View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 930 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4308308809209269279289299309319329339349409801030 ... LastLast
Results 13,936 to 13,950 of 16971

Homeboy has been retroactively removed from people's dating histories.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Interesting that Joel Kim booster and Bowen yang both auditioned but didn’t know what they were auditioning for.

Honestly I’m so excited. I think this is a wonderful opportunity

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    So Kelly Thompson just really never read anything involving Kate before Fraction or Gillen right?
    Keep in mind that no one involved in that conversation, besides Kate, actually knew Eli or his and Kate's relationship. Noh-Varr encountered him once, briefly, while mind controlled. None of the others ever met him at all.

The "I've never dated anyone straight" comment was just Kate poking fun at her two most recent lover boyfriends being bi. It wasn't meant to be an actual official statement of Kate's entire dating history.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Keep in mind that no one involved in that conversation, besides Kate, actually knew Eli or his and Kate's relationship. Noh-Varr encountered him once, briefly, while mind controlled. None of the others ever met him at all.

The "I've never dated anyone straight" comment was just Kate poking fun at her two most recent lover boyfriends being bi. It wasn't meant to be an actual official statement of Kate's entire dating history.
    So basically Kate's forgotten that Eli ever existed?

anyway Ramone and Fuse need to be New Avengers or backup Champions or supporting characters in the BP
    run. They need to be SOMEWHERE.

Astonishing Member

No, that is the opposite of what I said. Kate was making a joke about it -- she was not seriously saying that she has never dated anyone straight. Eli is still straight and he still exists, and no one has forgotten him. But mentioning him (or her flirting with Speed, or the one night stand she had with a guy in Lemire's run, etc) would not fit the joke being made, so they weren't referenced.

It's just not funny.

Between her vampire mother, her supervillain father and the fact that I can't remember the last time she even mentioned that she has a sister, she just isn't recognizable as the same character anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    anyway Ramone and Fuse need to be New Avengers or backup Champions or supporting characters in the BP
    run. They need to be SOMEWHERE.
    I really like them. Ramone has such a cool design.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I really like them. Ramone has such a cool design.
    Yes I am surprised by just how much and just how quickly these siblings grew on me from the Hawkeye solo to now. Such welcome additions to this community.

Incredible Member

It's just not funny.

Between her vampire mother, her supervillain father and the fact that I can't remember the last time she even mentioned that she has a sister, she just isn't recognizable as the same character anymore
    I agree 100% remember how on Young Avengers she was supposed to be the normal member of the team with no real connections to other Avengers. I really hate the retconning they've done with her sonce they changed the idea her mother was a good charitable person before she died but nope if youre a relative to a superhero and rich you're automatically evil.

Astonishing Member

She had to. The rights to Eli are wrapped up in a convoluted legal mess and marvel cant clame ownership or use him anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I agree 100% remember how on Young Avengers she was supposed to be the normal member of the team with no real connections to other Avengers. I really hate the retconning they've done with her sonce they changed the idea her mother was a good charitable person before she died but nope if youre a relative to a superhero and rich you're automatically evil.
    What did they retcon?
    Her mother was a good charitable person. She became a vampire
    And Kate(?) doesn't have "real connections to other Avengers".
    She works with them now...but all of them do or have.

It's just not funny.

Yeah, Kate has not been recognizable since Gillen and Fraction got their hands on her.

And doubt anyone 'forgot' or retconned Eli. Honestly it was just a stupid joke in the comic along the same lines as America's last line to Kate in the last YA run.

But that said, I wouldn't be bothered if they did run with this and have Tommy Shepherd and Eli Bradley revealed as Bi thanks to this. It wouldn't be the first time we got an LGBT character from a bad joke.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Okay so I just watched Captain Marvel and I'm kinda surprised that no-one has mentioned there's a male Kree warrior who says to another male Kree warrior; "objectively you're quite handsome". Now granted that's not really much to go on in terms of discerning whether a character should be considered gay or bisexual but honestly that's how I think movie studios are going to (half-heartedly) try to incorporate LGBT characters, with ambiguous throwaway lines like that.

Yeah I was wondering that myself. He could have just been joking but it’s an interesting line