View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 1031 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 315319319811021102710281029103010311032103310341035104110811131 ... LastLast
Results 15,451 to 15,465 of 16966
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Has it been said in comics that Starfox is queer? Was it said he’s pan or bi?
    Nothing has been explicitly stated, but in the last THANOS ongoing series, there is a scene where Champion walks in on Eros in one of his orgies. Some of the aliens he is intertwined with appeared masculine, and when Eros saw Champion he commented "Well, well, aren't you a strapping fellow. Please, come in. Join us. The more the merrier".

There have been other little suggestive bits here and there too, such as in one Jim Starlin's graphic novels Eros referring to his past lovers in gender non-specific terms, but nothing where he specifically comes out on panel and says that he's bi/pan. Given what we've seen on his love life, and his nature as an Eternal, I would say that "pansexual" would be most likely the proper definition for him.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Captain America #23 - Toni Ho makes an appearance

Excalibur #12 - Rictor got to be involved in some ritual Apocalypse was performing with the other Externals, and run around shirtless for half the issue. Betsy gets a brief confrontation with Saturnyne.

Immortal Hulk #37 - Dr. McGowan is part of the supporting cast

X-Men #12 - Anole has an appearance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's not really confirmed/explicit. He's on a poly relationship with Scott and Jean, but the details haven't been made clear and so far the most explicit thing we got was him and Jean having a moment, so people who don't want it can still say he's straight and it's just the two with Jean.
    Wolverine x Jean
    Scott x Emma Frost/and Madelyne Pryor

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Wolverine x Jean
    Scott x Emma Frost/and Madelyne Pryor
    Please! Please, leave Maddie out of it! Let the woman move on already, and give her better stories.

Far, far, FAR away from the Summers clan and their bloody drama. Let her start working with Selene, again. Hell, make them a couple! Just leave her out of the the Summers/Grey/Logan/Frost bs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Please! Please, leave Maddie out of it! Let the woman move on already, and give her better stories.

Far, far, FAR away from the Summers clan and their bloody drama. Let her start working with Selene, again. Hell, make them a couple! Just leave her out of the the Summers/Grey/Logan/Frost bs.
    Maddie wants her family back. Everything had been broken ever since Marvel decided to bring Jean Grey from the dead in 1985 for X-Factor. Marvel should have left Jean dead and instead used Rachel Summers as the 5th member of X-Factor in 1986. Afterall, the first arc for X-Factor should had been to travel to Rachel's timeline to defeat those that brought destruction to her world. Imagine if Days of Future's past was caused by Apocalypse? This would had been the last time the surviving original X-Men get together before saying goodbye to Rachel as they are being sent back to their timeline. I feel that Scott Summers and Maddie should have had the same long lasting relationship as Peter Parker and Mary Jane. What Marvel did to Maddie was dumb.

With that said, the only place I could see Maddie move on to is the world of Spider-Man as he worst nightmare due to his ties with Scott Summers and Nathan Summers...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Maddie wants her family back. Everything had been broken ever since Marvel decided to bring Jean Grey from the dead in 1985 for X-Factor. Marvel should have left Jean dead and instead used Rachel Summers as the 5th member of X-Factor in 1986. Afterall, the first arc for X-Factor should had been to travel to Rachel's timeline to defeat those that brought destruction to her world. Imagine if Days of Future's past was caused by Apocalypse? This would had been the last time the surviving original X-Men get together before saying goodbye to Rachel as they are being sent back to their timeline. I feel that Scott Summers and Maddie should have had the same long lasting relationship as Peter Parker and Mary Jane. What Marvel did to Maddie was dumb.

With that said, the only place I could see Maddie move on to is the world of Spider-Man as he worst nightmare due to his ties with Scott Summers and Nathan Summers...
    1) No. Jean is an important X-Man who deserved to be on the books as much as any other hero, Maddie was just a human supporting character and the idea to just let her and Scott get married and live happily ever after would obviously never work considering how comic books are.

2) Are we really having this discussion on this thread.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    1) No. Jean is an important X-Man who deserved to be on the books as much as any other hero, Maddie was just a human supporting character and the idea to just let her and Scott get married and live happily ever after would obviously never work considering how comic books are.

2) Are we really having this discussion on this thread.
    Here is the link that talks about Jean's return from the Dead. Marvel's EiC Jim Shooter should have put his foot down by leaving Jean Grey dead. Her return has caused the term "Once dead, they stay dead" to lose it's meaning. This is why characters like Norman Osborn were allowed to return from the dead. If Marvel plans to bring back Destiny, they might as well do more with the character than keeping her as Mystique's soulmate.

http://secretsbehindthexmen.blogspot...-x-factor.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post

you're right...

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

There's a casting call out for Frenchie in Moon Knight.
    https://thedirect.com/article/moon-k...show-exclusive

While it's not yet confirmed who these two characters are, our sources tell us that one character the studio is casting for is Jean-Paul DuChamp (aka "Frenchie"), the best friend of Marc Spector.
    20-40 (years old), White male. A stereotypical good looking, overly enthusiastic, less intelligent than average but still lovable. Actor must be fluent in French.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post

While it's not yet confirmed who these two characters are, our sources tell us that one character the studio is casting for is Jean-Paul DuChamp (aka "Frenchie"), the best friend of Marc Spector.
    20-40 (years old), White male. A stereotypical good looking, overly enthusiastic, less intelligent than average but still lovable. Actor must be fluent in French.
    "Less intelligent than average"? That's a defining characteristic of the character that they are looking for in the casting call? Odd.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Maestro #2 of 5 - Hercules (of the alternate/possible future of the Maestro) is involved in the story

X Of Swords: Creation - Part 1 of the big 22 part X-Men crossover. Rictor, Mystique and Kate Pryde all make appearances. There is another moment hinting at something going on between Rictor and Apocalypse, but it remains undefined at this point.

Wow, that was a surprisingly light week -- especially after the steady stream of LGBT content we got during EMPYRE. Ah well.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post

Being fluent in french seems a like a dead giveaway that it's Frenchie indeed. I'm really happy they're using him! French-canadian actor François Arnaud came out as bi just recently. I could see him in the role.

Anyway, my hope for Frenchie in this MK show is that they actually flesh out his feelings for Marc. We found out he was in love with Marc in the comics just with a throwaway line, since it was basically a later reveal years after the character was introduced. But since they are going to introduce Frenchie in the show with the established knowledge he is gay, I hope we actually see those feelings playing a part in the story. And I would love if Marc was bi and returned his feelings too, much like the Runaways show did by making Nico return Karolina's feelings instead of rejecting her like in the early Runaways comics.

Now that I think about it, they should do it with Zoe/Nakia on the Ms. Marvel shows as well. No more unrequited love for straight people; let's make 'em bi!

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    "Less intelligent than average"? That's a defining characteristic of the character that they are looking for in the casting call? Odd.
    I'm pretty sure "stereotypical good looking, overly enthusiastic, less intelligent than average but still lovable" is the diplomatic way of saying "himbo", lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Being fluent in french seems a like a dead giveaway that it's Frenchie indeed. I'm really happy they're using him! French-canadian actor François Arnaud came out as bi just recently. I could see him in the role.

Anyway, my hope for Frenchie in this MK show is that they actually flesh out his feelings for Marc. We found out he was in love with Marc in the comics just with a throwaway line, since it was basically a later reveal years after the character was introduced. But since they are going to introduce Frenchie in the show with the established knowledge he is gay, I hope we actually see those feelings playing a part in the story. And I would love if Marc was bi and returned his feelings too, much like the Runaways show did by making Nico return Karolina's feelings instead of rejecting her like in the early Runaways comics.

Now that I think about it, they should do it with Zoe/Nakia on the Ms. Marvel shows as well. No more unrequited love for straight people; let's make 'em bi!
    I have also thought about Marc being gay or bi but I can't help but think that that could potentially be really problematic because of Marc's multiple personalities. Like imagine if he was straight but one of his other personalities is gay or something like that, it would really be a mess. Plus I just doubt that they'll let a lead character be gay/bi, it's most likely that LGBT characters will only be part of an ensemble/team like Phastos in Eternals, Valkyrie in Thor: Love & Thunder, and Wiccan & Hulkling in Young Avengers.

Now that being said, a lot of people (myself included) would like Oliver Jackson-Cohen to play Marc and Oliver is heavily rumoured to be gay or bisexual. So that would be interesting if he did end-up getting cast, especially considering that Marvel seems to be looking to cast gay actors as gay characters (which I love). I hope they get a gay actor to play Frenchie, although personally I think it's more important to get openly gay actors to play more prominent gay characters like Wiccan and Hulkling than lesser-know and less prominent characters like Frenchie.

Side Note: It's gonna' be awkward if they eventually include Northstar in a future project and Northstar, the actual first gay superhero in history, ends-up being just the second gay guy in the MCU named Jean-Paul.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 09-24-2020 at 10:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I wondered that too. Would they simplify the supporting cast of Ms Marvel and make Nakia queer along with Zoe. It’s not like Nakia has another straight love interest.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 09-25-2020 at 12:24 PM.

I think there's no way in hell Marvel would make the lead of a solo franchise queer lol. They are just starting to include them in teams and other supporting roles.

I guess Zoe/Nakia would have more chances. But I wonder if it wouldn't be very controversial.