Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Thor: Ragnarok" Lands New Director

Waititi is in talks to direct the third "Thor" film following his vampire spoof "What We Do In the Shadows," which he co-wrote and directed.

Full article here.

His last film has 96% on Rotten Tomatoes, for whatever that's worth. He at least seems like a competent director lets just hope the script is better than the last film. I really hope Jane foster and her band of misfits have nothing to do with the film.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Waititi is extremely talented! He could definitely bring a true artistic vision to this property!

WWDITS was nothing short of phenomenal! Flight of the Conchords is amazing as well.
    Last edited by redrunner97; 10-02-2015 at 01:53 PM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

"In talks" is not the same as "Landing" a director.
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

T. Foolery's unwieldy, yet not entirely unimpressive, collection of funny books.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foolery View Post
    I came here to post this.

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Past View Post
    His last film has 96% on Rotten Tomatoes, for whatever that's worth. He at least seems like a competent director lets just hope the script is better than the last film. I really hope Jane foster and her band of misfits have nothing to do with the film.
    Same, they added nothing good to the movies IMO.
    We need better comics

Fantastic Member

Also, "new" director makes seem like he is replacing someone else. I don't recall any director being attached to this movie since it was announced.

I'm in talks for getting some pumpum later tonight, does that mean I won't get any?

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I came here to post this.

Same, they added nothing good to the movies IMO.
    The only one worth keeping is Dr. Selvig, because he actually serves a purpose.

Mighty Member

I really hope Jane foster and her band of misfits have nothing to do with the film.
    I happen to like Jane Foster and Natalie Portman is a damn good actress and a fine looking woman. Why start asking to discard main characters, give an opportunity to this director to develop them. Jane in Asgard reacting to that fantastic world was some of the coolest scenes from the last movie.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 10-02-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Amazing Member

Considering Marvel has made Jane Foster the new Thor I'd be surprised if they do that. Happy, but surprised. Then again, the way Marvel has taken a collective dump on this character I'm surprised they're bothering to do a third film at all. Why not just move on to the Kamala Khan movie? I don't really follow sales figures but judging from the amount of press on this site they've got to be enormous. Heck, it could wind up out-grossing Avatar.

BANNED

The problem with Jane Foster is that most of her scenes seem to find their way to the cutting room floor to make room for more spectacle, leaving us with a character that seems very incomplete, and and actress who is not on good terms with Marvel.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greenteeth View Post
    Considering Marvel has made Jane Foster the new Thor I'd be surprised if they do that. Happy, but surprised. Then again, the way Marvel has taken a collective dump on this character I'm surprised they're bothering to do a third film at all. Why not just move on to the Kamala Khan movie? I don't really follow sales figures but judging from the amount of press on this site they've got to be enormous. Heck, it could wind up out-grossing Avatar.
    Why won't Marvel make a Kamala Khan movie? Because the Thor flicks have the Avengers movies and Loki's hype to add wind to their sails. Thor TDW might as well have been titled; Loki 3rd Coming. Also Loki was to have a scene in AoU but it was cut. The Thor flicks might not be the best next Iron Man and Captain America, but they've still made more than Ant-Man, The Incredible Hulk, and Captain America TFA.

Kamala being an Inhuman also delays any movie she may appear in till 2019. No matter how fast AoS is moving forward with the Inhuman subplot.

I hope that movie Jane isn't given cancer. She was already "sickened" in Dark World. Hopefully she will be given lots to do in the film's narrative.

All-New Member

Thank you!! I was thinking the same thing.

Mighty Member

When devaluating Thor The Dark World in comparison with the Captain America and Iron Man sequels people tend to forget how many directorial problems that movie had to begin with. For a movie that had to shift directors and all the problems that brings it did pretty well. I wish they had locked up Brannah and Strascynski over several pictures for Thor, they had a good team there.