's Youtube channel)

Wolverine and The X-Men with Wolverine, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Storm, Iceman, Angel, Rogue, Colossus, Gambit, Professor X, Jean Grey and Forge

X-Men (Anime) with Professor X, Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Emma Frost and Armor.

Wolverine with... well, Wolverine and a guest appereance by Cyclops.

Pryde of the X-Men, I almost feel like this should be my favorite, Kitty being my favorite and all... but it still had all the awfulness left from pre-renaissance 80's animation (sorry Gen Xers but, barring a few notable exceptions, your cartoons sucked).

X-Men TAS has that nostalgia goodness, it got me into the X-Men with Gambit being all cool and playing poker (then in this forum it was coldly revealed to me that despite sharing a birthplace with it, being a member of the ethnic group that first created the game, using a deck of cards as a weapon AND being named after a move in a mental game... he doesn't play poker) and this cool storylines and opening. It also used to crossover with Spider-Man which was cool, wish it would happen more often.

BUT... It doesn't hold up as well as it's DC Counterpart (the one with the guy dressed as a Bat that also used to do crossovers from time to time), actually even just on it's own I just don't think it holds up as well without the nostalgia goggles. Some of that stuff was just straight up melodramatic.

X-Men Evolution got really, really good... until halfway through it's second season of it's four season run.... Up until then it was like the worse parts of Smallville. But It had good Kitty Pryde in a more or less central role and was considerably less Wolverine centric than the movies, which was a bold move that was for the better.

Wolverine and the X-Men and X-Men Anime are like strange mirror versions of each other. They still have the backstory of the X-Men being disbanded after Jean Grey becoming the Pheonix and Xavier calling them back and they both have emotional and moody Cyclops who is convinced to comeback by Wolverine and guided by Emma Frost. The divergence (besides a few obvious things like the story, the team and Xavier being a part of the team) is that in one Wolverine is the leader while in the other Cyclops is the unopposed leader.

Of the two, I'm a bit torn. The team and story are better in WaTXM but the animation and character designs (who knew this would lends itself so good to anime) in X-Men are so good. Also, they let every member of the team shine. WaTXM is, quite literally, the Wolverine and his amazing friends show while X-Men is a real team effort, even though it's still Cyclops' story.

I'm not big into anime, but of all of them, probably the anime has been the best, IMO. My only real complain (I have to be honest to myself and admit that no Kitty Pryde isn't a valid complain) is that there isn't more of it and there wont be, sadly (The outro teased a ton of villains and storylines).

And Wolverine... never saw it.
    Last edited by Vidocq; 05-28-2014 at 06:39 PM.