Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default More Wonder-rogues Coming In The Finchs' Run

From http://www.newsarama.com/25129-sdcc-...dy-panel.html:

17:49
    A fan dressed as Hercules asked if any of Wonder Woman's past villains would be appearing, with Meredith Finch saying she would like to bring back Silver Swan, and reinvent the rogues gallery.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Some other tidbits from the panel:

18:11
    The upcoming arc will explore Donna Troy, and how Wonder Woman will try to redeem her.

18:24
    Meredith Finch spoke about Donna Troy, saying she didn't see Troy ever becoming a full hero. "What we want for her is a struggle for her to see if she can become a good person, knowing the terrible things that she's done."

"I see her now going forward as more of an anti-hero. She has a ruthlessness to her."

Finally! A writer that is really interested in Wonder Woman's villains and modernizing them! The last writer who felt this way was Alan Heinberg but his run only lasted 5 issues due to time constraints. I know that Meredith has also expressed interest in using the Angle Man and the Cheetah so hopefully this is just the tip of the iceberg.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Meredith Finch spoke about Donna Troy, saying she didn't see Troy ever becoming a full hero.
    Never have I read a line that wanted me to see someone fired off a book faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post

Never mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    that was really awful, at least real donna will be at titans hunt.

"Finch also spoke about Wonder Woman's new costume, saying she wanted Wonder Woman to have multipe looks to better reflect actual women."

this is very artificial, because the writing is nothing like actual women

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

doooooooonnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Things were looking so up, too.

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

doooooooonnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Things were looking so up, too.

I doubt Finch means that Donna is going to go killing innocent people again. I think she just means that the guilt of killing the male Amazons will always haunt her to the point that she'll never feel like she can stand in the same circles as Wonder Woman or the other members of the Justice League. That doesn't mean that Donna can't do good things and try to make up for her past misguided mistakes.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I doubt Finch means that Donna is going to go killing innocent people again. I think she just means that the guilt of killing the male Amazons will always haunt her to the point that she'll never feel like she can stand in the same circles as Wonder Woman or the other members of the Justice League. That doesn't mean that Donna can't do good things and try to make up for her past misguided mistakes.
    It's mainly the "can't be a hero" and "anti-hero" comments. Donna should be the one that is more righteous than Diana, not the other way around. She can still have strong morals while still not being a mini Wonder Woman; Donna always had the party girl mentality to Diana's seriousness.

BANNED

This is why we can't have good things.

From http://www.newsarama.com/25129-sdcc-...dy-panel.html:

17:49
    A fan dressed as Hercules asked if any of Wonder Woman's past villains would be appearing, with Meredith Finch saying she would like to bring back Silver Swan, and reinvent the rogues gallery.
    Odd. "Would like to."?

- If DC will allow it?
    - If I am on the title long enough?

Seems like an oddly non-committal answer.

I'm not so sure. She makes a point of saying "ruthlessness" very clearly.

Astonishing Member

I doubt Finch means that Donna is going to go killing innocent people again.
    I agree that she probably won't kill innocent people--at least, not on purpose. Most people would probably consider killing innocents (other than perhaps in extraordinary circumstances, like when killing a few innocents is the only way to save a great number of innocents), to be a villain's behavior rather than an anti-hero's. But as a ruthless anti-hero, she might kill suspected evildoers rather freely, and could even end up killing innocents who she wrongly believes to be evildoers.

I think she just means that the guilt of killing the male Amazons will always haunt her to the point that she'll never feel like she can stand in the same circles as Wonder Woman or the other members of the Justice League. That doesn't mean that Donna can't do good things and try to make up for her past misguided mistakes.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Odd. "Would like to."?

- If DC will allow it?
    - If I am on the title long enough?

Seems like an oddly non-committal answer.

She's already started with Aegeus.

Maybe. That answer just sounded like the one you give when what a reader wants to hear is obvious.