Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Serious Batman footage in new Batman V Superman trailer

From San Diego
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=64079

Robin costume with Joker graffiti, Batman wearing a trenchcoat and googles (!!)...so is it weird my favourite part is seeing Jeremy Irons as Alfred?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Bruce Wayne, Robin Costume, Bat googles! Bat mech suit! Regular Bats kicking ass. All great
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Gawd, look at him move. He can actually turn his head and stuff.
    Affleck might end up being the best live action Batman. Fingers cross.

I love the scene with him holding the little girl really powerful
    They did a great job setting up Bruce's motivation in the trailer. I mean you have Superman being responsible for the wayne building falling and you also have the added bonus of Clark writing anti Batman articles.
    Although its nice that Alfred offers some dissent to his position on Superman.
    Best live action Batman I've seen no question

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Just take my money already.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

It definitely gives the strong impression that the feud will not be contrived. And that's pretty much all I wanted until they inevitably become partners. Nice to see Alfred being the Superman supporter too.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The million dollar question is whose Robin costume that is .

I think Iron's performance will makeup for the fact that he doesn't really look like Alfred, or at least has a more traditional Alfred look, but I do hope he still uses "Master Bruce."

We going to see the Red Hood perhaps? Joker may have killed that Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Gawd, look at him move. He can actually turn his head and stuff.
    Affleck might end up being the best live action Batman. Fingers cross.
    I think this will be the first time we'll get to see a live action Batman move like he does in the comics. Incredibly fast and powerful. As much as I loved Nolan's trilogy his Batman looked a little awkward when in action.

So, I don't have the best computer right now and it may have been the lighting, but did Joe Chill look black?

That's one bit of race bending that makes me extremely uncomfortable, if so. I'm really hoping it's the lightning. While we do live in a world where minorities don't have many options as comic book characters, making the Wayne's killer a black man doesn't seem like it's the best option to alleviate that.

I still have a lot of concerns about this movie, but this trailer made me feel more pumped than ever to see Affleck as Batman.

Keeennnnnnnnnn

Only had a chance to view the trailer once (on my mobile) but it looks like Dick gets killed in Metropolis (pretty sure Bruce is shouting 'Dick' down the phone).

Query:

The attack Bruce sees...is that the Zod heat-vision in the office building, or the fighter jet that got tossed by the gravity distortions from the pulse wave? Again, I've only seen the trailer once but when I watched it the way the beam cuts through reminded me of Zod's first use of heat vision...

Only, that was after dusk and here it's still light...

Other notes:

Curious as to the origins of Kryptonite: the World Engine crater, perhaps?

Why didn't Clark dispose of Zod's body? Naivete? Opportunity to bridge-build?

Bruce re-training. heh

Batman can move, yo!

Diana...but no Arthur

(oh, and I, too, am glad to see Thomas with a mo'!)

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Only had a chance to view the trailer once (on my mobile) but it looks like Dick gets killed in Metropolis (pretty sure Bruce is shouting 'Dick' down the phone).

Query:

The attack Bruce sees...is that the Zod heat-vision in the office building, or the fighter jet that got tossed by the gravity distortions from the pulse wave? Again, I've only seen the trailer once but when I watched it the way the beam cuts through reminded me of Zod's first use of heat vision...

Only, that was after dusk and here it's still light...

Other notes:

Curious as to the origins of Kryptonite: the World Engine crater, perhaps?

Why didn't Clark dispose of Zod's body? Naivete? Opportunity to bridge-build?

Bruce re-training. heh

Batman can move, yo!

Diana...but no Arthur

(oh, and I, too, am glad to see Thomas with a mo'!)
    I didn't really see words being articulated in Bruce's scream, it looks to me like an indiscriminate cry of anguish

Looks like heat vision tearing the building apart

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    So, I don't have the best computer right now and it may have been the lighting, but did Joe Chill look black?

That's one bit of race bending that makes me extremely uncomfortable, if so. I'm really hoping it's the lightning. While we do live in a world where minorities don't have many options as comic book characters, making the Wayne's killer a black man doesn't seem like it's the best option to alleviate that.
    It's quick and badly lit, but the hand holding the gun looks white to me. I don't think anyone wants to deal with the PR blowback on that one, I doubt they would invite that kind of controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post

No he sort of looks like a stereotypical Italian mobster if anything.