View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1119 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1196191019106911091115111611171118111911201121112211231129 ... LastLast
Results 16,771 to 16,785 of 16974

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

19 new books this week...including the annual Pride one-shot!

Amazing Spider-Man #27 - Black Cat appears in the issue.

Captain Marvel #50 - the final issue of Kelly Thompson's landmark run on Carol's book! America Chavez is one of the many cameos in the issue, but she doesn't have any dialogue.

Marvel's Voices: Pride 2023 - featured characters include Gwenpool, Black Cat, Web-Weaver and Jumbo Carnation; multiple new queer characters are introduced here, plus Nadia Van Dyne's asexuality is finally confirmed on-panel.

X-23: Deadly Regenesis #4 of 5 - Haymaker is non-binary

The X-Cellent #4 of 5 - Vivisector and Girl Joe appear.

And for the digital comics....

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #54 - Aaron Fischer's arc concludes...with a significant status quo change for Aaron!

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #57 - Ayo and Aneka (the Midnight Angels) are the stars of this issue
    I guess Jeremy Whitley won twice.

Astonishing Member

Its not like it hadn't been addressed in her solo book at all. When Jarvis had asked her about boys, Nadia made it clear that she was not interested in anyone romantically. Its just that Nadia was such a new character at that point and the wording was somewhat ambiguous, it wasn't explicitly clear that Nadia was asexual as opposed to possibly being a lesbian. This story finally gave him the chance to clear up the confusion once and for all on-panel.

Its not like it hadn't been addressed in her solo book at all. When Jarvis had asked her about boys, Nadia made it clear that she was not interested in anyone romantically. Its just that Nadia was such a new character at that point and the wording was somewhat ambiguous, it wasn't explicitly clear that Nadia was asexual as opposed to possibly being a lesbian. This story finally gave him the chance to clear up the confusion once and for all on-panel.
    That and it seemed like editorial didn't want it officially confirmed, but I guess they don't care anymore.

(I wonder if they could depict Riri as bi now...)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That and it seemed like editorial didn't want it officially confirmed, but I guess they don't care anymore.

(I wonder if they could depict Riri as bi now...)
    I doubt it. I think they're more sensitive over characters with MCU futures.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I doubt it. I think they're more sensitive over characters with MCU futures.
    That's probably true. I guess maybe they realized Nadia's MCU ties are so nebulous that it doesn't really matter any more.

Astonishing Member

They are also starting to introduce and acknowledge more LGBT characters within the MCU now, so that might also have been a factor....which also suggests that maybe Riri isn't out of the question.

They are also starting to introduce and acknowledge more LGBT characters within the MCU now, so that might also have been a factor....which also suggests that maybe Riri isn't out of the question.
    I think there was a rumor they were going to have a character in the MCU be explicitly LGBTQ+ (and I think it was rumored for Riri's show?).

Astonishing Member

plus Nadia Van Dyne's asexuality is finally confirmed on-panel.
    Sigh. Knew it was coming but still wish it at least happened somewhere else and NOT in a story related to Gwenpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess Jeremy Whitley won twice.
    Meanwhile as an Asexual reader who hated the Gwenpool thing I feel like I've lost twice :P

Am I the only one really disappointed by Marvels pride month this year.

The special felt lacklustre compared to the previous two. More like advertisements rather than interesting stories. And not even a collection or trade of previous things like they put out last year.

I feel like they didn't want to try, just felt they had to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post

The special felt lacklustre compared to the previous two. More like advertisements rather than interesting stories. And not even a collection or trade of previous things like they put out last year.

I do know comic twitter barely talked about it at all compared to the DC one this year, which isn't a sign overall but kind of funny on my end. When it hits Unlimited I know I'll be reading it to see how it compares but folks generally seem to agree the DC ones tend to be more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post

Yeah, not to be rude, but I thought it was awful in comparison to DC's this year. I appreciated trying to highlight some new characters, but the whole thing lacked heart and seemed inconsequential.

That being said, I did love the Marvel Voices Captain Aaron arc. Hopefully we see more of him with a better costume now that he has powers.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Sigh. Knew it was coming but still wish it at least happened somewhere else and NOT in a story related to Gwenpool.

Meanwhile as an Asexual reader who hated the Gwenpool thing I feel like I've lost twice :P
    Totally get you.

What’s wrong with Nadia being asexual? Is she part of some popular ship fans we’re hoping would happen? Was she confirmed aromantic as well or...?

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I do know comic twitter barely talked about it at all compared to the DC one this year, which isn't a sign overall but kind of funny on my end. When it hits Unlimited I know I'll be reading it to see how it compares but folks generally seem to agree the DC ones tend to be more interesting.
    I only read about the DC one last year because of the "pride is not a riot no need to control it it's a party !" discourse.
    Fun fact : I just read the italian version and they changed the dialogue completely to make it way more informed.

It was spoilers:
    Specter who got outed and he and Graymalkin are the new couple.
    end of spoilers
    Ooooh what a nice couple with I think complementary powers !