Super Moderator

Default SDCC: Marvel Unlocks The House Of Ideas

Ryan "Agent M" Penagos and more run through what's coming up for Marvel's games, apps, Infinite Comics and more.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Bill Rosemann and Mike Jones are the people I can blame for Marvel being so incapable of releasing a solid solo console Marvel based game as opposed to all this IOS freeimum nonsense then? I want Marvel's Arkham Knight and Injustice guys, otherwise you will continue to get trounced in the game department whilst you continue to churn out over priced 'free to play' phone and MMO crap people are already sick of. I should not be waiting until 2017's Telltale game for a solid console game, Marvel.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 07-11-2015 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Bill Rosemann and Mike Jones are the people I can blame for Marvel being so incapable of releasing a solid solo console Marvel based game as opposed to all this IOS freeimum nonsense then? I want Marvel's Arkham Knight and Injustice guys, otherwise you will continue to get trounced in the game department whilst you continue to churn out over priced 'free to play' phone and MMO crap people are already sick of. I should not be waiting until 2017's Telltale game for a solid console game, Marvel.
    Freemium can make more money.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Likewise. I miss the days Ultimate Alliance, and Activision's X-Men games. Those were great.

Rocksteady's Batman games are huge console seller level games. Yet no Marvel property has had anywhere near that kind of game made of it. In fact I can't really think of any Marvel game since Ultimate Alliance to have made any significant impact on the console scene. Pretty much the entire Xbox 360 & PS3 generation was without a major Marvel game.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Amazing Member ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Likewise. I miss the days Ultimate Alliance, and Activision's X-Men games. Those were great.

Rocksteady's Batman games are huge console seller level games. Yet no Marvel property has had anywhere near that kind of game made of it. In fact I can't really think of any Marvel game since Ultimate Alliance to have made any significant impact on the console scene. Pretty much the entire Xbox 360 & PS3 generation was without a major Marvel game.
    How did the Deadpool game did overall?

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post

Exactly so, we had UMVC3 which was decent but honestly I could care less about the Capcom types, and then the exceptionally rushed Avengers: Battle For Earth game in 2012. I think in part Marvel's problem is that outside Disney's decision to be so IOS focused, they burnt their bridges with so many game publishers. The SEGA made MCU games fell flat and as you say there' not been any game since the MUA games which has captured that much attention. Marvel needs to have solid console games without be part of another game or ironically have their best game in a while made by their rival Warner and Traveller's Tales.

I understand the desire for more console games, but it's very clear app games are here to stay. I'd like if they could do a better balance of both but the people wondering when companies will stop focusing on stuff for the iPhones will be holding their breaths for a while.

I wouldn't mind App games so much if their whole existence wasn't built on limiting progress and ability to what they can suck out of a player, one piece at a time. DLC in console games at least is done in one, but how many Marvel freemium games on IOS involve those stupid crystals which are gone in a flash? Marvel should be making a console fighting game like Injustice at least.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The app games don't need to go away. We need more console games. Hit up Capcom for a MvC4, get a good RPG developer like obsidian for a new X-Men RPG, Platinum games are making licensed games now so give them anything they want. I long for the days of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Web of Shadows, X-Men: Origins Wolverine, Punisher (Capcom and THQ game) and X-Men Legends.

I think if the console games start coming more frequently I'll be happier to see app games alongside them, or even have them interact. Marvel did apparently state it was their goal to try and rectify that issue according to Bleeding Cool, so there is hope.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/...console-games/

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I prefer for my console games to be serperate from apps. Synergy between console games and apps don't provide any substantial. Besides, I rather not play a mobile game to obtain something in the game I am interested in.