View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1003 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 350390395399399910001001100210031004100510061007101310531103 ... LastLast
Results 15,031 to 15,045 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    They just split the characters. Her children and Billy/Tommy just become different characters.
    Yeah let's introduce two twin boys with essentially the same powers as Wanda and Pietro, after Wanda also had twins on her show, but say they have nothing to do with her, cause that won't seem weird at all... Especially when anyone can google and see that in the comics they are indeed her resurrected kids.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah let's introduce two twin boys with essentially the same powers as Wanda and Pietro, after Wanda also had twins on her show, but say they have nothing to do with her, cause that won't seem weird at all... Especially when anyone can google and see that in the comics they are indeed her resurrected kids.
    But that is you saying that as a fan. The MCU has shyed away from anything too complex or too steeped in continuity and just streamlined it.

I could see then streamlining her twins to just being part of that story and having these twins (assuming they even bother with Tommy, they could just have Billy) be nothing more than kids with powers, maybe sharing an origin with Wanda and Pietro through Infinity Gem magic...and that be the extent of the connection.

I'm not saying they should or I'd like it, I'm just saying I could see them doing it to make it simple for MCU only fans who have no interest in the comics or researching characters.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Actor claims Marvel shot a gay kiss for The Eternals.
    http://www.newnownext.com/haaz-sleim...power/02/2020/

Now whether or not that actually stays in the movie...

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    They just split the characters. Her children and Billy/Tommy just become different characters.
    They're almost certainly just gonna use reality warping or something to justify the kids being teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    https://twitter.com/LucianoVecchio/s...07571208032257

Not sure what exactly that means, but it sounds like Luciano Vecchio is working on some queer-themed story for Marvel Voices #1.
    He just posted a teaser

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Oh wow. Not only did he confirm what we suspected, that he's playing the gay character's husband, but also that Brian Tyree Henry's Phastos is indeed the gay character. Marvel still hasn't even confirmed that, and Brian still hasn't officially come out of the closet yet either. It figures that they would wait so long that another actor let it slip in an interview.

And yeah, it'll be interesting to see how much of this scene makes it into international cuts of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Nice. When was the last time Striker showed up?

Nice. When was the last time Striker showed up?
    Just in the background, he showed up at the end of Bendis' run on Miles as part of the secret new SHIELD thing.
    Speaking...getting killed off on Battleworld in that stupid zombie book.

not a bad word about the seminal bloodstone story in my house
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    not a bad word about the seminal bloodstone story in my house
    Its a shame that Elsa seems to have lost the magic hand she got in that mini

I don't like those earrings on Billy.
    They look too ostentatious for him. Too big and too bright.
    #EmmaWasRight

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I don't like those earrings on Billy.
    They look too ostentatious for him. Too big and too bright.
    Agreed, and yet I do like that they are different, and that he doesn't wear the same damned thing every single day, like so many other superhero types. So boring! I'd prefer that a hero *occasionally* wear something I hate, if only to mix it up.

Just, not, yanno, this.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Nice to finally have a confirmation as to who the gay character is. And great to know a kiss was shot; hopefully it won't be cut. I mean, I'm sure it will inevitably be cut in some countries, but hopefully not in the ones that are actually allowed to show it. I wonder if the actor was supposed to reveal that much... 'cause if they end up cutting the scene, everyone will know it now.

Speaking of queer rep in the MCU, did you guys see the recent interview with Taika Waititi about Valkyrie's sexuality on the upcoming Thor film? It didn't exactly fill me with hope, to be honest. It felt like he was already trying to come up with an excuse in case it doesn't happen... maybe they're waiting to see the reception for Eternals.

So it looks like it's going to be a story with various LGBTQ characters getting together for some reason. I wonder what the context for this will be. It would be cool if it was something similar to how Greg Pak first gathered the asian heroes for his Totally Awesome Hulk book (which later led to the current Agents Of Atlas), with the queer heroes gathering for some common cause, and maybe forming a team in the process.

Not a fan of a gay team. Imo that defeats what we, as in the gay community, have been working to achieve. Equality. If the team is separated from the normal teams it is not equal. However, when there are 1 or 2 or however many gay heroes in a normal team such as the X-Men or the Avengers it shows that Marvel is accepting and politically correct. All I've wanted is to be accepted into society, not cast away and forced to be with people my own kind away from the main stage.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/etern..._campaign=test

THIS IS HUGEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Not a fan of a gay team. Imo that defeats what we, as in the gay community, have been working to achieve. Equality. If the team is separated from the normal teams it is not equal. However, when there are 1 or 2 or however many gay heroes in a normal team such as the X-Men or the Avengers it shows that Marvel is accepting and politically correct. All I've wanted is to be accepted into society, not cast away and forced to be with people my own kind away from the main stage.
    Girl what......

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    If this was the *only* gay content in the Marvel universe, then yeah, I'd hate it, just as I'd not like it if every Asian character had to be carted off to the 'Asians of Atlas' team. But that's not the case for Asian characters, as Karma, Kwannon, Jubilee, etc. function just fine on other teams, and even if there ends up being a story where a bunch of gay characters team up for some reason, that doesn't mean that Northstar, Iceman, Karolina Dean, etc. are going to be forced to join them at that end of the bus.

More variety is cool, and that includes not just some LGBT characters scattered about on various teams and books, and some hanging out with each other, for the occasional story. We've had an all-Asian team, an all-black 'Crew,' and at least three all-women teams (Fearless Defenders, A-Force, one of the X-Men lineups), as well as *many* all-teenager or all-mutant teams. I don't think a group of gay characters getting together is a bad thing.