View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 979 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 47987992996997597697797897998098198298398910291079 ... LastLast
Results 14,671 to 14,685 of 16966
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Ultimately I think that bringing Xavin back would throw a giant axe into the story that Rowell is trying to tell with Nico and Karolina too. Xavin was inarguably the love of Karolina's life, and then having them come back after Karolina finally got a chance with her first crush... that'd be even messier than 19 year old Chase being in love with sixteen year old Gert.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And yeah, tying it to the possible upcoming Hulkling 'King of Space' bit could be fun. Two prominent Skrulls, two prominent teen LGBT characters, they have a surprising amount in common, for being completely independently created.
    I mean, the Runaways/Young Avengers crossovers pretty much established a solid connection between Xavin and Hulkling. If I remember correctly, Xavin came from a branch of Skrull royalty that actually liked Teddy and saw him as their future savior. And that was long before the whole King Of Space thing was ever established. In a way, Xavin was the precursor to that New Avengers storyline, since they were the first hint we had about an alien society who believed Teddy had a bigger cosmic purpose. It makes perfect sense to tie them to this new storyline. If there's anyone who would fully support Teddy on this cosmic endeavor, it would be Xavin. Plus, it would be nice for him to hang out with someone he's actually familiar with, assuming he won't have Billy or other Young Avengers going to space with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Ultimately I think that bringing Xavin back would throw a giant axe into the story that Rowell is trying to tell with Nico and Karolina too. Xavin was inarguably the love of Karolina's life, and then having them come back after Karolina finally got a chance with her first crush... that'd be even messier than 19 year old Chase being in love with sixteen year old Gert.
    I wasn't going to say anything, but since you did it, yeah, I agree: I think Deanoru may be the reason why Rowell is avoiding Xavin in her run. It's not like it was with Julie, who had little to no development as Karolina's girlfriend before. Xavolina was actually one of the most solid couples in the Runaways books, so bringing Xavin back would be a lot more complicated to deal with. It makes me a little upset, but I also respect Rowell for not throwing Xavin under the bus just to keep her ship alive. It's better to leave that to another writer than to ruin it for the fans of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I mean, the Runaways/Young Avengers crossovers pretty much established a solid connection between Xavin and Hulkling. If I remember correctly, Xavin came from a branch of Skrull royalty that actually liked Teddy and saw him as their future savior. And that was long before the whole King Of Space thing was ever established. In a way, Xavin was the precursor to that New Avengers storyline, since they were the first hint we had about an alien society who believed Teddy had a bigger cosmic purpose. It makes perfect sense to tie them to this new storyline. If there's anyone who would fully support Teddy on this cosmic endeavor, it would be Xavin. Plus, it would be nice for him to hang out with someone he's actually familiar with, assuming he won't have Billy or other Young Avengers going to space with him.
    I think that something interesting could be Xavin representing his Skrull heritage and either Noh-Var or Phyla representing his Kree heritage. Just so that we have that symbolic representation of both his people supporting him equally and him not favoring one over the other.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Gwenpool Strikes Back #3 of 5 - This issue has several superheroes in swimsuits running around, and Gwen clearly 'shipping a Cap/Bucky pairing when seeing them side by side in swimsuits.

Loki #4

Magnificent Ms Marvel #8 - Zoe is captured along with Ms. Marvel and Nakia

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #49 - More of Koi Boi and Nancy

Did I miss anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

Gwenpool Strikes Back #3 of 5 - This issue has several superheroes in swimsuits running around, and Gwen clearly 'shipping a Cap/Bucky pairing when seeing them side by side in swimsuits.

Loki #4

Magnificent Ms Marvel #8 - Zoe is captured along with Ms. Marvel and Nakia

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #49 - More of Koi Boi and Nancy

Did I miss anything?
    The backup in Aero revealed Sea Hunter was in a relationship with a Sirena named Carina.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    I think that something interesting could be Xavin representing his Skrull heritage and either Noh-Var or Phyla representing his Kree heritage. Just so that we have that symbolic representation of both his people supporting him equally and him not favoring one over the other.
    Ooh, I like that! Noh and Teddy are too of my favorites from this generation of young heroes. (Xavin, not so much, but I'm prepared to be won over!)

Rowell's narrative (with respect) is moving at a snail's pace.
    NEXT!
    It is my dream to see Teddy flanked by Xavin & Noh-Varr as his respective Skrull & Kree consultants/advisers, whilst navigating the King of Space experience.

Now I'm very, very happy to see this thread is still alive and kicking. Any Wiccan updates, or "must buy" stories? Or Iceman? OR any awesome new gay characters I've missed? I haven't bought a comic in nearly two years? Has it been that long? Looking to get back into TPBs. Thanking you, in advance. x
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Now I'm very, very happy to see this thread is still alive and kicking. Any Wiccan updates, or "must buy" stories? Or Iceman? OR any awesome new gay characters I've missed? I haven't bought a comic in nearly two years? Has it been that long? Looking to get back into TPBs. Thanking you, in advance. x
    Hey there Kieran, welcome back! It's been 84 years lol.

Billy and Teddy are on the Death's Head mini. And Billy is also part of the new "Strikeforce" team. Iceman is gonna be on the "Marauders" series launching soon, you should read HOX/POX to get in touch with what's going on with the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Hey there Kieran, welcome back! It's been 84 years lol.

Billy and Teddy are on the Death's Head mini. And Billy is also part of the new "Strikeforce" team. Iceman is gonna be on the "Marauders" series launching soon, you should read HOX/POX to get in touch with what's going on with the X-Men.
    Ah okay, thank-you. Follow up questions:
    1) what's Strikeforce? Is it a mini or a series, who's the writer and what's the cast? Also does he have a good role?
    2) what's happening in the X-verse right now? The overall story formula?
    3) ohhhhh Iceman on the "Marauders"? Noice! Who's the writer and what's the cast?
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Ah okay, thank-you. Follow up questions:
    1) what's Strikeforce? Is it a mini or a series, who's the writer and what's the cast? Also does he have a good role?
    2) what's happening in the X-verse right now? The overall story formula?
    3) ohhhhh Iceman on the "Marauders"? Noice! Who's the writer and what's the cast?
    1) Strikeforce is an ongoing. I actually haven't read the first issue yet, but seems like there's a good paneltime distribution for the team and Billy is mentioned in solicits for next issues. Written by Toni Howard who's also doing Death's Head.That's the cast.

2) Honestly you're just gonna have to read HOX/POX(House of X/Powers of X), it's like the biggest status-quo change for mutants since ever.

3) Gerry Duggan. The team.

One more question, not really LGBT+ related... any news on Thunderbolts? Esp. Moonstone!

1) Strikeforce is an ongoing. I actually haven't read the first issue yet, but seems like there's a good paneltime distribution for the team and Billy is mentioned in solicits for next issues. Written by Toni Howard who's also doing Death's Head.That's the cast.
    Ohhhh cool cast! Love all of them, and YEY Angela!!! I assume it's a magic based comic?

2) Honestly you're just gonna have to read HOX/POX(House of X/Powers of X), it's like the biggest status-quo change for mutants since ever.
    I'm intrigued. It needed a huge shift. I'll research!

3) Gerry Duggan. The team.
    Is that... EMMA FROST??? My gorgeous Emma is back? What a cast! Emma, STORM!!! Love it, and is that Pyro Pyro? The original? Wow, okay, that very much ticks all the boxes.

As far as I’m aware it’s the new Pyro. Simon Lasker. He’s a former hookup of Iceman’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    As far as I’m aware it’s the new Pyro. Simon Lasker. He’s a former hookup of Iceman’s.
    It's the original.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-the-marauders

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG190891
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

One more question, not really LGBT+ related... any news on Thunderbolts? Esp. Moonstone!
    Sort of? Nothing in terms of the team having their own book again, but some of the characters have been around.

Zemo has been an ongoing character in Matt Rosenberg's PUNISHER series, and in the final arc he assembled a new Thunderbolts team (Moonstone, Ghost, Radioactive Man, Fixer and Jigsaw) to hunt Punisher down.

A few months ago there was a GIANT-MAN miniseries that teamed up four size-changing heroes: Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Giant-Man (Raz, the new gay Giant-Man), Goliath (Tom Foster) and Atlas. Moonstone also appeared in that mini.

And Atlas also appeared in the latest issue of GWENPOOL - where he was one of several heroes running around in nothing but a skimpy swimsuit.