Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

I HOPE the 'Zoom' is referring to Hunter Zolomon. I mean, Thawne never used that name on the show, and they said 'coming', not 'returns', so... YAY! I've always felt Hunter was a much more compelling character than Thawne. His motivation si more interesting, and I like the overall flaws in his character. Thawne's just a petty asshat.

I'm guessing the Blue Speedster is either Jay, which would tie him closer to the Speed Force, or Zoom, to differentiate him from Thawne. Hell, it gave me John Fox and Future Barry flashbacks.

I hope we get more speedsters. As much as I hate New 52 Wally, if they introduce him here with his previous backstory (pretty regular kid, strict parents, Flash fan) then I'll be alright. At least I'll get SOME version of the Wally I love. I think it'd also be cool to get Jesse Quick at some point. Maybe as a love interest for Barry even, though I'd prefer it if made that relationship like the one she had with Wally, as in she throws up a little at the suggestion they get together
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    How is Zoom different from Reverse Flash? Do they look different?
    Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Zolomon has always been my favorite of the Reverse Flashes, so I'm pumped in that aspect. He never got any kind of definitive wrap-up in the books, and was obviously posed for a comeback, given that it appeared he and Thawne were to "help one another". Whatever that meant was scrapped for the reboot. Perhaps Johns' original plans will finally find a place on the TV show. But we did just get done with an entire season of a guy in yellow being a constant, looming shadow over our hero from start to finish. Can they really do that again and make it different enough to not feel repetitive? I don't know. But between him and Jay getting introduced, count me tickled pink. They did say specifically that A LOT of new speedsters would be introduced. Give me Wally, Max, Bart, Johnny, Jesse, Tornado Twins, XS, Rival, Savitar... hell, even Inertia. Give me all the speed you've got.

For those not familiar with what separates Hunter Zolomon from other speed related characters, I strongly recommend reading Geoff Johns' first Flash run (starring Wally West). He builds up the character from scratch and gives him a really interesting quirk in that he's not really a Speedster so much as a man stuck between the seconds of time. It's really fascinating, and once it gets mixed in with time travel and the cosmic treadmill, it becomes pretty mind-blowing. And I can say without a doubt that he's one of the most frightening characters in comics. Not to spoil, but his slurred speech and use of snapping his fingers is enough to give me palpitations.

"I fit the profile".

Damn, that run has so many of my favorite moments in comics of all time. Highly recommended for those that like the show but haven't plunged into the books yet. The 3 volume omnibus that previously came out will be resubmitted in softcover coming this Fall if I'm not mistaken, so it's a great, affordable way to read up.
    What Myke said. He basically manipulates time around himself instead of actually running really fast.
    I'm convinced that most people, who hate on a comic, never read said comic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_boss View Post
    ugh, I wanted a full season of either Grodd or Rouges, not another speedster. I love Zoom but I am and will always be a Grodd man first.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunCheese View Post
    I'm right there with you, I'm all about seeing more of the Rouges! I think they did awesome with them.
    I'm sure all of the female characters will be wearing rouges that go with the rest of their makeup.

That would include any female Rogues.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

With Thawne he just wants to kill Barry because he hates him. With Zoom he wants to make the Flash suffer since he thinks that makes him a stronger hero. Zoom would rather kill someone the Flash is close to rather than kill the Flash himself to make him feel the pain of not being able to save them.

I'm definitely curious to see how the show handles Zoom, and exactly who he is.

From the Flash sizzle reel, it seems like Thawne is back somehow and says that "I'm not the one you hate" to Barry which, though I'm not really sure is accurate considering all they've gone through together, implies that Zoom is someone Barry is familiar with in the future or the original timeline.

Jay's line at the end warning Barry also seems to suggest Zoom is something that other Speedsters are aware of...maybe a Multiversal threat for all Flashes?

Eddie's body was caught in the wormhole, so maybe it's possible that it transformed him into Zoom and a modified version of Hunter Zolomon? And the blue streak is a reference to Cobalt Blue?

Extraordinary Member

Zoom is a great choice.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I'm surprised nobody has pointed out that Wally is coming in season 2.

I repeat: WALLY IS COMING! WALLY IS COMING!

BANNED

kind of hoping for Mirror Master, but everything sounds great so far

I feel like CW knew this show would do well, I don't think they expected this level of reception to it

I have friends who aren't into the genre at all liking this show

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_boss View Post
    ugh, I wanted a full season of either Grodd or Rouges, not another speedster. I love Zoom but I am and will always be a Grodd man first.
    In a recent interview, they said Grodd would be too expensive to use as the main season villain.

OK so I'm admittedly new to The Flash and DC in general, but isn't Zoom the same character as Reverse Flash?

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    kind of hoping for Mirror Master, but everything sounds great so far

I feel like CW knew this show would do well, I don't think they expected this level of reception to it

I have friends who aren't into the genre at all liking this show
    Every time I see the Flash series, I just think that this is what they should have done with the comics.

I want to see the series go cray-cray with time travel concepts, different Flashes, Flash family members, and alternate timelines.

Quote Originally Posted by TonySnark View Post
    OK so I'm admittedly new to The Flash and DC in general, but isn't Zoom the same character as Reverse Flash?
    There have been multiple characters to utilize the monikor. Since Thawne was "Reverse Flash" in season one, logic would indicate that Zoom is a different character, likely Zolomon. But if Jay Garrick's warning has anything to do with Zoom, perhaps they're taking the approach that Zoom is almost like a multiversal version of Reverse Flash. Perhaps he steals the speed of speedsters from other worlds. Who knows? I'm excited to find out the approach they take. I also hope they introduce Black Flash at some point, the Speed Force personification of death to speedsters. Perhaps there's an element of that embended in the TV iteration of Zoom. We shall simply have to wait patiently (though thankfully, unlike film sequels, its only a few months between seasons).