View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 874 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 374774824864870871872873874875876877878884924974 ... LastLast
Results 13,096 to 13,110 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    True. I feel like Angela, Iceman and America should be options. But that would mean excluding 3 other characters, which is never cool. If we get a new thread, I guess it would be just easier to ditch the ''official'' poll and just create a free type of poll in the first page just asking posters who their favorite character is and updating it each time someone posts a vote. This way, no one's favorite has to be left out.
    I'd say drop Anole, Bling!, Cullen, and Prodigy, and add America, Angela, Iceman, and "Other."

Either way, my vote still goes to Karma. Forever.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Doing some quick Googling, and it looks to me like it probably was this latest issue that had the error. A Newsarama article says it was the July 4 issue, but it also shows the missing page, and it couldn't possibly have been from that one.
    That was my reaction as well. Good. I will look forward to getting the issue in a week or two then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    So I'm pretty sure the Newsarama article just got mixed up, which is understandable given how goddamn atrocious the naming of this mini is. Seriously, how did they make it so complicated? You've got Marvel Rising #0, Marvel Rising: Squirrel Girl/Ms. Marvel #1, Marvel Rising, Ms. Marvel/Squirrel Girl #1, and I think there's another issue but I forget the name. That is stupid. That is needlessly confusing. Marvel Rising #1-4 would've made actual sense, but nope, Marvel, for some inexplicable reason, chose to make things as complicated as they possibly could.
    I agree the numbering and naming is way too confusing. When I was first reading about it in the solicits, at first I didn't realize it was a miniseries--I thought it was a one-shot that kept getting re-solicited. lol

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Deleted scene from Deadpool 2 with Wade, Ellie and Yukio.

Did anyone talk about the fantastic four #1 preview yet? cause if you read it, it seems like johnny storm might be gay or bisexual.

Hello, everyone! Long-time lurker here (as in: for years), thought this would be a friendlier thread to come back to. I really hope Marvel LGBT+ characters continue to shine and get created, as the most widely known ones have tended to be amazing. Can's wait to continue the discussion with everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Knight27 View Post
    Did anyone talk about the fantastic four #1 preview yet? cause if you read it, it seems like johnny storm might be gay or bisexual.
    I had to Google who this Wyatt person was and figure out I actually knew him, but yeah, upon first read I think I counted 3 occasions of him and Johnny casually and almost absent-mindedly holding each other. Not a bad look on either, if I do say so myself. I wouldn't hold my breath for a coming out story, even if the character IS narcissistic enough to go for anyone attractive who wants him (reductive, yes, but also not entirely untrue, LOL) and the prospect of a meta-infused conversation with Iceman sounds extremely funny (though it could go south if written badly). Slott can keep teasing us with the fine-drawn fictional bros, it'll make the run even more enjoyable, as that first issue was great for many things.

Also, changing gears to an actual LGBT+ character: What's Living Lightning's current status after No Surrender? He back in Non-Magik-Limboland? (I know a Google search is logical, but help a guy out here).

Nah, it's just us being delusional.

I really, really doubt we're getting gay Johnny out of this run. Bicurious, if we're really lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Hello, everyone! Long-time lurker here (as in: for years), thought this would be a friendlier thread to come back to. I really hope Marvel LGBT+ characters continue to shine and get created, as the most widely known ones have tended to be amazing. Can's wait to continue the discussion with everyone!
    Hello and welcome to the thread!

Also, changing gears to an actual LGBT+ character: What's Living Lightning's current status after No Surrender? He back in Non-Magik-Limboland? (I know a Google search is logical, but help a guy out here).
    Yes, I'm pretty sure he's been in editorial limbo ever since No Surrender, which is the sad reality of most LGBTQ characters.

Astonishing Member

I really, really doubt we're getting gay Johnny out of this run. Bicurious, if we're really lucky.
    Yeah, full-on gay Johnny just would not fit. I mean, sure, there are closeted guys who act as womanizers before coming out....but I just can't see that for Johnny. Bisexual--with a strong preference towards women? That would work, if Marvel would want to go there.

But I think your "bicurious" option is probably the most likely scenario--the FF are known as explorers, so perhaps Johnny is embracing that spirit of 'exploration' when it comes to sex. He already does, in terms of pursuing alien women...so it wouldn't be a HUGE leap.

Dan Slott is a very continuity minded writer, so I wouldn't be shocked if at some point he decided to address the whole Johnny/Daken thing--and perhaps confirm Marjorie Liu's intent that those two did sleep together, and then explain/justify it as Johnny 'exploring'. We'll see. I think the book has enough on its plate right now with bringing back the missing members and re-establishing the family and the direction of the book before they get into anything like that.

Yes, I'm pretty sure he's been in editorial limbo ever since No Surrender, which is the sad reality of most LGBTQ characters.
    And, frankly, the status of most of the Avengers members since "No Surrender" ended. A few of them have started to crop up here and there in guest appearances or supporting roles, but Miguel is just one of many who is drifting around waiting for someone to use them. Its a shame--he was given such a great build up in "No Surrender"; its too bad that is being allowed to go to waste.

A gay Johnny storm would be pretty hot no pun intended
    CC6F0E1D-F573-487A-A75E-ECA18D189D0A.jpg

I reckon we might see some gay aliens etc. it’s a good opportunity to admire what has happened before but also to go boldly into the future. I would hate if it was just the same old same old stuff

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Welcome!

We had a much higher chance of Kitty being revealed as bisexual, but alas that was not to be. So I don't think we're headed in that direction for Johnny...

We have some LGBTQ mutants showing up on the first promotional art for Uncanny X-Men: Disassembled. Here's hoping they are actually appearing in the book and aren't there just for show.

I'm slightly bitter about Karma not being on that teaser. But hey, definitely looks like Bunn's declaration of Eye-Boy being dead is being totally ignored.

Anyway, The Week In Gay. It's another short week.

Exiles #6 has Valkyrie, and while her love of the ladies doesn't get highlighted, her love of mead gets a great moment.

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #35 has background Koi Boi.

Champions #23 has Viv, maybe, depending on whether or not Zub actually has her come out as anything.

And that's it, from what I can gather.

We have some LGBTQ mutants showing up on the first promotional art for Uncanny X-Men
    The artist said that he was told to draw "all of the X-Men", so while I'm hoping this is representative of the cast, I'm also prepared to be disappointed.

Something interesting I saw courtesy of Dthirds3 in the X-23 thread (http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post3838886)

https://twitter.com/MrCraigKyle/stat...73194811727872

Obviously, Craig Kyle hasn't been involved with Laura in the comics for a long while, but it's interesting to note, especially with Gabby's exploring of her sexuality. Laura absolutely could still be figuring things out though, she's young and been through a lot that could distract from/confuse her awareness of her own sexuality.

I've recently come to thinking that Laura and Illyana could be an amazing couple, especially with Gabby involved if she could still work with Illyana. Gay goth-y murder moms with a bizarrely happy teen and her pet wolverine.

Thanks everyone for the welcome !

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Dan Slott is a very continuity minded writer, so I wouldn't be shocked if at some point he decided to address the whole Johnny/Daken thing--and perhaps confirm Marjorie Liu's intent that those two did sleep together, and then explain/justify it as Johnny 'exploring'. We'll see. I think the book has enough on its plate right now with bringing back the missing members and re-establishing the family and the direction of the book before they get into anything like that.
    I do need to read that Johnny/Daken issue, for science(!!!).

In all seriousness, it would be neat if Slott decided to take that route eventually. But I sincerely believe he needs to re-build and re-establish the FF as the tentpole MU team that they are and should always be, by getting them together and setting up the new team status quo and overall raison-d'etre. THEN he could really should start delving into them as indviduals and other relationships, which is where (I think) he should work on Sue's character and prominence, which I think has been criminally ignored, as even though she's not a wise-cracker like Johnny and Ben or A Big Brain like Reed she still can bring a lot to the table.

Personally, as a gay guy, I think HT coming out as anything would come too far off the left field, even considering the Daken thing (unlike Iceman, whose writing over the decades seemed like unintentional subtext and then, in the last 20 years or so, plain ol' subtext). I'd be more than happy if they did make Johnny gay or bi, as it could lead to some juicy storytelling and bisexuals in general need more visibility IMO, but the idea of having to actively ignore the whining online makes my head hurt, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    And, frankly, the status of most of the Avengers members since "No Surrender" ended. A few of them have started to crop up here and there in guest appearances or supporting roles, but Miguel is just one of many who is drifting around waiting for someone to use them. Its a shame--he was given such a great build up in "No Surrender"; its too bad that is being allowed to go to waste.
    I can't believe this actually happened. I didn't finish No Surrender, but really hoped they would do more with most of that cast instead of sending off to limbo again. Really sucks for Miguel, being introduced and brought into the fold with the big guns only to be shoved aside (again). Lets hope they get to fixing that soon-ish.
    Last edited by FeniSam; 08-11-2018 at 12:22 PM.