Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC: Timm Announces "Batman: The Killing Joke" as Next Animated Project

Bruce Timm is re-teaming with director Sam Liu to adapt of Alan Moore and Brian Bolland's classic story.

Full article here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Bruce Timm is re-teaming with director Sam Liu to adapt of Alan Moore and Brian Bolland's classic story.

Full article here.
    Oh yeah! Looking forward to it!

Oh dear. "Gods and Monsters" was...not the best. I'll just steer clear of this one.

All-New Member

Will "Bad Blood" and "Titans" be in the new 52 style?

Assuming "Killing Joke" will be a faithful adaptation in the Bolland style like the Miller adaptations.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Can I pre-order this movie? I want to give it money already.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

will it be Mark Hamill as the Joker

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Oh dear. "Gods and Monsters" was...not the best. I'll just steer clear of this one.
    Why base the success of this movie, off the last one? Especially since Timm has given us far more good than bad.

Fantastic Member

Are they really going to do this? I would love to see it, but I can't even begin to imagine the sh*tstorm that will arise. Look at what happened as a result of an image made just as an homage to that story?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    He'd be ideal, but I wouldn't say no to Troy Baker, either. He did the Joker's Killing Joke monologue in the style of Hamill at comic con once and it was phenomenal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    Are they really going to do this? I would love to see it, but I can't even begin to imagine the sh*tstorm that will arise. Look at what happened as a result of an image made just as an homage to that story?
    Wasn't Timm's last movie, before God's and Monsters, UtRH? Didn't that movie show a child being abused aND tortured?

This is tame compared to that material.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Why base the success of this movie, off the last one? Especially since Timm has given us far more good than bad.
    Give me a new Dini and Timm project and you've got my interest. Likewise if there's some fresh blood for the Batwoman feature. This director, though, didn't do anything for me during his last run at the DC properties. There's a lot of entertainment media out there and I have a limited budget. So a swing and a miss is all he gets, at least until this is in the $5 bin at Best Buy or something.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post

Full article here.
    I just really hope it is a faithful adaption. I'm all on board for it if it is.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Looking forward to the Killing Joke movie, especially with Bruce Timm involved. It would be great if Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy voiced the main characters, but I'd still watch it either way.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by doesitmatter View Post
    Will "Bad Blood" and "Titans" be in the new 52 style?

Assuming "Killing Joke" will be a faithful adaptation in the Bolland style like the Miller adaptations.
    Yes, "Bad Blood" and "Titans" will be taking place in the New 52-styled animated continuity and feature the debuts of Batwoman and the Teen Titans .

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I'd be shocked if Hamill's not back for this. He's vocal about how he'll only come out of his self-imposed Joker retirement for a Killing Joke adaption, which granted didn't exactly turn out to be true, but shows just how much importance he places in working on the story.

Not to mention the iconic voice of the Joker is the best choice to voice him in an adaption of an iconic Joker story.

Invincible Member

A lot of what makes that comic work is Bolland's art. I'm wondering if it was translate to animation.