Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    It kinda has to be, because only Jason would have the balls to disobey Batman, and the reasoning, to go after the Joker on his own.
    Only?
    I don't really care which-or-if there is a Robin in this film franchise.

But isn't what you describe exactly what Dick Grayson did.
    in fact in his first appearance, sneak behind Batman's back and go after the killers on his own. Pretty much what defined the character of Robin.
    Then in Batman#1 Joker's first, again Robin (Grayson) goes after Joker alone, and role-kicks him off a building to to his death!
    I'ts only Batman who saves Joker for the "law" to deal with.
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-15-2015 at 02:48 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

With all the Red Hood adaptations we've had recently, I don't think Affleck and Johns will want to go that route and instead do something else. I think Robin (whoever it is, though I'm suspecting that it is Dick) is dead for good.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    With all the Red Hood adaptations we've had recently, I don't think Affleck and Johns will want to go that route and instead do something else. I think Robin (whoever it is, though I'm suspecting that it is Dick) is dead for good.
    I hope not, don't want to add another to the list of dead Dicks.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Under the Red hood is awell know story with proven reception in other medios so probably.

Personally I like the theory of Dick dying in the tower, Carry can easily take his part in Under the Red Hood.
    How can you write a comment like that and have a Nightwing avatar? You Sir/Madam should be ashamed of yourself.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Quote Originally Posted by Agent MM View Post
    I hope not, don't want to add another to the list of dead Dicks.
    I'm not crazy about Dick possibly being dead, but him being the one would have more of an emotional gut punch reaction for me. I can appreciate it on that level. But another part of me wants a proper film adaptation of Grayson after the abominations that were Shumacher and John Blake. He deserves it.

As long as Snyder ignores Strikes Again, I will be mostly ok with whatever he decides to do.

I don't think there's any way that damaged and burnt Robin suit is gonna belong to anyone besides Jason tbh. It'd be weird to give his plot line to a different character and I think its a story that people still wanna see in live-action, regardless of recent adaptions. Batman's solo movie is likely still a few years away as well, and that's just assuming that they do the Red Hood story first, so its not like this is necessarily right around the corner.
    Last edited by Diggy; 07-15-2015 at 07:33 PM.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    I don't think there's any way that damaged and burnt Robin suit is gonna belong to anyone besides Jason tbh. It'd be weird to give his plot line to a different character and I think its a story that people still wanna see in live-action, regardless of recent adaptions. Batman's solo movie is likely still a few years away as well, and that's just assuming that they do the Red Hood story first, so its not like this is necessarily right around the corner.
    I don't think giving the "Dead Robin" status to Dick is really out of the question. The characters have been mixed and matched before, and him being dead would be a far bigger deal, maybe even for the general audience who are more likely to know Dick's name than Jason's. And since Bruce's emotional arc in this film seems to be due in part from his grief over whatever happened to Robin, I can't see them undoing the death. It would cheapen it. We're used to that in comics, but the film continuities don't have as long a lifespan to the constant bringing back of characters isn't a necessity.

I don't think giving the "Dead Robin" status to Dick is really out of the question. The characters have been mixed and matched before, and him being dead would be a far bigger deal, maybe even for the general audience who are more likely to know Dick's name than Jason's. And since Bruce's emotional arc in this film seems to be due in part from his grief over whatever happened to Robin, I can't see them undoing the death. It would cheapen it. We're used to that in comics, but the film continuities don't have as long a lifespan to the constant bringing back of characters isn't a necessity.
    Unless Jason comes back as a villain which would keep that emotional turmoil that Bruce goes through in BVS.

In the Marvel movies Loki, Winter Soilder, and Groot died and came back in their films so I don't get how DC bringing back one dead character would lessen the emotional impact in their character's death.

Extraordinary Member

One theory I heard was to have Jason die, but then have Dick merge the Red Hood and undercover spy identities together; he's not outright antagonistic towards Batmn, but he foresakes the Nightwing name and MO out of anger at his little brother's death.

Personally, I'd prefer a more immediately comparative translations, with both Dick and Jason, and Babs in some form. Just having one Robin and killing him sounds kind of stupid to me; it'd be kind of like a pre-emptive measure to reinforce the Nolan and Bale decision that a traditional Robin was a drag on the franchise. And it would signal that whatever shape the Batman solo has, it'll either be a depressing, once-in-the-series prequel with a doomed Robin, or a "Batman flies alone" story that, quite frankly, we've seen plenty of.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

The Robin suit resembles Jason's suit,while it has Tim's staff but no pants like Dick's costume
    It could just be like a sort of all encompassing easter egg

Batman and Alfred is probably gonna be a more integral dynamic in this universe.
    I think DC is set on this Batman being locked in as far as his worldview is this is the way they want to keep the character. Resurrecting a character like Robin because Marvel does it is probably the farthest thing they want to do.
    Last edited by Nite-Wing; 07-16-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    One theory I heard was to have Jason die, but then have Dick merge the Red Hood and undercover spy identities together; he's not outright antagonistic towards Batmn, but he foresakes the Nightwing name and MO out of anger at his little brother's death.

Personally, I'd prefer a more immediately comparative translations, with both Dick and Jason, and Babs in some form. Just having one Robin and killing him sounds kind of stupid to me; it'd be kind of like a pre-emptive measure to reinforce the Nolan and Bale decision that a traditional Robin was a drag on the franchise. And it would signal that whatever shape the Batman solo has, it'll either be a depressing, once-in-the-series prequel with a doomed Robin, or a "Batman flies alone" story that, quite frankly, we've seen plenty of.
    I would like to see Dick be Nightwing and his history as Robin intact just to prove Nolan wrong. Blake was definitely a poor substitute for all the Robins, but especially Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Unless Jason comes back as a villain which would keep that emotional turmoil that Bruce goes through in BVS.

In the Marvel movies Loki, Winter Soilder, and Groot died and came back in their films so I don't get how DC bringing back one dead character would lessen the emotional impact in their character's death.
    Yeah, but what does it add exactly? His new friendship with Superman and the formation with the Justice League will likely help him move on from his grief. Don't run the story into the ground by bringing Jason back and making Bruce wallow in more angst about the incident. Just move on to other things, maybe even other Bat-Family members or something totally new altogether.

I think Marvel's tendency to have so many death fake outs have brought them criticism for not having any serious consequences for anything that happens. Coulson's back in AoS, Groot is gonna be fine, Nick Fury faked his death, not one civilian died in AoU due to Tony's actions and they're all joking by the end of it, etc. DC should be more bold and stick to their guns.

EDIT: I just learned of the Batman: Second Chances trade. They're really pushing Jason lately. So suddenly the Red Hood scenario seems more likely to me.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 07-16-2015 at 05:53 PM.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Any stills from the trailer?

The special effects company which worked on Batman v Superman released another video on its work.

Quite impressive!