Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

What is up with the hollow earth crap?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I would actually be interested to know why he believes this and where it comes from in the first place.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Eyes View Post
    Impressive rhetoric, but what is the overall story?
    I cannot really tell you. Not in a "won't" sense, but genuinely in a "can't" sense, and I doubt there's much of anyone else who can. Closest I can get is that Batman has to fight the Sensei while wrestling with his no-kill rule, but lots of increasingly weird stuff involving Riddler, Deadman, Ra's Al Ghul and a Caveman Batman gets involved until the second half of the series where he has to travel into the Hollow Earth to ride dinosaurs and fight hippos with machine guns alongside Egyptian gods and jive-talking wizards.
    Buh-bye

Um . . . What was Batman: Odyssey?

Laura: But here is the best quote from a Neal Adams interview about Odyssey:

Q: Can you give us an overview of the plot?

Adams: I cannot give you an overview of the plot.

David: Did he really say that?

Laura: Yes.

The Compllete and Utter Insanity Of 'Batman: Odyssey'

You will laff

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I cannot really tell you. Not in a "won't" sense, but genuinely in a "can't" sense, and I doubt there's much of anyone else who can. Closest I can get is that Batman has to fight the Sensei while wrestling with his no-kill rule, but lots of increasingly weird stuff involving Riddler, Deadman, Ra's Al Ghul and a Caveman Batman gets involved until the second half of the series where he has to travel into the Hollow Earth to ride dinosaurs and fight hippos with machine guns alongside Egyptian gods and jive-talking wizards.
    Wow.
    Sounds like it would be right at home alongside Batman: the Brave and the Bold's "Skiing Ninjas with Laser Guns" and "Evil Biker Santas"
    I might have to look into this.

Just so we're clear, is it the Hippos wielding the machine guns, or the Egyptian Gods and Jive-Talking Wizards?

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post

You were right. I had a bad day at work yesterday, so this definitely put a smile on my face.
    Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, Justice League.

My favorite film trilogy.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Wow.
    Sounds like it would be right at home alongside Batman: the Brave and the Bold's "Skiing Ninjas with Laser Guns" and "Evil Biker Santas"
    I might have to look into this.

Just so we're clear, is it the Hippos wielding the machine guns, or the Egyptian Gods and Jive-Talking Wizards?
    The difference is that all this is played very, very seriously in Odyssey, and I will genuinely always love it for it. To the best of my recollection, the hippos, who are against Batman, have the machine guns, while the gods and jive wizard are on his side.
    Buh-bye

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

I thought for sure this was going to be in November's solicitations. Another delay as it seems.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post
    I thought for sure this was going to be in November's solicitations. Another delay as it seems.
    I bet Neil Adams is taking his sweet time to redraw and recolor it to his new standards!~

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    To the best of my recollection, the hippos, who are against Batman, have the machine guns, while the gods and jive wizard are on his side.
    This is an amazing sentence.

I will probably not buy Adams' Superman work, but I'm eagerly awaiting reviews of it.

Again, from Neal's Facebook page.

"Come on down and see Neal today at the Wizard Chicago show. He will be in artist alley all day today signing.
    Neal is almost done with his Superman Darkseid New Gods series
    and we are waiting to see what might be next.
    Possibilities are
    A continuation of the Superman series.
    Deadman
    Green Lantern
    Im leaning towards Deadman K"

Let's see if it'll finally be in this month's solicits..

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Holy ________.

THE COMING OF THE SUPERMEN (terrible-sounding title aside) just went from idle curiosity to must-see if it is anything like THE ODYSSEY. Huge fan of Supes v Darkseid tales anyway, so this a yes from me. Kinda wish Neal Adams named this story SUPERMAN: THE ILIAD just to bookmark it against his earlier Batman tale.

The Superverse could use exactly his kind of insanity right about now.

New interview with Neal Adams about the book, which apparently will be coming out in February now.

http://13thdimension.com/neal-adams-...nd-jack-kirby/

Last edited by AwesomeUsername; 11-09-2015 at 12:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Adams is so good. Mad, but mad in the best ways. There's not a boring bit of Odyssey, not even a page. Nothing is wasted. Nothing is spared.

If he brings that energy, that much material to his Superman, I'll love it. A pure, sincere, energetic love.

If he ends it with Superman and Jimmy watching in awe as Batman swings away, I'll have gone beyond love.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

SUPERMAN: THE COMING OF THE SUPERMEN #1
    Written by NEAL ADAMS
    Art and cover by NEAL ADAMS
    1:25 B&W Variant cover by NEAL ADAMS
    On sale FEBRUARY 3 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    From legendary writer/artist Neal Adams comes a threat so epic it will take more than one Man of Steel to handle it in this new 6-issue miniseries!
    As Darkseid and the hordes of Apokolips lay waste to the world, even Superman is overwhelmed—but not for long, as three heroes from the miniaturized city of Kandor emerge at full size, armed with all the vast powers of Kal-El, ready to become the new Supermen!
    This battle of titans also features the machinations of Lex Luthor, plus fan favorites Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane aiding in the fight for Truth, Justice and the American Way.

So is this taking place in it's own continuity or is it apart of the current (New 52 universe/Earth)?