Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Default A new Death's Head book for All-New All-Different Marvel?

So, the eagle eyed among you may have noticed the following image pop up on a slide at San Diego, as part of a list of other characters who will be appearing as part of All-New All-Different Marvel:

It's not a new image (I don't think any of those were) it's by Panini UK's Simon Williams, as the cover for a trade collection a few years back.

But there can be little question.

That's DEATH'S HEAD, Yes?

Marvel's premier time, dimension and space travelling 'Freelance Peacekeeper'.

(Or Bounty Hunter, providing you don't tell him that to his face)

And he's finally coming back.

Who would people like to see writing and pencilling old Horn Head, for this new book?
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Kieron Gillen or Al Ewing would be my top picks for writer. Nick Roche would be great as artist, although that seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Kieron Gillen or Al Ewing would be my top picks for writer. Nick Roche would be great as artist, although that seems unlikely.

Yeah, I think Roche is busy elsewhere. But he would be a spot on choice. The Death's Head book he did for Revolutionary War looked awesome.

Gillen has a great handle on DH. But he's recently been saying that he was taking a bit if a break from Marvel.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Roche would be awesome if they could get him. Did he tweet Marvel about wanting to draw a DH book? Possibly landing him the gig for Revolutionary War? They should het Lanning too and just reunite the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Roche would be awesome if they could get him. Did he tweet Marvel about wanting to draw a DH book? Possibly landing him the gig for Revolutionary War? They should het Lanning too and just reunite the team.

Yes, Roche REALLY wanted to draw Death's Head. The image he posted of DH on Twitter got plenty retweets. Certainly would have played a part. I'd love to see him working on DH again.

I can distantly remember an Axel in Charge piece where he mentioned that he'd love to see what Warren Ellis or Garth Ennis could do with a property like Death's Head.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Yes, Roche REALLY wanted to draw Death's Head. The image he posted of DH on Twitter got plenty retweets. Certainly would have played a part. I'd love to see him working on DH again.

I can distantly remember an Axel in Charge piece where he mentioned that he'd love to see what Warren Ellis or Garth Ennis could do with a property like Death's Head.
    Ennis and Ellis are obviously both great writers. I guess Ellis has spread got his Marvel work picked out for the year but I'd be happy to see Ennis take a stab at it.

can't see Al doing it, much as I'd like him to, when he's doing three comics already. seems a bit much.

I'd say bring back Geoff Senior, but I think he's retired from comics work...

What's Andy Wildman up to these days?

or Leonard Kirk...
    I surrender to the Contest

Incredible Member

Would love to see Garth Ennis on this book, would make it a instant buy for me.

Have not seen him since his appearance in Superior Spiderman with the Future Foundation when he was targeting Bentley on behalf on the Time Varience Authority.

Quote Originally Posted by tahhat View Post
    Have not seen him since his appearance in Superior Spiderman with the Future Foundation when he was targeting Bentley on behalf on the Time Varience Authority.
    He appeared in the Revolutionary War event last year. Had his own titled one-shot issue. I think he popped up in some kind of annual also.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Update: Yes he last appeared in Uncanny X-Men Special #1

I didn't, but did anybody else read that?
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Well, that is interesting. Death's Head being part of All-New All-Different Marvel. I hope Death's Head II and Tuck are part of the mix too. I don't know about Spratt though.

Si Spurrier could be a good shout - I really enjoyed X-Men Legacy. If you look at what else he's written (Judge Dredd, Dr Who, Warhammer 40k) I think he could get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayguy View Post
    Well, that is interesting. Death's Head being part of All-New All-Different Marvel. I hope Death's Head II and Tuck are part of the mix too. I don't know about Spratt though.

Yes. I really liked where Revolutionary War left DH - Both incarnations and Tuck heading off together. A DH buddy book. With himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Where is Jessica Hyde? View Post
    Si Spurrier could be a good shout - I really enjoyed X-Men Legacy. If you look at what else he's written (Judge Dredd, Dr Who, Warhammer 40k) I think he could get it right.

Actually, yes. That's a pretty damn sound call!
    It Came From Darkmoor...