Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Grant Morrison is doing a new "Batman: Black & White" anthology

He can't let go....

This should be excellent.

On his upcoming "Black & White" project, which he calls his "final word on Batman":

I'm basically doing a "Batman: Black & White," which is my final word on Batman, probably. But I always say it's gonna be my final word on Batman. … I kind of thought it would be interesting to do a fine art Batman and maybe we'll get a couple people in there that readers will be familiar with from the comic business. Most of these people tend to do gallery shows or take photographs and it was just a way of doing a bunch of Batman stories in that black and white format and showcase a completely different type of art talent and completely different views of Batman. So somewhere we'll be doing a Batman of Zurr-en-arrh story which is one of the weirdest things you've ever seen. Different takes on Batman.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...e-multiversity

Incredible Member

YES!!!!!

Morrison on more BATMAN. The world just got a little better.

BANNED

Welcome back Morrison!

Awesome news. Wish it wasn't black and white but oh well.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

So eager to her who the artists are. I want this to get weird, to get unexpected, big or intimate and artsy in ways that Batman comics generally don't. And, hopefully, they'll take advantage of the lack of color in different ways.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    He can't let go....
    Won't be surprised if 10 years later we will still hear how this new project will be his final word on Batman.

Astonishing Member

Very happy with this.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

This is great! Also, Multiversity Too, too?! Hell yes.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

New interview with Morrison has confirmed the "daughter of Batman of Zur-En-Arrh" story will be a photocomic, there'll be a Bat-Mite story, and there'll be material by Bill Sienkiewicz and Ivan Reis.
    Buh-bye

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Great news. More Morrison Batman!

New interview with Morrison has confirmed the "daughter of Batman of Zur-En-Arrh" story will be a photocomic, there'll be a Bat-Mite story, and there'll be material by Bill Sienkiewicz and Ivan Reis.
    Link? Which interview?
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Great news. More Morrison Batman!

Link? Which interview?
    It's the latest DC All Access.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    It's the latest DC All Access.
    THANKS! Mr.10chars of max power
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-16-2015 at 06:56 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I'm always okay with Grant Morrison getting his hands on Batman! I'm very intrigued by the idea of a new Zurr-en-arrh story. If it's weird by Grant's standards then you know it's going to be truly bizarre.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I hope we get a Dick and Damian story.

My hope is that not too many are Elseworldyish. I'm hoping most (and best ones) are ones that can possibly exist in main canon/continuity.

Also, I hope it's a long ass book. As thick as the more thicker B&W volumes.