I mean they seemingly always go back to the well of 90s, and backwards, X-Men characters, in the end, don't they?

I read about how Extraordinary, All-New, and Uncanny, are bringing us "fresh new stories", but these "fresh new" things always seem to revolve around 20 year old characters. Not even a hint at any of the new generation, minus Laura. Obviously, for obvious reasons, I don't count the O5.

A lot of us have X-kids that we've grown attached to. For me (besides Laura/X-23) it's Hellion, Armor, Rockslide, Elixir, Mercury and Dust. For others it Pixie, Bling!, Surge, Goldballs, Cipher, etc. The problem is that these characters hardly last in the spotlight, and are made into wallpaper, only for another writer to create his/her own version of the same character (either power wise, or character/personality wise). People either don't give them a chance because there's already another character they like, and/or have seen with the same powers, so it's not as interesting, or they don't bother with the book because they know that another writer, or an editor, will just wipe the set clean. In WatXM's case, the stories were just not that good, and/or placeed far too much emphasis on 2-3 of the large student body.

With the reveal of the post-SW X-Books, based off what we've seen so far (because not all the ANAD books have been revealed; there's like 10-15 books still kept in the dark), there doesn't seem to be any mention of the X-school, or the X-kids, in any capacity (even Young Avengers affiliated characters have gotten spots in new, post-SW books). Also, with the hinting of some sort of tragic events happening to the mutants within the post-SW 8 month time skip, it's looking more, and more, like Marvel just killed off a lot of the X-kids off screen, or even just made it that some don't exist anymore following SW.

So yeah, I admit that I may be coming off as hella pessimistic, but Marvel should just stop creating new kids for us to get attached to if they're not really going to be the next generation of anything. Even New Mutants are pretty much irrelevant, and Fox developing a movie focused on them probably mean nothing on them anytime soon as they're not super popular enough to grudgingly publish.

Also, I get that this is essentially stopping creativity, I do, but when the next writer can just "bus" the last writer's creations to make room for their guys, does it even matter (Sorry KYost; I love yall, but that was uncalled for)? Look at the NXM: a lot of characters put thru several major events, and situations, that you'd think would give them experience that would help them on their way to being X-Men, or just superheroes in general. What happened to them? They're turned into wall paper for Aaron, and Bendis's, mutant kids, all of which don't have the same amount of character development because 1) they're not written all that well, or 2) they're not given much time to develop over 3-5 years. Hell, look at Bendis's Triage....he's basically a much less interesting, and less powerful version of Elixir. I'm all for new minority characters, but make them interesting...and don't make him look like a witch doctor just cuz.