Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You do know Penguin was a villain in a Batman movie right?

Along with being the top villain in the current Gotham TV series. There are some writers who can write interesting stories using villains who aren't gods or uber-powerful beings.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You do know Penguin was a villain in a Batman movie right?
    In a movie that came out in 1992. Dc grew out of that cringe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Along with being the top villain in the current Gotham TV series. There are some writers who can write interesting stories using villains who aren't gods or uber-powerful beings.
    In a TV show where Batman doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    In a TV show where Batman doesn't exist.
    He's also sighted as one of the best characters on the show even by people who don't like it. I get you don't like the character but that doesn't mean others don't.

Get back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Get back on topic.
    Sorry about that.

Can someone please post a scan of the Invisible Jet from this issue?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

image.jpg

Here you are
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    image.jpg

Here you are

Thank you! It's very much appreciated!

Astonishing Member

I don't like this look for Strife as much as what we've seen in the past, because it seems more ordinary and doesn't communicate her nature, personality or domain as well, in my opinion.

I do like the idea of Strife having a "good" side, or at least the idea that the strife and competition she promotes sometimes has positive effects, even if that's not her intention. Hesiod does talk about two Strides or Erises--one good and one bad--but this seems like it might be a bit too literal an interpretation of that, to my taste. But I haven't read the book and am just tentatively going by the panels that have been posted.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 07-10-2015 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Delete and replace off-topic comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Actually, you said "Strife was in the lead for 3 years during Azz's run," which tempts someone like me to point out all the issues in which Strife did not play a major role. Not because you don't have a right to say that she was "in the lead" for three years--of course you do! But, by the same token, other people have a right to point out that this is factually incorrect.

The mods said this is off topic so if you want to discuss this with me please start another thread or P/M me.

Thanks.

Really? This story is about Strife a character that Azzarello remixed from Eris. I just would rather see Sensation Comics give us some stories with Wonder-rogues that haven't been featured much or at all in the last 5 years. The only reference I made to Azz was that Strife came from his run. I certainly don't blame him for this current story. That falls on the the writer of this arc. Am I not allowed to say anything involving Azzarello's name even if my negativity isn't directed towards him? Geesh....
    You think we miss the snide remark alluding to Azzarello and not featuring Diana enough? Strife is one of many Olympians Azzarello used, but this version is clearly nothing to do with his version. The Sensation version neither looks nor acts like the Azzarello version.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    You think we miss the snide remark alluding to Azzarello and not featuring Diana enough? Strife is one of many Olympians Azzarello used, but this version is clearly nothing to do with his version. The Sensation version neither looks nor acts like the Azzarello version.

You're creating an assumption here about my initial post. If you don't like what i post about Wonder Woman, Azzarello, etc., just put me on ignore rather than calling me out anytime I mention Azzarello and something negative. If I'm doing something against the rules, I'm sure Gael or Javier will let me know.

You're creating an assumption here about my initial post. If you don't like what i post about Wonder Woman, Azzarello, etc., just put me on ignore rather than calling me out anytime I mention Azzarello and something negative. If I'm doing something against the rules, I'm sure Gael or Javier will let me know.
    Didn't say you were breaking any rules, but you've been complaining about posters ganging up on you. This is an example of WHY that happens. Azzarello had nothing to do with this topic until you introduced him to it. I'm fairly certain I could go into every single thread on this board and find basically the same thing from you. If you don't want to have the discussion then stop bringing it up.

Again, I'll repeat that this version of Strife has nothing to do with the version Azzarello used. Looks, mannerism, motivation are nothing alike thus far. I personally didn't like this issue of Sensation either.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Didn't say you were breaking any rules, but you've been complaining about posters ganging up on you. This is an example of WHY that happens. Azzarello had nothing to do with this topic until you introduced him to it. I'm fairly certain I could go into every single thread on this board and find basically the same thing from you. If you don't want to have the discussion then stop bringing it up.

Again, I'll repeat that this version of Strife has nothing to do with the version Azzarello used. Looks, mannerism, motivation are nothing alike thus far. I personally didn't like this issue of Sensation either.

Even IF your exaggeration were true, that doesn't give you or anyone else the right to harass me just because I have a different opinion than yourself. Again, the ignore feature can solve your issue with me.