Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Oh yeah Gotham Academy is probably involved to facilitate Damian in that school. I doubt they'll actually have anything to do besides that

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    In the past continuity.

DC bounce around characters all the time that were introduced as supporting characters elsewhere, though it usually is the case with villains.

I never thought Cass fit the Batfamily at all and don't like the idea of meta-humans hanging around to begin with, but I was hardly wanting her gone before the reboot. Now it's the same case as how baffled I was when they decided to reboot with four Robins instead of retconning out Tim for being redundant- and given how useless he's been for nearly four years that his only book is some alternate future thing, I'm pretty sure I was right- there's no need to have her around as a Batfamily sidekick, seeing as she won't become Batgirl now and that was how she was introduced before, so find a new niche for her if you want to tell stories with the character. Hence why I suggested the martial arts thing.
    Okay Cass is not a metahuman. Yes she does things that are ludicrous by human standards but so has every Bat at one point or another.

Yes Cass had a relationship with the Bat-family in the past continuity and she can have one again in this new one. By this logic, Babs shouldn't be Batgirl because she was Batgirl in the past.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-10-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Tynion also wrote a fantastic Joker and a great Bane,cut the guy some slack.
    I think he's best writing darker horror/thriller-type stories. His Joker Annual was great, and I've heard good things about his Constantine run so far. But his work in the Batfamily has not been good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Okay Cass is not a metahuman. Yes she does things that are ludicrous by human standards but so has every Bat at one point or another.
    Generally speaking the other Bats don't dodge bullets when the gun is right up in their face.

Generally speaking the other Bats don't dodge bullets when the gun is right up in their face.
    We've seen Bruce take down Wonder Woman with a single kick. And how many times have they been shot or taken down dozens of armed foes in mere panels?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I just like the idea of Duke Thomas as a different kind of Robin.
    He seems like Tim Drake lite,so it's territory that's been covered before.

BANNED

We've seen Bruce take down Wonder Woman with a single kick.
    Right, but that instant was not treated as the standard of what Bruce can do. Unlike with Cass.

Right, but that's not regarded as the standard of what Bruce should be able to do in-story. Unlike with Cass.
    Well Cass hasn't taken down WW either.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    It's been a while since I read that arc, but wasn't the whole "undercover kiss" just a plot to make Barbara jealous?
    I think she got jealous as a result, but I don't remember it being the plan. Its been a while for me too though. Either way, the "undercover" scene was just for a few panels and Daniel only got to seed that kiss before they changed directions. I just remember thinking that this could've been the start of a a real adult relationship (putting aside the events of their mini and the Outsiders series) between those two that might have challenged DickBarbs.

Oh well. Hopefully I get that now out of Grayson

Ultimate Member

Cass is finally back!! It's about damn time!!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

If Dick Grayson is headlining this, I'm set. Great creative team too, though it's a shame Pelliter isn't the main artist and not Daniels.

I love Cassandra Cain as BATGIRL so this is awesome, though she could have just come back low key in the Bat books.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I want Damien to massacre the We Are Robin kids. Show them what it takes to be a real Robin.
    Yes! There can only be one!!

Well Cass hasn't taken down WW either.
    Didn't Dick do that in Teen Titans Year One?

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Like it or love it she is Bat-family. Meeting Batman saved her life. Being Batgirl gave her a purpose. Through the Bat-family and her interactions with Bruce, Tim, Babs and Steph she became a fully realized person instead of a weapon. I don't think they need to throw that away, she just doesn't need to be Batgirl.
    And now Batman isn't around and not only will she not be Batgirl she'll have never been Batgirl. U say she doesn't need to be Batgirl, but we already saw as soon as Steph became Batgirl she was pushed into obscurity. Left with no purpose and no role. And now purpose and roles are even more scarce in Gotham.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-10-2015 at 01:21 PM.

To be fair, she was being pushed into obscurity ever since One Year Later butchered her character.