Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Is Damian really only ten years old? It feels like he's been in the comic world for long enough to be at least a young teenager, plus he was a temporary student in one issue of Gotham Academy. I doubt he would be in the same class as Maps if he were that young.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    Is Damian really only ten years old? It feels like he's been in the comic world for long enough to be at least a young teenager, plus he was a temporary student in one issue of Gotham Academy. I doubt he would be in the same class as Maps if he were that young.
    He might be 11 or 12 at this point, but time is always a murky thing in comics, and the writers tend to just not really address the issue. The kid is also a genius who can build a flying Batmobile and handle the financials of a multinational corporation before hitting puberty, so entrance exams for a posh boarding school are probably not an issue regardless of the fact he's a couple years younger.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    It's always a toss up as to the chances because the characters are at the mercy of the writer. If the writer's want Duke to win, then Duke wins if that is what the writer wants.
    It would would be really hard to plausibly explain in a straight one on one basis though as it's just such a huge mismatch skill wise: Duke is a regular kid with no training, Damian's entire character is based on the fact he was purpose bred and trained from birth.
    Still, always possible, wasn't there a story on the CBR home page recently about that time Green Arrow won a fight by choking out a guy who didn't actually need to breath?... Writers do what they want.
    Or Catwoman being able to one-punch Cheetah (which was grade-A BS). Or Tim beating Cassandra by "not using a fighting style" (that's not how her abilities work Beechen. If it were, then any common street thug would be able to beat he). Or Deathstroke soloing the entire JL (and Prometheus as well), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Or Catwoman being able to one-punch Cheetah (which was grade-A BS). Or Tim beating Cassandra by "not using a fighting style" (that's not how her abilities work Beechen. If it were, then any common street thug would be able to beat he). Or Deathstroke soloing the entire JL (and Prometheus as well), etc.
    Yeah, there is a long history of strange results forced by bad writing... I don't mind the unexpected coming out on top, but generally it just never makes sense because writers just don't spend the time to figure out a way to write it well. It's why I'm wary of Robin War, theoretically Damian should curb stomp these kids without breaking a sweat, but because Duke and company are the new hot property I can seen shenanigans on the horizon.