BANNED

Default Need help in recomendacion.

Hello I was hoping someone would recommend me books with young teams mainly x books who resemble DC'S young justice and teen titans and and if you can also extend to other corners of the marvel universe it would be helpful.

X-Men: First Class - The relaunch of All-New X-Men is going to feature these characters (although it will be swapping out Jean for X-23) so it might be the best place to start if you are considering following the relaunch.

New Mutants - The first spinoff X-book following such a team (I can't call it the first book since the initial run of X-Men fits the description, but those stories haven't aged well)

I'm not sure which volume of New X-Men follows X-23's generation (since the first run was Morrison's take on the adults, but the title later shifted to a younger class) but that one could work too.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm not sure which volume of New X-Men follows X-23's generation (since the first run was Morrison's take on the adults, but the title later shifted to a younger class) but that one could work too.
    New Mutants v 2, later retitled Academy X. Definitely worth a read!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    New Mutants v 2, later retitled Academy X. Definitely worth a read!
    New Mutants/Academy X definitely handled teen heroes very well. There's a tendency for stories dealing with younger characters to talk down to an older audience, but DePhillippis and Weir, and KYost created something very mature that holds up even for an adult reader (contrast Avengers Academy, which read like a saccharine after school special).

Chris Claremont originally run basically gave the ideas about teen teams and problems DC used this for the their Teen Titan series. It was also inspiration for TMNT.

Though not an X title, Brian K. Vaughan's Runaways was very well regarded.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    It was also inspiration for TMNT.
    Not really. TMNT was much more of a direct jab at early Grimdark like Frank Miller.

BANNED

New Mutants vol. 1 is an exceptional example of teenage heroes.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 07-11-2015 at 08:15 AM. Reason: link(s) added.

I know this is a bit late but I second New X-Men Vol 2, later titled Academy X

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Not really. TMNT was much more of a direct jab at early Grimdark like Frank Miller.
    Actually TMNT or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was inspired by both, the New Mutants, hence the bolded part, as well as the Daredevil comics of the 80's hence the Ninja part and the Foot Clan which is a parody of Marvel's Hand

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    I know this is a bit late but I second New X-Men Vol 2, later titled Academy X

Actually TMNT or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was inspired by both, the New Mutants, hence the bolded part, as well as the Daredevil comics of the 80's hence the Ninja part and the Foot Clan which is a parody of Marvel's Hand
    Yes, I know about the Daredevil connection (and incidentally, that 80s Daredevil you refer to was by FRANK MILLER), but I have NEVER heard of New Mutants as an inspiration. And to say that they were just because of having "MUTANT" in the name is asinine. In fact the original concept was come up with completely on the fly while goofing off during work on Fugitoid:

"Pete drew a cooler one," remembers Eastman. "Then, of course, I had to top his sketch, so I drew four of them standing in a dramatic pose. That was in pencil, but Pete inked it, and added 'teenage mutant' to the 'ninja turtle' part. We were just pissing our pants that night, to be honest. 'This is the dumbest thing ever.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yes, I know about the Daredevil connection (and incidentally, that 80s Daredevil you refer to was by FRANK MILLER), but I have NEVER heard of New Mutants as an inspiration. And to say that they were just because of having "MUTANT" in the name is asinine. In fact the original concept was come up with completely on the fly while goofing off during work on Fugitoid:
    I know full well that it was by Miller, no need to get sarcastic And I also know about how TMNT came about.
    But actually, it's true. I was also surprised by it as I hadn't heard it before (which is why it stuck to me). I'm not sure if it was in some documentary about TMNT or whatever but Laird or Eastman specifically mentions that the part of them being teenaged mutants came from X-Men/New Mutants because those comics were popular at the time. So I didn't come up with it myself, it was said in a documentary about them. I suppose it's possible that whoever said that could have lied about it or misrembered but I'm willing to believe that it's true.

EDIT: Here, even Wikipedia (yes, I know, I know, anyone can edit it etc.) backs it up:
    Using money from a tax refund, together with a loan from Eastman’s uncle, the young artists self-published a single-issue comic intended to parody four of the most popular comics of the early 1980s: Marvel Comics’ Daredevil and New Mutants, Dave Sim’s Cerebus, and Frank Miller’s Ronin
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 08-16-2015 at 07:33 PM.