Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Still waiting . . .
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 03-04-2019 at 05:11 PM. Reason: replacing lost image

By the way, since Whedon's no longer doing that Batgirl movie, does anybody think he might, someday this century, get back to working on this project?

I'll be honest, I've given up hope of ever seeing this book. I hope I'm wrong.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    I'll be honest, I've given up hope of ever seeing this book. I hope I'm wrong.
    Oh, I'm not sure how likely it is, but anything is possible.

(Look how long a Justice League / Avengers crossover was seriously "talked about" before anything finally got published.)

It would be cool if this was resurrected at 2018's SDCC . . . though I'm not holding my breath and expecting that to happen.

Man what a disappointing update! I thought maybe there would be some news on this, or maybe even a release date!
    Read my comic series online for free!
    legendofazure.com

Quote Originally Posted by Measley View Post
    Man what a disappointing update! I thought maybe there would be some news on this, or maybe even a release date!
    Not an "update".
    If you noticed, this thread was first begun back on "07-11-2015".
    I just resurrect it every now and then to see if somebody has heard anything new or not about this.

Well MajorHoy, today's your lucky day because there's actual news on this project!
    HBO has just greenlit Joss Whedon's new TV series "The Nevers", his "most ambitious narrative" yet. What's it about? A group of female heroes set in Victorian times with superpowers.

Sounds to me like this comic project has been reworked to become this new show, right? No word yet when The Nevers begins production or will be released though, so I'm looking forward to resurrecting this thread once more in 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Well MajorHoy, today's your lucky day because there's actual news on this project!
    HBO has just greenlit Joss Whedon's new TV series "The Nevers", his "most ambitious narrative" yet. What's it about? A group of female heroes set in Victorian times with superpowers.

Sounds to me like this comic project has been reworked to become this new show, right? No word yet when The Nevers begins production or will be released though, so I'm looking forward to resurrecting this thread once more in 2020!
    Wonderful (he typed sarcastically . . . )
    I rarely watch TV; I don't get HBO; and I really wanted a comic book.
    Though I do realize a comic book could eventually be created that's based on the TV show, possibly even while I'm still alive . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wonderful (he typed sarcastically . . . )
    I rarely watch TV; I don't get HBO; and I really wanted a comic book.
    Though I do realize a comic book could eventually be created that's based on the TV show, possibly even while I'm still alive . . .
    Watch it emerge as a comic eight years from now, when The Nevers gets cancelled and it'll continue as a Buffy Season Nine style spin-off comic!

Watch it emerge as a comic eight years from now, when The Nevers gets cancelled and it'll continue as a Buffy Season Nine style spin-off comic!
    Guess I'll have to see if I'm still following comic books (or even still alive) then.

The second I saw this news, my mind went to this thread. That's how much you've kept it alive in our consciousness!

Now the question might be (seven months later): Anything new about Whedon's "The Nevers" yet?

. . . Sounds to me like this comic project has been reworked to become this new show, right? No word yet when The Nevers begins production or will be released though, so I'm looking forward to resurrecting this thread once more in 2020!
    I decided to resurrect it sooner.
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 03-04-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Most articles on the subject date back to last July when it was announced, but just under a month ago TheWrap had a minor update to report:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrap
    TheWrap asked HBO programming chief Casey Bloys on Friday during the Television Critics Association press tour where the premium cable network is with the upcoming Joss Whedon sci-fi drama series, “The Nevers,” which was first announced last July.

And here is what he had to say: “We just started. [Joss] has been writing. It’s very exciting. He’s great to work with. We’ve just started talking about names, starting auditions, things like that. So we’re just starting.”
    The series was ordered "straight to series", but I don't really know what that means other than 'we'll actually start making this'. Maybe our 2020 estimate was too hasty!
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Most articles on the subject date back to last July when it was announced . . .
    Yeah, that's what I was finding with a quick Google search.

Thanks for posting that more recent tidbit from thewrap.com.