View Poll Results: How many stars would you give this awesome issue of All New Invaders?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Awesome! I'm blown away by everything!

8 47.06%
  • 4 - Mostly cool things happening, but ...

7 41.18%
  • 3 - Interesting, but not written like I want.

0 0%
  • 2 - Okay, but I could have trade waited.

0 0%
  • 1 - Don't bother.

1 5.88%
  • 0 - I didn't enjoy this at all.

1 5.88%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Hopefully reading this today! Can't wait!

Really enjoyed this book. Robinson and Pugh continue to do great work here. This book needs more Bucky though.

And that ending...can't wait for that follow up although it raises a lot of questions.

Specifically due to spoilers:
    Galactus last seen in the Ultimate Universe and sent to the N-Zone in Cataclysm
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Mahes; 05-29-2014 at 06:36 AM. Reason: fixed tags

Yeah.... well I didn't like the art. It was serviceable but the style just doesn't do it for me. Everyone's a bit too pudgy without being cartoony-- it's too real to be stylized but too stylized to be real. LIke either push the exageration of the features or make the anatomy actually ... work.

But even the writing has that "almost but not quite" kind of feel, too. I don't mind characters having a plan that the reader doesn't know yet, but when it's finally revealed... huh? radiation blasts that Cap and Namor are immune to? And don't get me started on nanotech. Every time a writer busts out nanotech it's because they need some something magical done -- the 21st century equivalent of fairy elves. But of course-- it doesn't matter anyway, because Aarkus already freed everyone. Seriously. Aarkus literally says "there's no need, it's already done." well, great, then.
    Marvel Flipside -- Some old Marvel Axis Fanfiction & FanArt
    Where's DannyWall -- Some writing and Marvel TSR Role-Playing Stuff

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Ha, that's great! "My entire body is radioactivated!" Sounds like his entire body was in a microwave. LOL!

"Also, Chief Wilson, you've now got radiation poisoning." Man, those Atlas comics were great fun.
    I could be wrong but I don't think that was the last time poor Jim got Nuked, either.

I seem to remember his first modern appearance in the Fantastic Four ending with him getting nuked (I think he took the blast for Johnny Storm) yet again.
    I haven't read that story in awhile so I could be wrong about the details.

And wasn't he nuked a third time(!!!) in his miniseries? I really don't remember for sure.

Considering how many times the poor schmoe's been force fed lethal radiation, I can see it becoming a part of his powerset.

I guess what didn't kill Jim (at least not for long) made him stronger.

BANNED

Wow is right! This issue was solid and just fun.
    Namors narration while fighting Ikaris was fantastic as was the Torch letting loose.

Bucky's relationship with Vision is pretty damn hilarious, but not too zany.

That ending though. Oh boy, I can't wait to see what comes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    yeah, that ending has to be followed up. has. this issue had me thinking how good a Robinson Eternals series would be. i too thought it was odd that Cap is immune to the Torch's radiation. its just a throwaway line but it kinda (in my mind anyway) needs explained.

also, immediately following this issue i liked Jim's appearance in this week's Fantastic Four.
    I guess I should have read the Invaders first. Oh well it was a minor spoiler.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Must wait until tomorrow. Couldn't get to the shop yesterday...glad everyone is liking the finale. I'm okay with a little Bucky since Robinson said he'd be featured more in a future arc.
    The best was in the preview, but I LOVED that. There's a cool 'splash' page of him acrobating away, that I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Hopefully reading this today! Can't wait!
    I think you'll like it. Bunches.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    The best was in the preview, but I LOVED that. There's a cool 'splash' page of him acrobating away, that I liked.
    He did some improvising too. I am looking forward to seeing what it could be that makes Bucky think he can't handle it himself so he calls the Invaders for help.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Nice to see Makkari show up. I'm interested in Jim Hammond as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. That last page with Galactus was unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    also, immediately following this issue i liked Jim's appearance in this week's Fantastic Four.
    I wish I had read this issue before I read Fantastic Four #5 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Bucky's relationship with Vision is pretty damn hilarious, but not too zany.
    I thought this was pretty funny.

All-New Invaders 5 page 3.jpg
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    I thought this was pretty funny.

All-New Invaders 5 page 3.jpg
    Ha! I loved that moment.

BANNED

Me three!

That's just begging to be made into an animated avatar.

Great issue. This book has quickly become one of my favourites each month. There's really not much more to be said than other have already said in this thread, but I just wanted to register my approval too.

The thing that I liked about this book was that it went out of the way to show Cap being a good strategist.

Almost every book universally cites sites Steve as being the best comic book leader in marvel (hell, Steve is in charge when freaking Batman is in the room), but this was a nice instance of show not tell.

I'm happy if this means Galactus is getting back to 616.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Well I've gushed elsewhere but an excellent closer to the arc and the plot is most definitely thick for the next arc. I had to reread the last couple of pages just because it sets up something so wonderfully crazy.

I agree with everything else said here.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy