View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 997 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 49789794798799399499599699799899910001001100710471097 ... LastLast
Results 14,941 to 14,955 of 16972
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Do you know what an agenda is? Every piece of content to ever exist has an agenda.
    You know what I meant, don't be facetious
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Do you know what an agenda is? Every piece of content to ever exist has an agenda.
    Yeah, and this Dawn of X is a new era where anything is possible and the core narrative of addressing death & resurrection protocols is VERY intriguing!

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    You know what I meant, don't be facetious
    I know exactly what you meant, which is why pointing out a specific agenda that has to do with inclusivity and positive representation and saying “look, nobody’s gonna like THIS sort of agenda” on a thread about LGBTQ+ characters is a nuclear take to have.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    this image is gorgeous

Yeah I love it. It’s so pulpy. We don’t often get to see ourselves as pulp heroes

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Interestingly that site is also the same one that claims an inside source says that Ikaris will be bi in The Eternals. I've remained skeptical of that rumour because it only started after the rumours and leaks about Phastos being the gay character instead of Ikaris gained more traction.

However it does seem that the rumour of Hulkling coming to the MCU has been growing lately, although some people claim it's only because of the recent event in Marvel comics. We'll have to wait and see, if it's true that they're introducing Hulkling soon then I really don't know what project it will be because WandaVision has already been filming for a while.

I love that cover! it looks like a space romance novel mixed with a gay magazine

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Interestingly that site is also the same one that claims an inside source says that Ikaris will be bi in The Eternals. I've remained skeptical of that rumour because it only started after the rumours and leaks about Phastos being the gay character instead of Ikaris gained more traction.

However it does seem that the rumour of Hulkling coming to the MCU has been growing lately, although some people claim it's only because of the recent event in Marvel comics. We'll have to wait and see, if it's true that they're introducing Hulkling soon then I really don't know what project it will be because WandaVision has already been filming for a while.
    It was also the same website that claimed that an America Chavez show was being developed for Disney+ and that Marvel was casting a transgender actress for something that was going to be filmed this year, two things that we're also yet to see if it checks out. Does anyone know if they ever published a scoop that turned out to be true? I obviously want it to be true, but it's one of those things that sound way too good to be so easily believed.

As for that production this is potentially for, my money is on WandaVision, since we know S.W.O.R.D. will be there, which will likely be tied to the Captain Marvel frachise. It's true that WandaVision has been filming for a while now and they would've likely had cast everyone they needed, but if it was a smaller role in the last episode or something, maybe they they could afford to cast the role a little bit later. I guess Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness is also a possibility, since that movie seems to be a direct follow-up of WandaVision. Wild guess is She-Hulk, if they want to establish some kind of connection between him and the Hulk legacy to explain why he calls himself Hulkling later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It was also the same website that claimed that an America Chavez show was being developed for Disney+ and that Marvel was casting a transgender actress for something that was going to be filmed this year, two things that we're also yet to see if it checks out. Does anyone know if they ever published a scoop that turned out to be true? I obviously want it to be true, but it's one of those things that sound way too good to be so easily believed.

As for that production this is potentially for, my money is on WandaVision, since we know S.W.O.R.D. will be there, which will likely be tied to the Captain Marvel frachise. It's true that WandaVision has been filming for a while now and they would've likely had cast everyone they needed, but if it was a smaller role in the last episode or something, maybe they they could afford to cast the role a little bit later. I guess Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness is also a possibility, since that movie seems to be a direct follow-up of WandaVision. Wild guess is She-Hulk, if they want to establish some kind of connection between him and the Hulk legacy to explain why he calls himself Hulkling later on.
    Someone on Reddit said that site has a good track record when it comes to DC scoops, no idea how reliable they are with Marvel info. As for what project it is if true, I've been seeing people speculate that it's Ant-Man 3. Charles Murphy heard a rumour that Ant-Man 3 would introduce the Young Avengers a while back, but he was unable to get any more solid evidence for it. Someone who works for that site also claimed that the twins start off as babies but they're teenagers by the end of WandaVision and that Marvel is moving ahead on Young Avengers much quicker than they thought. Again, we'll just have to wait and see how much of this turns out to be true.

IDK, they mention a casting call but they don't actually post it? And I feel like Captain Marvel 2 would make more sense for Hulkling's introduction than anything that's shooting this year.

Now a second site is claiming they've gotten even more info on the casting call for Hulkling and they're specifically claiming it's for WandaVision.
    https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...t-wandavision/
    "Marvel Studios is searching for a teenager or young adult male to play Teddy (age 16 – 23), describing him as a Skrull who requires help from S.W.O.R.D. in order to remain safely on Earth."

What's really interesting though is that Charles Murphy, a reliable source who also broke those news about a gay character in The Eternals, retweeted this site's article. Also the person I mentioned on Reddit claiming Billy will be a teen by the end of WandaVision says that Billy has "almost certainly" been cast by now. WandaVision has been filming for a while but will continue filming through March.

Now a second site is claiming they've gotten even more info on the casting call for Hulkling and they're specifically claiming it's for WandaVision.
    "Marvel Studios is searching for a teenager or young adult male to play Teddy (age 16 – 23), describing him as a Skrull who requires help from S.W.O.R.D. in order to remain safely on Earth."

What's really interesting though is that Charles Murphy, a reliable source who also broke those news about a gay character in The Eternals, retweeted this site's article. Also the person I mentioned on Reddit claiming Billy will be a teen by the end of WandaVision says that Billy has "almost certainly" been cast by now. WandaVision has been filming for a while but will continue filming through March.
    Yeah, that seems more concrete. Also 16-23 is a better age range than 15-20. I wonder how SWORD having to protect him or something would go?

Also, I just thought one thing about Hulkling in the MCU: He could have two moms. Aka the unused Nightcrawler origin. With Mar-Vell being a woman, the first idea that comes to mind is genderbending Princess Anelle too, but, as skrull are shapeshifters, you could just have female Anelle impregnating Mar-Vell lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, that seems more concrete. Also 16-23 is a better age range than 15-20. I wonder how SWORD having to protect him or something would go?

Also, I just thought one thing about Hulkling in the MCU: He could have two moms. Aka the unused Nightcrawler origin. With Mar-Vell being a woman, the first idea that comes to mind is genderbending Princess Anelle too, but, as skrull are shapeshifters, you could just have female Anelle impregnating Mar-Vell lol.
    Given Marvels one-step-at-a-time approach to diversity I'd imagine there goal right now is to just to get there global audiences used to the idea of non-straight characters in their movies, I think we're a bit away from anyone attempting that storyline.

Though does anyone know if there ever was an incident like that in the comics? I know Xavin was gender fluid but has it ever been established that a male Skrull could potentially conceive and deliver a child to term and vice versa.

Given that Mar-vell long dead and they're looking for a teenager I'd say Teddy being a decadent of hers seems more likely, though if he is already with Sword it does potentially change up quite a bit, a big part of his story was discovering he wasn't human and heir to a legacy, also it implies he didn't grow up on Earth but instead grew up among Skrulls and their culture.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I literally never heard of this Illuminerdi website before, but the fact that two separate sources are claiming that casting for the character is underway and it got insiders talking about that is, well... something. I definitely trust Charles Murphy. Also, apparently Daniel Richtman posted this as a scoop on his Patreon shortly before GWW broke the news, so that makes it at least 3 different sources claiming the same.

I'm just slightly worried about him being described as a Skrull only. Hopefully they're not erasing his Kree heritage, which is just as important.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think Mar-Vell will be Teddy's parent at all. She died in 1989; even assuming that Teddy was a newborn back then, that would put him in his 30s on present day. Even if he's supposed to look younger than his actual age like Carol, I don't think Marvel would make a grown ass adult Teddy be the boyfriend to teenage Billy. If they want to make him the appropriate age, he either will have a completely different set of parents, OR they can say Mar-Vell had a child, and this child eventually became Teddy's parent, making him her grandson instead. I like the latter option.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Given that Mar-vell long dead and they're looking for a teenager I'd say Teddy being a decadent of hers seems more likely, though if he is already with Sword it does potentially change up quite a bit, a big part of his story was discovering he wasn't human and heir to a legacy, also it implies he didn't grow up on Earth but instead grew up among Skrulls and their culture.
    I thought about that too, but the description is kinda vague. He needs help from S.W.O.R.D., but it doesn't say how exactly. Maybe he doesn't actively seek their help, but whoever is taking care of him on Earth (Ms. Altman, if we're going by the comics) does that to keep him safe and he has no idea what's going on. I prefer this scenario over radically changing his upbringing, 'cause that might as well change who he is as a character entirely...
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-16-2020 at 02:30 PM.