View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 882 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 382782832872878879880881882883884885886892932982 ... LastLast
Results 13,216 to 13,230 of 16974
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'd be less comfortable with Johnny revealing he's gay as Bobby Drake did. His relationships with women have, although obviously not successful, been strong for a time and composed of a real love, while Bobby's have been more love-sick kid without a real basis, to my knowledge anyway.

As to Johnny flirting with Wyatt (I'm assuming the Mets game), I've seen many guys react with a "you wish, I'd be great" type of reaction when the topic of a male male situation comes up and there really isn't any real attraction there, only male bravado. of course, this has become more common as time has passed and social standards have changed. There's no way in hell that exchange would have happened back when Johnny and Wyatt were at college in the 60s.

I'd like to Johnny higher than 0 on the Kinsey scale. Bi-curious anyway, even if not evenly bisexual.
    Bi guys can and do have real love with women. Johnny having loving relationships with women in the past doesn't preclude him from being bi. I'm not saying you meant it this way, but there is a misconception that bi people can only have "real" love with one group and that the other group is somehow a lesser sort of love. If that's not what you meant I apologize. The use of "real love" made me think of that.

In my mind (and the mind of at least one creator) Johnny has always been bi. We just haven't gotten 100% on page confirmation yet. To me it's not a question of "will he be made gay/bi" but "when will it be admitted".

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Did you hear we might be getting a captain Britain movie? If it happens we might see a gay Union Jack. That would be so cool.

And also, can you believe we’ve been yammering on for 882 pages! Snaps for us!
    I heard about it, but I'm not sure if I'm buying it. Regardless, I agree it would be pretty cool to see what they could do with that franchise in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    While I'd love that, I'd imagine if they went with a Union Jack, they'd go with the current straight one.
    Unless they pull a Wonder Woman and place it in the past.
    They could always reimagine Brian in the present, kind of like the Avengers Academy game did. Or just change Joseph's sexuality; he's hardly the kind of character that has a huge following or is known for having any iconic and important heterosexual relationship, so it'd be easier. That kind of compromise would, of course, require Marvel Studios to actually care about LGBTQ representation in order for it to happen, so I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Maybe I'm just thirsty for teeb drama, but a Franklin-Bentley-Val love triangle seems dramatic and soap opera'y enough to appeal to everyone!

Though it isnt clear quite how aged up everyone has been, so that could also be totally inappropriate.

Gay Franklin could be a fun coming out story for the modern age. It'd win GLAAD awards if done well, and it's an easy come out to do given the blank slate of a teen boy finding himself.

Though I fully expect him to be awkward and crushing on the girl from Wakanda or something instead. Safe option.
    Gay Franklin and the love triangle between him , Val and Bentley (or Alex) would be awesome

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    They could always reimagine Brian in the present, kind of like the Avengers Academy game did.
    Possible. But there is one other obstacle to having Brian Falsworth be the Union Jack in a Captain Britain movie--his first name. I'm not sure they'd do a movie with Brian Braddock and Brian Falsworth together.

Or just change Joseph's sexuality; he's hardly the kind of character that has a huge following or is known for having any iconic and important heterosexual relationship, so it'd be easier.
    While I agree that they probably could get away with changing his sexuality if they wanted to, I would argue that his heterosexual relationship with Spitfire was pretty significant for a while there--at least for the weirdness factor to it (he was dating his best friend's de-aged mother).

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Possible. But there is one other obstacle to having Brian Falsworth be the Union Jack in a Captain Britain movie--his first name. I'm not sure they'd do a movie with Brian Braddock and Brian Falsworth together.
    Well, we recently got two Peters in the Avengers movie, so I'd argue there's space for two Brians as well, haha.

While I agree that they probably could get away with changing his sexuality if they wanted to, I would argue that his heterosexual relationship with Spitfire was pretty significant for a while there--at least for the weirdness factor to it (he was dating his best friend's de-aged mother).
    I mean, I guess it could be read as significant for some fans, but I personally never thought it was a big deal. Like, she wasn't nowhere near to be the Mary Jane to his Peter Parker, you know? So I think most people would probably be able to live without it in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I suppose given MCU movies and their style of humour, they could use that to make a meta joke about all the Chris's portraying their characters.
    #EmmaWasRight

America has a doll!!! I want this so bad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You misspelled "action figure" lol

Nope! This is a doll. It has hair and clothes like a Barbie lol.

Mighty Member

You mean "Special Collectible Figurine". Those are worth a lot of money, one day, maybe, you know.

Infinity Wars #3 Spoilers

spoilers:
    Apparently 616 Moondragon died at some point?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Infinity Wars #3 Spoilers

spoilers:
    Apparently 616 Moondragon died at some point?
    end of spoilers
    Several times over the years....but I think this was either a mistake on the part of the writer, or possibly an intentional mistake as further evidence of Gamora's failing grasp on reality by getting her facts wrong. I'm hoping for the latter, but I'm afraid its the former.

Astonishing Member

Well, we recently got two Peters in the Avengers movie, so I'd argue there's space for two Brians as well, haha.
    I know you're kidding, but I will point out that those two Peters were introduced in separate movie franchises before being brought together in this big crossover event movie. That's different than introducing two new characters with the same first name in the same movie.

I mean, I guess it could be read as significant for some fans, but I personally never thought it was a big deal. Like, she wasn't nowhere near to be the Mary Jane to his Peter Parker, you know? So I think most people would probably be able to live without it in the MCU.
    For sure, the could easily not include that in the MCU. In fact, I would expect them to not include it in the MCU--or at least drastically revamp it because the comics version is a bit too complicated to try and cram into a movie. lol. I was just pointing out that its not like Joey is a blank slate romantically.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

I love it! I'm not gonna get them or anything, but it's nice knowing kids (and adults who are into dolls, I guess) today have something like this. Also, it looks like they're putting a lot more faith into this Marvel Rising franchise than I thought they would. Hopefully it'll give America a popularity boost.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-13-2018 at 01:35 AM.

God what a wonderful world we live in. Not perfect but that’s definitely not something I would have seen as a kid