View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 977 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 47787792796797397497597697797897998098198710271077 ... LastLast
Results 14,641 to 14,655 of 16966
    Ultimate Member

I hope they reveal that these supposed doubles are the originals.

I dislike using alternates to replace the originals and frankly, given how alternates are used as cannon fodder, I keep expecting them to fall into a blender

Astonishing Member

Oh, something I meant to mention in the Week In Gay post....its not Marvel-related, but the latest volume of Empowered came out last week! The book has multiple LGBT characters, a few of whom had very important roles in this volume. There were also some big reveals in the backstory of the Emp-verse and some of its characters.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Avengers: Loki Unleashed - one shot by Roger Stern and Ron Lim set back during Stern's classic AVENGERS run shortly after the "Siege Of Avengers Mansion" storyline. Not really Loki's best showing ever, but a fun read for old school Avengers fans.

Black Panther #16 - Taku is a supporting character in this run, and apparently Ayo and Aneka are in this issue. I haven't been following the "Intergalactic Empire Of Wakanda" storyline though so I don't know if these are the regular continuity versions of these characters or not.

Captain America #14 - Toni Ho has a cameo appearance

New Mutants: War Children - one-shot by Claremont and Sienkiewicz set during their classic NEW MUTANTS run. Karma is part of the cast.

Strikeforce #1 - new series starts here with Wiccan and Angela as part of the team. Satana also has a cameo.

Superior Spider-Man #11 - Skein and Max Modell both have blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameos.

Did I miss anything?

Astonishing Member

Today's FUTURE FOUNDATION #3 spoilers:
    reveals not only the circumstances of Rikki Barnes' return, but also revealed that Toni Ho was her girlfriend & was killed {BTS} during the SECRET WARS by the Maker....!!!
    end of spoilers

It's also revealed that
    spoilers:
    Rikki and Becky from Exiles where one and the same. So she also dated Valkyrie from that series, before being killed by either The Maker or The Griever and being "reborn" as a new version of Rebecca Barnes.
    end of spoilers

Phyla and Moondragon are sticking around in Al Ewing's new Guardians series.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Phyla and Moondragon are sticking around in Al Ewing's new Guardians series.

Noh-Varr is there too, so that makes three.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Noh-Varr is there too, so that makes three.
    And in Ewing's story for this year's GOTG ANNUAL he hinted that Avril Kincaid (Quasar III) may still be alive, so we can likely expect that thread to be followed up in his run as well. She may not join the team, but its another LGBT character who is likely to turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    And in Ewing's story for this year's GOTG ANNUAL he hinted that Avril Kincaid (Quasar III) may still be alive, so we can likely expect that thread to be followed up in his run as well. She may not join the team, but its another LGBT character who is likely to turn up.
    Agreed. They really should bring Avril back. Her death serves no purpose to her story or the overall story. It was just for a “big moment”.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Ok so there are alleged plot leaks for The Eternals from 4chan that are on Reddit right now, they claim Brian Tyree Henry is playing the gay character. Obviously take it with a grain of salt but the fact that they're claiming Phastos is the gay character when no official sources have confirmed that seems significant to me.

Openly gay actor Haaz Sleiman has apparently joined filming for The Eternals, it's unconfirmed who he's playing but considering that he's openly gay people are speculating that he's playing the gay character's husband.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 10-05-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Ok so there are alleged plot leaks for The Eternals from 4chan that are on Reddit right now, they claim Brian Tyree Henry is playing the gay character. Obviously take it with a grain of salt but the fact that they're claiming Phastos is the gay character when no official sources have confirmed that seems significant to me.

Openly gay actor Haaz Sleiman has apparently joined filming for The Eternals, it's unconfirmed who he's playing but considering that he's openly gay people are speculating that he's playing the gay character's husband.
    I thought the gay character would be Richard Madden.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Black Cat #5

Champions #10 - final issue

Fantastic Four #15 - new LGBT characters introduced as members of The Unparalleled, the superhero team of Spyre.

Future Foundation #3 - plenty of LGBT characters and reveals in this one.

House Of X #6 - LGBT mutants visible in group party scene

Runaways #25

Marvel Comics #1001 - a couple of LGBT characters made appearances

Thanos: The Infinity Conclusion - Starfox is one of the lead characters, in this graphic novel that concludes Jim Starlin's final cosmic trilogy with Marvel.

Did I miss anything?
    Last edited by Dermie; 10-05-2019 at 09:07 PM. Reason: typo

I'm very skeptical that anyone has concrete plot leaks when the movie has only just begun shooting.

Bling! will be returning in Fallen Angels (seems to be around #5).

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    I thought the gay character would be Richard Madden.
    Most people did but that was mostly based on the rumours about Richard Madden's personal life.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I'm very skeptical that anyone has concrete plot leaks when the movie has only just begun shooting.
    The "plot leaks" were mostly just character descriptions, it's the fact that they outright state that Brian Tyree Henry is playing the gay character when that was previously nothing more than an anonymous claim on one gay gossip website and some vague hinting from one film critic that seems to give the "leaks" some possible credibility. I'm definitely regarding it with skepticism too but I won't be surprised if Phastos ends up being the gay character so that Ikaris can still be the straight white male lead to appease certain types of people.