Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I love the idea of telling seven random stories out of Clark's life, I've always felt Superman would do well with Wakfu/Dofus type story telling and maybe especially being done by the French. However, I didn't enjoy a single thing about Landis' Superman story and that fact he puffed his chest out at Batman wasn't enough to ignore everything else that was done horribly in the story which is surprising since this guy has done videos about how well he knows Superman. I kinda wish Tom Taylor was handling the story premise instead since he did talk about really wanting to write Superman just out at a picnic, sitting under a tree, talking about his hopes and dreams.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

From Landis' twitter. He shares some info about the book.

This looks like my #1 Superman announcement.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post

See, that sounds perfect for this kind of thing. A sort of "wouldn't want it across three titles every month" view of the character - but... it isn't going to be. As it's own Landisverse version of Clark, that's a pretty excellent manifesto.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post

-snip-
    That actually sounds kind of interesting compared to the pictures of him getting arrested and partying on a boat.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

For some reason, the cover with a bruised Clark being arrested sort of catches my eye.
    Overall, the project looks somewhat interesting, but I wasn't especially blown away by Landis as of now, so.....wait and see, I guess.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Wasn't Atomic Skull "origin" in one Action's issues done by Landis? One where there is no words? I thought it was pretty cool.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Wasn't Atomic Skull "origin" in one Action's issues done by Landis? One where there is no words? I thought it was pretty cool.
    Yeah, the back-up story in Action Comics' first Annual issue. That was a great story.

Sometimes we have to differentiate between the writer of the stuff that we like and actual person who we don't like that much.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I see a lot of people talking about what Landis has done, but it's like one silent back up and a ten page Joker story. Gun is being jumped.

Astonishing Member

Awesome, actually. Like, I can really get behind an anti-All-Star Superman miniseries. Because it's a miniseries and Superman deserves to be explored in all the right and wrong ways by various kinds of people with differing notions of what makes him great.

Landis's Superman vs. Joker story was totally good, so he at least earns my piqued interest and a look-see.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

This thread is not about Mark Waid. I have deleted and will continue to delete any comments that try to steer the thread in that direction. Thank you.

It's nice to hear Landis talk about Clark and say that he's an interesting guy. It's refreshing to see someone who is intrigued by Superman's purity and not put off by it. So to have a writer say that he find Clark interesting and wants to come at him from a new perspective is pretty welcome after spending years hearing that Superman is boring or too this or that. So I think Landis just sold me on his series. It's a mini and out of continuity, so it could be pretty fun.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I actually like his Superman vs. Joker story. It's kind of nice having someone shoot down the "scary badass" myth he's been given the last three decades. Might check this out.

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

As a fan of Superman, it's pitch's like Landis's above that gets me excited as a reader. His views on Clark Kent echo how I feel about the character and I think sometimes Clark gets overlooked and gets put on the backburner when it comes to being an important piece of the puzzle as to who Superman is and what he has become because of Clark first. I like where Landis is going with that aspect of the character being the driving force for his book. Sounds good.