View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1039 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 39539939989102910351036103710381039104010411042104310491089 ... LastLast
Results 15,571 to 15,585 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I mean he kinda was tho. Its all implied but there's an implication that he hasn't slept with anyone else period for 150 years prior to saying "eff it" and going for it. And its more than just a casual thing, its some sort of ritual for the aliens. Some sort of pseudo spiritual thing. Im pretty sure the guy came as a package deal with the girl too, like he couldn't just pick one. But again it's all implied.
    But that isn't what happened. He was with them for 12 years before deciding to be a part of their union. In total he was potentially in the throuple for some 140 years, the implication he stayed with both of them for that entire time (enough time to figure out, if the first time was enough for him). And there were definitely other living beings, he could have decided to be with a woman that was unattached to another. He formed a bond and decided to enter the relationship with a man and woman for over a century. I'm not arguing if Peter is Bi or Pan, honestly it doesn't matter to me either way. But theres definitely enough evidence that supports Quill willingly entering and staying in a relationship with a man and woman while still having options not to and the possibility to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Isn't saying someone is gay/bi because they slept with another in an extreme
    /unorthodox circumstance kinda counterintuitive? Thereve been plenty of gay men who have slept with women and vice versa but still identify as gay, sometimes even choosing that over bi.

I mean if it took 150 years for you to consider a man, does that REALLY make you not straight? That's like saying a vegetarian actually isn't a vegetarian if he is stranded in a desert and eats meat to survive.
    Reread the issue, he was considering it much earlier but had hope he could get back to Gamora

And it was at the 12 year mark that he decided to spend his life with them and he spent the next 130 odd years with those two

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I don't know if you all saw, but on Twitter Star Lord and Chris Pratt are trending on Twitter because that page and the reveal went viral. Everyone's clowning Pratt because of the views of the church he attends (I believe they believe in conversion therapy, so take Pratt's involvement how you will). Wonder if it'll blow up to the point where MCU actors acknowledge/Marvel says something

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I don't know if you all saw, but on Twitter Star Lord and Chris Pratt are trending on Twitter because that page and the reveal went viral. Everyone's clowning Pratt because of the views of the church he attends (I believe they believe in conversion therapy, so take Pratt's involvement how you will). Wonder if it'll blow up to the point where MCU actors acknowledge/Marvel says something
    Not a chance that happens, nor will this story get adapted in the MCU any time soon.

If it gers more people to actually read comics of thses characters tho...

Extraordinary Member

Is Starfox considered pan now?

I think in the last Thanos he invited a male to his co-Ed orgy?

Between him, Hercules, Marvel Boy, D-Man we’re getting a lot more queer males in Avengers compared to females.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is Starfox considered pan now?

I think in the last Thanos he invited a male to his co-Ed orgy?

Between him, Hercules, Marvel Boy, D-Man we’re getting a lot more queer males in Avengers compared to females.
    Starfox was implied to be pansexual, yes, although not explicitly stated.

As for LGBT Avengers, yeah, it is a bit heavier on the male side at the moment. But the women do have Moondragon, Pod II (formerly Enigma) and Dr. Toni Ho (formerly Iron Patriot), and Valkyrie. America Chavez isn't an official Avenger but she's been on several adjacent teams including the Young Avengers, Kate's West Coast Avengers and the Ultimates. Hellcat has often been speculated to be bisexual (and her close relationships with both Valkyrie and Moondragon fuel that), and Squirrel Girl may also be bi (her friendship with Nancy was sometimes implied to be more than strictly platonic).

Galaxies Wanderer

(sorry to bring this up, but)
    why people are attacking the actor for something directed to the comic character?
    i just hate this social media so much lol

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chocomancer View Post
    why people are attacking the actor for something directed to the comic character?
    Because the publications that spread the news used Pratt's photo in the articles, despite it being a comics thing. It's also unfortunately led some MCU only neckbeard Marvel fans to harass Al Ewing on Twitter, which is unfortunate. It's an interesting but unfortunate situation to say the least. Granted, hopefully it makes some people check the book out lol
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 12-14-2020 at 04:49 PM.

BANNED

Because the publications that spread the news used Pratt's photo in the articles, despite it being a comics thing. It's also unfortunately led some MCU only neckbeard Marvel fans to harass Al Ewing on Twitter, which is unfortunate. It's an interesting but unfortunate situation to say the least. Granted, hopefully it makes some people check the book out lol
    That never happens, specially with dumb polemics. If billion dollar movies doesnt get more readers a queerbait wont do it. Pratt isn't even homophobic

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Are you the poster formerly known as spirit2011?

The queer experience is not universal. There are some people who figure out who they are, what they like, and what labels apply to them early and spend the rest of their lives never questioning that. There are also people who spend much of their lives questioning their sexuality and never quite find any label that fits, whose sexuality does evolve over time and with experience. Or people who never have reason to question what they assumed to be their sexuality until a new experience or opportunity presents itself and they change their perspective. There are many different ways for people to discover and explore their sexuality, there is no way that is more valid than any other. Your assertion that it is "forced" or "doesn't make sense" discredits the experiences of very real queer people, and it is homophobic.
    Cut me a slack. People doesn't simply turn around and decide they are gay/bi. I always kne there was something different with me since childhood. People might repress their sexuality for many reasons but they know it is there.
    Quill had zero reasons to repress himself for so long, just to give in to some rando aliens that he never met before. That is laughable

I dont know what a spirit is.
    Last edited by baxer; 12-14-2020 at 06:58 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chocomancer View Post
    Because Pratt isn't a Democrat, which means half of twitter (most notably Elliot Page) have decided that must mean he's a bigot.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    That never happens, specially with dumb polemics. If billion dollar movies doesnt get more readers a queerbait wont do it. Pratt isn't even homophobic

Cut me a slack. People doesn't simply turn around and decide they are gay/bi. I always kne there was something different with me since childhood. People might repress their sexuality for many reasons but they know it is there.
    I don't even care if Quill is bi or pan but people need to stop using their personal experience as if it is a universal truth.

I know of two who consider themselves bi now who would tell you that they never question their sexuality until they met the particular person of the same sex they found themselves attracted to both in their late twenties to early thirties.

Sexuality is a complex issue and we need to stop with this idea that people need to have always known that there was 'something different about them' when they were very young as proof of their true sexual orientation.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 12-14-2020 at 08:36 PM.

My ex boyfriend proudly claimed he was gay, but would regularly have sex with women “when there wasn’t anything else around”.

Let people define their own sexuality. Which means, for fictional chafacters, we just have to take it as it’s explicitly written. Which sucks sometimes, but it is what it is.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Because Pratt isn't a Democrat, which means half of twitter (most notably Elliot Page) have decided that must mean he's a bigot.
    I don't have personal feelings about Pratt one way or the other but people have been hating him on social media for dumb reasons long before they found out he was not a Democrat or conservative, the Page spat has just added fuel to the fire.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 12-14-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I don't have personal feelings about Pratt one way or the other but people have been hating him on social media for dumb reasons long before they found out he was not a Democrat or conservative, the Page spat has just added fuel to the fire.
    I also don't have personal feelings about Pratt himself, but the situation with Page was specifically about the church he attends, because that church has ties to harmful anti-LGBTQ messages. Its disingenuous to straw man that situation as "he isn't a Democrat" when there is valid criticism being made there.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

He goes to the same church as Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber and the Kardashians. Catholic church is homophobic too but nobody asks Colbert to recant his faith

The Democrat thing is absolutely relevant when the most recent outburst of hate for him is when he didn't do a Democrat fundraiser that featured some other Parks and Rec cast members. He didn't tell people not to vote for Biden or wore a MAGA hat or anything, he just wasn't at the fundraiser.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 12-14-2020 at 09:05 PM.