Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Scott Snyder teases "Batman and Robin Eternal" and "Robin War" from his Twitter

https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...49815676891136

Looks like Tom King, Tim Seeley, James Tynion, Lee Bermejo, Scott Snyder, and Mark Doyle.

B&R Eternal seems like it'll feature Dick, Jason, Tim, and Harper, and possibly flashbacks to Dick's time with Batman and Scarecrow. Robin War looks like Damian vs the We Are Robin crew.

Snyder called Batman and Robin Eternal “larger than the first one: globe-spanning, bigger secrets,” and said that it “honors the legacy of Robin and also brings a new angle to it and makes something very fresh.”

A 26-issue, weekly series, Batman and Robin Eternal will celebrate the 75th anniversary of Robin by centering heavily on the legacy of the character...

...but it will also feature the long-awaited return of onetime Batgirl Cassandra Cain.

"This series is going to reintroduce Cassandra Cain to the DC Universe," returning co-writer James Tynion IV told reporters this morning. "We can’t talk too much about that just yet but this is a character that for me at least I have loved for my entire comic-reading life. The fact that we have the opportunity to bring her back in a very, very central role — she is on of the three leads of this story, her, Dick and Harper Rowe — I’m really pumped.”
    http://comicbook.com/2015/07/10/cass...-at-comic-con/

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Just when I thought I was out (on the weekly) they pull my right back in! The writing team pls stronger than the last iteration, and I love Tony Daniels art (as long as he doesn't trade the pencil in for a laptop, we are golden).

And here's to hoping Damian whoops all those wanna-be Robins' behinds (although I liked the first We are Robin issue a lot).
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 07-10-2015 at 10:28 AM.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Oh nice! Dick, Cass, and Harper as the mains?

Writing team will feature Snyder, Tynion, King, Seeley, Jackson Lanzing, and Ed Brisson.

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

Writing team is strong here and Tony Daniel as main artist, take my money.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Oh nice! Dick, Cass, and Harper as the mains?

Writing team will feature Snyder, Tynion, King, Seeley, Jackson Lanzing, and Ed Brisson.
    Tynion just tweeted, add Genevive Valentine, Steve Orlando, and Collin Kelly to the list.

Dick Grayson is at the heart of this story, which takes us through the past and present.

A case he never knew about from his Robin days rears its head in the present with dangerous results.
    Last edited by Kurisu; 07-10-2015 at 10:51 AM.

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/10/dc-c...-at-comic-con/

Today at Comic-Con International: San Diego, DC Entertainment announced an upcoming event titled "Robin War," which will cross over between Robin, Son of Batman, We Are Robin, Grayson and Gotham Academy starting in December.

"We can’t talk too much about the story right now but I can say that basically if you're reading any of the books, Damien is not in Gotham right now," editor Mark Doyle told reporters this morning. "He has no idea that the Robin movement [from We Are Robin] is happening in Gotham. But he’s going to find out and when he does, he’s not happy. so that’s sort of the catalyst for 'Robin War.'"

Joking that he had initially tried to think of a way to sell the story without acknowledging that it's an event, Grayson writer Tom King joked that he couldn't, saying, “This is an event, it’s a crossover, it’s huge, it’s wonderful. I grew up on Inferno, I grew up on X-Tinction Agenda. I loved those kinds of story, I loved how big they were, I loved the risks they took, I loved the way it could change the universe in one month.”

“To me, the concept of Robin — so many characters in comics are about stasis and Robin is about evolution," King added. "That’s what makes him this distinct character that everyone can relate to. That’s what that ideal represents, is who you were, who you can be and who you are today.”

“This is a reason there’s a DC Universe," Bermejo said. "These characters exist together. Kind of the interesting thing to me about doing something like this is when you intro a bunch of new characters who are taking on the Robin mantle, you know you have to have those characters at some point interact with an official Robin. So I look at it like a bunch of JV players trying to get on the varsity team and I think that’s going to be a fun concept to play around with.”
    Of course Damian is responsible for all this.

Spectacular Member

Whelp this a nice mix of disappointing and lackluster. At least Tim & Tom will make some of it readable.

Good too see Dick will be the lead but I wonder what Harper Rowe will bring to this story.

If only Duke could take over as Robin now
    Damian probably should have stayed dead methinks Robin War sounds interesting

Batman and Robin Eternal not as long as Eternal but Cass will at least be back for a bit

It is probably better that it is only 26 issues so you can have a nice condensed story that does not drag or have filler issues. a 52 issues weekly should be for the DC universe but 26 for Gotham is great.

BANNED

I can understand why Dick's one of the leads(should be the main one) it's his 75th anniversary after all, but please dc dont just dont troll and humiliate Jason Like pre-flashpoint just to make Dick look good(battle for the cowl).

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Why the hell is Harper a lead on a title called Batman & Robin Eternal?

Where that left Jason Tim and Damian?

Robin WAR??

How many freaking events has to have the word "war" in them?

It's just stupid at this point.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Thought this would fit here nicely..

image.jpg

I like that they omit Kelley's time in the New 52 (that never should've happened).
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli