Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm not excited, despite loving TKJ. Just don't think any of these animated films DC do are special enough. Bolland's unique style is key to TKJ anyway. And if no Hamill (and even with him)...just can't do it justice.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

The Killing Joke is ok. I like it alot more for the art then the story.

If they wanted to animate an Alan Moore BATMAN story, I suggest the CLAYFACE-PRESTON PAYNE story from a Batman Annual.
    Combine it with the Len Wein-Marshall Rogers origin story for Payne and BOOM, you have a nice little movie to watch.

Oh man, that would be totally awesome! Still super excited to see how KJ turns out!

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Wow I love this news. I consider the killing Joke to be one of my favorite Joker stories. Even though Joker never really had a real origin story, the one in the Killing Joke was by far my favorite. I wonder if Mark Hamill will reprise his role as the Joker? He said he would if the Killing Joke was made. After all it would be a must have to have him and Kevin Conroy to reprise his Batman.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

See I can't buy into this idea what happened to Barbara or Sue is a cheap, sleazy, stunt. To me it's a tragedy and since tragedies happened to real people every day I don't think fictional characters should be spared

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XanatosVanBadass View Post
    I wonder what version they'll use as a template. The old coloring with the yellow oval, or the revised coloring without?
    Good question, probably the new colouring since that's the only one available now.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    See I can't buy into this idea what happened to Barbara or Sue is a cheap, sleazy, stunt. To me it's a tragedy and since tragedies happened to real people every day I don't think fictional characters should be spared
    I think it boils down to events like this being marketed the way that they are. Instead of them simply being tragic events that are similar to things that could happen in real life they are reduced to an event done simply for the shock value and for the express purpose of selling more copy. In other words these types of events are sensationalized to sell books and to gain attention. The same thing could be said of character marriages or of Spiderwoman being pregnant. As an example of that you only have to look at Jason Todd's death and the 1-900 life or death vote to see it. That is were part of the issue lies. Honestly, when events like this happen in a novel it doesn't bother me at all because it fits far better into the idea of a tragedy mainly because it is not as sensationalized.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 07-18-2015 at 07:56 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

So I got my copy of The Killing Joke comic yesterday from Amazon and immediately read it. For a single issue type story, it is amazing how good it is in my opinion, but more to the point, I saw nothing in it that couldn't be adapted. While Batgirl/Barbara fans may hate it, her getting shot is no more violent than what DC has animated or adapted before (The Dark Knight Returns part two and The Flashpoint Paradox were especially violent), the only nudity was a couple butt shots (we've seen that much from Superman [clones] at least in the Doomsday movie). Compared to what I've seen in say Law and Order: SVU or other crime shows, it's no biggie. The only thing that would be a possible problem would be the little people with the weird faces, that's got to be some kind of horrible politically incorrect thing. But what happens to Barbara and Commissioner Gordon? No, we have not advanced so far in 20 years that we can't show Joker crippling one person and psychologically torturing another.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Mark Hamill is back as the Joker!
    http://collider.com/batman-the-killi...voicing-joker/

Not too big a surprise, all things considered, but good to have it announced now .

Default The Internet is back at it again with The Killing Joke

If some of you haven't noticed by now, the tumblr people are back at it with their complaining. Now they want The Killing Joke to not be filmed, because you know how people on the internet complain. These are the same people that got the Joker Variant cover pulled. This just goes to show that comicbook fans can't have nice things.

An example of someone complaining on the internet
    http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/its-time...e-killing-joke

A woman being shot, sexually assaulted, and fridged isn't exactly a "nice thing," but okay.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    An example of someone complaining on the internet
    He says with no apparent sense of irony.

Not everyone will like everything. You won't like everything someone else does.

God knows it's easy to get pissed about tumblr and what it does with fandom, I've fallne down that hole myself before, but seriously, leave it alone, you'll be happier.
    Last edited by HellHere; 07-31-2015 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    Wouldn't that be this thread?

Not everyone will like everything. You won't like everything someone else does.

God knows it's easy to get pissed about tumblr and what it does with fandom, but seriously, leave it alone, you'll be happier.
    Not liking something doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed to exist. Tumblrinas and their apologists don't seem to understand that.

Astonishing Member

Let them complain, outrage culture is slowly killing itself anyways.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory